Perpetual harvest

Very nice, I’ll definitely join in on this one. Still no living soil for me but perhaps one day, took me 10 years to try hydro, now I run a mixed bag, perhaps living soil is the next step…. I’m torn between this and the mapito blend as I always love exploring new avenues and have the space so why not. It’s obtaining the starting products that’s holding me back tbh and which damn mix to utilize if I do, there’s hundreds if not thousands. Sheesh, I thought RDWC and NFT were a PITA at first. Lol

3 Likes

What’s the mapito blend?

2 Likes

Lovely garden you have there, what strains are you growing?

1 Like

Thanks!
There’s a lot in there. Purple crunch and purple aliens from Greenpoint seeds. Tropicana Motorbreath. Rosso Melon. Blue Magoo. Wedding Cake x Kush Mints. Candyland x campfire og. And then a bunch of my own crosses

@GrowCrazy

4 Likes

Can’t really go wrong with pure (vermi)compost, mixes are overrated.
Put a covercrop and wormtower in there and you’re set for life.

1 Like

I cheated and bought living soil concentrate from Nature’s Living Soil. Mixed that up with my fav bag soil and you’re set. Throw some worms in there and top dress on occasion. Easy peasy. My beds are 3 years old and have had at least 15 flowering rounds and are still cruising

4 Likes

It’s rock wool and polyurethane chunks… I think it is more common in Europe than N. America.

Cheers
G

1 Like

That’s wild. Never even heard of it :man_shrugging::open_mouth:

1 Like

It’s new to me as well.
I looked into it a little out of curiosity, but decided it’s ‘not my thing’

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Yea. I tried rockwool once upon a time and it wasn’t my thing. I’ll stick with dirt haha

2 Likes

Real 2200w leds . On a clear day you can see wbSamadhi’s grow from the international space station .

No fucking around. I bet its a pretty sweet set up with the individual boards, wouldn’t mind a picture. But probably next to impossible to get it alll…

Any signs of compaction ? I know my 20 gal bags have some the best soil up top. Its freakishly fluffed. Full of life.starting to fear the bottom half is getting more and more compacted. Just moving the pots I lose .5 -1 inch sometimes .

Living soil rocks!! Mine will be 3 years old early spring . Time for a professional soil test soon.

2 Likes

Hey @wbSamadhi beautiful grow ! How do you like the red initiator pucks? Have you noticed any benefits to having them ?

1 Like

Thanks!

I should probably have 4 of the pucks in a tent this size haha. But it seems to trigger flowering a little faster.

1 Like

Cool dude I’m setting up a 8x8 and was planning on putting some reds in there, glad to hear you like them

1 Like

Yea and at the very least, they’re cheap and can’t hurt to try haha.

@Granola

1 Like

Thanks! It’s wicked bright in there. Especially since I swapped out 4 of the 240watt boards for 2 hlg 480watt Rspec lights. For whatever reason they’re brighter than two single boards… Might have to get two more at some point.

I haven’t had much compaction. Actually I usually end up having to take some soil out. I use fresh nectar of the gods #4 soil for my veg base and when I transplant those into my flowering beds I scoop out a bunch of soil from the bed, which is full of vermicompost from all my worms and put that back into my veg soil bin. That rich soil then helps feed my vegging plants and the fresh soil gets put into the flowering bed, which reintroduces some more perlite. I’m not a huge fan of perlite, because after time it breaks down and/works it’s way to the surface and just sits there. I like vermiculite for aeration, but that shit is wicked heavy. Rice hulls work really well for aeration though and when it breaks down it provides a bit of silica. Anyway, sorry if this makes no sense. I may have smoked as soon as I woke up :joy:

3 Likes

The 3 males I’m checking out as they begin to flower. Candyland x campfire og on left. Dragon stash in the middle. G13hp x nl5 x haze on right.
I recently cleaned out my male closet because it wasn’t being used for some time. I should throw down some panda paper or a tarp or something.

7 Likes

Part of the veg tent right before the babes in the back got watered to perk em up.

Don’t mind the half dead reveg clones on the shelf to the left haha.

6 Likes

Cover crop starting to peak through.
:seedling:
2 new gals transplanted into a 2x4 bed. G13hp x nl5 x haze on the right and dragon stash on left.
My flagship strain Samadhi looking beautiful. Probably a few more weeks to go. She’s just now starting to swell.
Terrible and messy pics of the lights in 8x8. :man_shrugging::joy:

14 Likes

just got caught up here, Nice set up you got. Love that your no-till!!
will be sitting in the corner if theres still room :slight_smile:

4 Likes