Please post your carbon filter location

This thread should be part of the wiki. It is a one-stop shop for those who want to know all their fan/filter options.

Great job, everyone!

5 Likes

My filter is in my tent, my fan is outside my tent. I figure this setup saves me a few inches, but not many.

I absolutely positively needed to get a 6’ tent for good headroom. It was a pain to find, but worth it.

3 Likes

Obv fer best results u want yer filter in the room where yer stank originates.

But if yer havin low temps issues n yer room err tent aint full u can stand it up on the floor n have it suck out the bottom of yer space. Draws heat from lights down to yer rootzone lvl. Works real good in winter. Also keeps sum airborn insects down low outta yer buds. FG n whatnot.

2 Likes

I have my filter in the tent and the fan outside, gives me more room and less heat in the tent for the fan to exhaust.

3 Likes

Great ideas everyone. Having a tent setup in a little intimidating when filters are so big. But I guess it’s worth losing the height, so it doesn’t stink up the place.

1 Like

I run mine outside of the tent. Push through it instead of pull through it. Works good for me.

4 Likes

Yeah, with the small size of your tent, putting it outside and pushing through the filter is probably better.

2 Likes

This is only place that I could put the tent. I’m going to have no choice but to lose some height and put it in the tent. I wish I could put it outside. But I just can’t find the space. So I’m wondering best way to run this. When I get home. I’m going to have to bungee it to the top and just learn how to lst more

1 Like

Strap that bitch to the wall above the tent.

1 Like

Yeah. Thought of that. You wanna come over and convince an 8 month pregnant chick that it will look pretty. It didn’t go over well when I tried yesterday.

Her
“Bad enough the tents are ugly black”

Me
“I’m sorry that Marta Stewart does not have a line of pretty looking tents yet.”

Her
“ Take your pillow to the couch and leave the dog”

The struggle is real.

8 Likes

Oh yes! Shit like this reminds me how much i enjoy being a bachelor. Lol.

2 Likes

I envy you right now!

2 Likes

Put it in the tent, you will still have enough height. Bungie cords are nice for damping the vibrations. You know what they say, happy wife, happy life.

2 Likes

You know it! Wifey don’t mind the tents. She just don’t want the bathroom to look like a “factory” like she said lol :joy: LST all the way.

1 Like

For obvious reasons I had to mount it outside of the fridge lol.

4 Likes

Lol I love that fridge Good idea on your mount though.

3 Likes

I’m honestly surprised that it has been working so well for me… especially with 2 brown thumbs. Since I’ve suspended the fan/filter from the ceiling the noise has gone to nearly 0!

1 Like

Suspended with bungies as well.

Scrog is a good way to take taller plants and grow them in smaller places. Check out Hush’s Hidey Hole. He has a 2x2 tent and grows Sativas using a screen.

2 Likes

Ask your wife to choose some nice floral pattern sheets to cover the tent because you think she is right that the tent looks ugly… Cover the space from top to bottom for her in her choice of material then hang the fan outside the tent viola!

9 Likes