Please post your carbon filter location

I’m having trouble. I bought the smallest inline fan and carbon filter. I have a 2x2x55 tent.

I need ideas on how and where to put these two big units.

Thanks in advance.

I have 4inch This baby is huge and don’t want it to get in the way. Thanks!

5 Likes

On the supports in your tent up near the top. Suck through the filter and to outside your tent. Sucks warm air from away from your lights and most tents passive intake screens are at the bottom. This allows air to run over the plants and out.

Bungee cord works great as a vibration isolator

7 Likes

Since it’s a small tent. Will then lowest setting on the intake be ok to use? ?

1 Like

They work best mounted inside the tent with the inline fan pulling all air through the filter and then out an exit vent. Yes, they take up a significant amount of room at the top of the tent but they do work best in this orientation. Believe me, I am working with six inch versions and they consume considerable space in the top of my tent but I just live with it - grow shorter plants…

6 Likes

Better at the top than sitting on valuable floor space

3 Likes

Yup up top is where it’s at ! Way better than the floor.

125 lb monster

6 Likes

For sure. I never would have suggested that. The other obvious choice (to maximize tent space) is to have the inline fan suspended beside an exit sock/hole, connected to flexible ducting that is routed outside the tent and connected to the filter. This “blow through” scenario is not as efficient for air flow or smell elimination, but it gets the filter out of the tent.

2 Likes

Who would do that? Do people actually do that?

2 Likes

<—— me. LoL

20 char lol

6 Likes

You’ll lose too much head room if you mount it in the tent.

Mount outside the tent I’ll post a picture in a second

7 Likes

I want to go with the one in green the first one. I rather grow shorter and at least don’t stink up the house.

Edit - waiting for @50State to school me :grinning:

2 Likes

That’s the one I use. If I was into growing giant sativas I might try one of the external filter methods but I would do my best to make sure all connections are completely sealed.

1 Like

I’m using hose clamps and also duct tape around everything - just to be safe.

I have the fans for my cabs up in my ceiling space and suck through ducting from the tent then through the carbon filter.

4 Likes

I wish that was an option.

1 Like

This is my one 5x5 tent setup I taped around the electrical box because it leaks air big time and no smell problems and I don’t sacrifice head room.

Edit: The crap tape job to the tube is because I took it off yesterday to clean the tent finished up. But that WILL BE taped up before the next run.

6 Likes

Lots of ways to skin this cat. Just realize that there is a reason why one method (the green one) is “preferred”. It works best for both airflow and odor elimination.

1 Like

Where is it’s location and do you run the hose on the bottom or on the top? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

The draws all the air from the top of the tent with the lower flaps open for air flow

2 Likes