PGR Let's talk about it

Pgrs made for the rosebud industry to form tighter formation of rosebuds an are not ment for use in anything ment for human consumption

Next! + 15 characters

1 Like

One of my problems with it is that density is so synonymous with quality that locally it’s like that’s all anybody knows about. There’s no appreciation for fresh quality nuggets even though they’re stacked, because they’re not rock hard.

4 Likes

Leave it on the counter for a day or two fuck em lol alot of " marijuanna" nutrients were never ment for marijuanna they just work for marijuanna lol

If you gotta over dry it over dry it better than giving them poison lol

Please read this topic.

I’ve was going to close this topic but I decided to let the discussion continue here.

i have never heard of these products. that other thread contained a lot of information about the different types and their ingredients. is there any definitive data their use can cause contamination, even if flushed properly? i imagine they aren’t approved for use in cannabis in canada (only 17 or 19 products are, but they’re mostly all poison not intended for consumption too) but people are probably using them.

does it decrease quality/thc in exchange for yield? or does it increase yield and THC? if it’s not showing up as contaminant in lab testing i don’t see an issue with it. it’s not like i’d drink any of the nutrients i give my plants. will have to look more in to it. but food crops don’t practice flushing (i’m not sure if any other crops practice flushing?) and cannabis for the most part isn’t ingested as a food

i don’t sell or intend to so i might consider using it in my own crops after more research. i would disagree with using it undeclared in crops for public consumption or as medicine though. i imagine OC likes that kind of stuff.

edit: i did have bud one time that was rock hard and nearly impossible to bust up even with scissors - coffee grinder necessary. also had a weird chemical taste and caused throat irritation and cough. wonder if that was why

I rate this product like the bad ass LSD that went around the city. No one wanted to talk about it because everyone would run out and look for it.

Same with this product,if someone knew how it worked they would want to try it. The only thing is its dangerous so it should be avoided. It will work but there are some other issues with the product. None I wish to share…

3 Likes

pure LSD you should be able to take large doses (thumbprints of xtal), but only if you can handle a trip of course! :smiley: do you have any knowledge about potential harms PGR can cause, or if buds grown using it can be toxic to smoke?

1 Like

Liver damage an cancer

2 Likes

@GrapeApe why wouldn’t you share? That’s the point of this post.

2 Likes

PGRs are produced by the plants themselves, adding synthetic or extracted PGRs can have quite an effect. PGRs are found in the kelp, malted barley, aloe, and coconut water that I add to my plants.

Im pretty sure flushing is an urban myth, or at best a trick to induce senescence.

5 Likes

yes i noticed it inhibits gibberellens or whatever, so it seems to do the opposite of GA3, which could increase elongation and stretching? i’m going to ask a few commercial growers if they use them. i wonder if they’d be reluctant to say. i’ll have to do more research. synthetic or isolated ones sound the most effective to me. need to do a risk analysis

1 Like

I thought this was a pretty good overview. https://www.humboldtseeds.net/en/blog/plant-growth-regulators-weed/

Pretty controversial substance, at least the synthetic versions. I’m pretty sure most of the flowers at the rec shops here are grown with them (rock hard buds)

2 Likes

It’s all black market here, but the market is absolutely flooded with pgr buds. Between pgr and the vacuum sealing unless you can throw buds through a window people don’t think that it’s top quality.

3 Likes

Lol let it dry out on the counter for a day after its cured itll harden right up for them haha it might be worth it to do a test grow with an have it sent to the lab have one with synthetic pgr one natural pgr an then no pgr then have then all lab tested an smoke tested but like i said before pgr where ment for the rose industry not marijuana

What you mean flushing is an urban myth?

Gotta flush when growing hydroponics tho.
It’s the difference between smoking smooth, white-ash smoke with no crackling that doesn’t burn too fast or go out… and smoking a wet charcoal briquette.

Haha was he talkin about flushing in dirt lol i always flush but run hydro so i def know the difference thats why i asked why he said it was a myth theres def a huge differenvece between flush an unflushed