Pirates of the Mediterranean

Cool…

Lower yielding, but perhaps more medicinal effects…
I’m trying to find my ideal “needle in a hay stack” landrace strain…happy, uplifting, perhaps stronger without being racy…
There’s just so many varieties, and the trial and error method has given more than my fair share of “magic carpet rides” …chuckle

Do you have any “go to” strains you’ve tried that check those boxes?

Regards
Toast

7 Likes

Panama Haze is definitely my go to for those kinds of effects, but it’s not really a landrace. Both the Panama and OT Haze are pretty heavily worked. The Black Lebanon from Geneseeds is actually quite strong, but I found it a little racy. My hybrid with the Blue Hemp Lebanese seems to have taken some of the edge off.

I haven’t tried Sinai yet, but from pictures I’ve seen and things I’ve read, it might also be close to what you’re looking for.

9 Likes

The right Durban can be like that for me. There’s a billion out there though haha

4 Likes

I second that actually. Durban is a good suggestion to find what you’re looking for.

5 Likes

Someone else had mentioned Durban awhile back…at the time, I had ordered Dutch Passions Durban Poison…then someone had mentioned DP’s version was pretty good but not like the others…so now I have Cannabiogen’s Durban on the way…and I have not yet sprouted a single Durban seed…as I have become the equivalent of a hunting dog chasing everything…and focusing on nothing :frowning:

What do you think …have I ordered the right strain of Durban?

1 Like

It depends what you’re looking for. Honestly, I love the Cannabiogen version. It’s stable, pure sativa and is a really great smoke. You can never go wrong with Cannabiogen. I think Dutch versions of DP will mostly contain skunk genetics, but they’re good too.

Right or wrong, I consider “Durban Poison” to be a strain and Durban to be a landrace. I don’t usually have the expectation that Durban Poison will be a pure sativa. In my experience, you can’t buy anything labelled Durban Poison and find true sativa genetics. So if you’re looking for that sativa experience, Cannabiogen has what you’re looking for.

I also have some Durban that I’ve started working on as a hybrid between Cannabiogen, and a landrace Durban x old school Dutch Durban that I got from a collector on strainly. I like the Cannabiogen Durban a lot, and I like having a good purely sativa Durban around. But most of the time, for me, I want a little more bud density (think airy but not wispy) and a little shorter flowering time (maybe closer to 10/11 than 12/13). So far it seems like the triple Durban hybrid is looking good for that.

11 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to explain Lefty :slight_smile:

Sounds good…

I’ll try to run the Durban from Cannabiogen when life settles down a bit…Lot of things on the go these days.

Cheers

3 Likes

Side note: My Triple Durban and Mini-Haze seedlings are looking good in some extreme heat. 113* today and they are just fine. The monsoon can’t get here fast enough.

2 Likes

God, sure has been a hot one this July. We’ve been upper 90s/low 100s all month here, which is pretty hot for us. Tough season to keep up with the outdoor.

5 Likes

I’ve got things shaded and protected from the dust storms that can really wreck a plant in August/September, it’s just so damn hot and dry. I sprinkle it down 2-3 times a day.

8 Likes

The first time I grew indoors was a purple Kush X Durban Poison cross. It was so good didn’t really stretch alot but was pure sativa in it’s effects. It’s been 20 yrs since then and I still hold that as some of the best herb I have ever grown.

7 Likes

Major cleanup of the propagation tent today. I know what you’re all thinking… oh there’s Lefty showing off his collection of black dildos again… not so fellas! These are deepots. I’m gonna make the switch to ebb and flow for a while, and I’m going to use these tree pots in flood and drain to get them started.

I was reading through some old posts from Ben at centennial seeds and came across his setup. Once i get the reservoir and pumps hooked up I’ll try some practice starts.

15 Likes

I can’t wait to take the first puff of the Triple Durban, I dusted the bottoms For some F2 to work when things slow down and have clones of female going for headstash

19 Likes

The anticipation is killing me! The spacing of the buds along the stem is really looking good too.

8 Likes

Calyx to Leaf Ratio looks great…as does the inter-nodal spacing

You’re doing Lefty proud for sure!:+1:

4 Likes

Triple Durban oh hell yeah my all-time favorite and they are looking good nice node spacing.

3 Likes

AVAST YE SCURVY BILGE RATS!

Lefty is back to the Medi for more hashplant grog. Picking up where we last left, I am starting off with Black Lebanon, Black & Blue Lebanese and Syrian. On the docket we have a few crosses yet to make in search of the booty. I’ve fired up my last 2 Black Lebanons, which have been vegging a few weeks. I’ll take clones off of them as I gather pollen from the Black & Blue Lebs to cross back to the Black Lebs (Black Lebanon IX) and some Syrians.

The Syrian x Black & Blue Leb will get chucked into my pile of Leb mix, and the hunt begins! My goal here is to release the hybrid vigor and open selection on several of these now-hybridized lines back up for variation and selection (including Black Lebanon, Blue Hemp Lebanese, RSC Lebanese, RSC Syrian and Leb27). For generations, we will open pollenate and gently steer these genetics toward a goal. It’s a long journey of hybridization among similar lines, pollination of multiple plants and selection.

What I have in mind is something a bit different, if even a bit counter culture. Mild/Medium potency, uplifting non-drowsy effect, branchy phenos, short plants, narrow leaves, fairly neutral piney, hashy or even slightly gassy flavors and very short flowering. I may also add Moroccan and possibly Crimean to the mix if I haven’t yet found what I need.

The goal is to build a irie hashplant that can be hybridized with vintage/pure sativas to reduce flowering, while minimally altering the effects and flavors, matching many of the properties to the vintage sativa. I am setting sights slightly increasing the bud density and resin, while significantly decreasing flowering times. Too long have we dragged sativas into the night. Now let’s make some indoor plants for the day!

Land ho me hearties! The indicas will walk the plank to Davy Jones’ locker.

Black Lebanon

BB Leb (left) Syrian (right)

20 Likes

Here’s my black lebanon moms. I’m about to top them, probably tomorrow when they pick up again from the feed and foliar. I like the branchiness of the one in front.

The one in back is getting a little deficient. Cold temps in the tent are probably causing it. I might have to see if I can increase the nutrient concentration to compensate.

16 Likes

Hey bro, I bet it’s cold up there. Been chilly here for a couple of days with tomorrow being the coldest this year, I believe.

I don’t get me email notifications anymore. I got it solved once but it’s back to the same thing. So I lost track of the older threads. I’ll try and keep up now, heh.

I have some seeds on a 3 Way, and I think some the other plants were pollinated by the 4P Haze, 3Way, or Neville’s haze.

I have to get going on your seeds. I sort of slowed things down a bit. I’ll get my stash out and maybe get with you on making some choices. I got males on my PPP, too. I’m way behind. I want to get the haze going again soon. I have 4 MWCB and one Sour Bible going now. I didn’t realize the Maui was fem, lol. I only planned on one or two.

Stay warm.

7 Likes

Maui should be Reg. I have a few PPP and Sour Bubble running also. Gonna make up some Gorilla Bubble with my GG4…
:metal::sunglasses:

5 Likes