Perpetual harvest

I’m not sure how that would work, since the lights in my 8x8 are set to 11/13.

2 Likes

First 4 weeks plants grown from seed won’t go into flower no matter what. They need a degree of maturity for that. Clones can go into flowering straight away though.

I wouldn’t plant seeds in there though.

2 Likes

Yea i have a dedicated veg tent. Even my clones I veg for a good month at least before flowering. I prefer fewer bigger plants in flower vs a lot of small ones

Fair enough!
Some growers go 12/12 or 11/13 from seed in order to sex the plants asap, then flip to veg.
I’m doing the same currently but not gonna flip to veg.
It’s an experiment, and I have very limited space so I’d rather have many small ones so I can make seeds as well.

3 Likes

That definitely makes sense for your scenario. Watchu working with currently? Any seeds on the horizon?

1 Like

Too soon to tell, but maybe there’s a male in there!

Playing around with a stacked pot setup and throwing a maximum amount of kitchenscraps at it: Stacked Pots of Joy . 2022 - #44 by Rogue

It’s going really well so far, beyond my expectations!
No watering anymore and no teas or anything else, all it gets is fresh organic matter.
Because most of what I throw in there is about 70-90% water anyway, it seems to suffice.
I’m thinking the fungi immediately suck all the water out and distribute it to the entire soil.

2 Likes

Whats lighting the whats lighting the 8x8

No watering at all!? That rules. Watering is the bane of my existence haha. I’ve been perusing your thread

1 Like

5 days since I threw a little rest of the tea I drink in there.
Definitely keeps the fungus gnats away. :wink:

1 Like

There are currently 8 240watt hlg quantum boards, a red initiator puck that comes on 15 minutes before the lights and 15 minutes after they go out. Also 2 hlg 100watt boards sprinkled in there. It’s about 2200 watts total

1 Like

I had fungus gnats off and on a couple years ago but I added beneficial nematodes to all the beds and haven’t seen a gnat since!

5 Likes

21 Likes

Very nice, I’ll definitely join in on this one. Still no living soil for me but perhaps one day, took me 10 years to try hydro, now I run a mixed bag, perhaps living soil is the next step…. I’m torn between this and the mapito blend as I always love exploring new avenues and have the space so why not. It’s obtaining the starting products that’s holding me back tbh and which damn mix to utilize if I do, there’s hundreds if not thousands. Sheesh, I thought RDWC and NFT were a PITA at first. Lol

3 Likes

What’s the mapito blend?

2 Likes

Lovely garden you have there, what strains are you growing?

1 Like

Thanks!
There’s a lot in there. Purple crunch and purple aliens from Greenpoint seeds. Tropicana Motorbreath. Rosso Melon. Blue Magoo. Wedding Cake x Kush Mints. Candyland x campfire og. And then a bunch of my own crosses

@GrowCrazy

4 Likes

Can’t really go wrong with pure (vermi)compost, mixes are overrated.
Put a covercrop and wormtower in there and you’re set for life.

1 Like

I cheated and bought living soil concentrate from Nature’s Living Soil. Mixed that up with my fav bag soil and you’re set. Throw some worms in there and top dress on occasion. Easy peasy. My beds are 3 years old and have had at least 15 flowering rounds and are still cruising

4 Likes

It’s rock wool and polyurethane chunks… I think it is more common in Europe than N. America.

Cheers
G

1 Like

That’s wild. Never even heard of it :man_shrugging::open_mouth:

1 Like