Pollen Chucking with VAhomegrown

don’t even compost it!

7 Likes

I’m so sorry folks! For being the bearer of this news. But I had to say something.
It cost us a LOT of money to find out ‘the hard way’, figured save y’all some time n money.

7 Likes

No apology necessary! Goes to show you can’t trust everything that has an OMRI label. Gonna switch up to the “JohnnyPotseed” label now lol.

6 Likes

Nope, don’t compost it even. Nor the plants!

6 Likes

I’m not trying to get you to buy anything cuz. just trying to help you know what NOT to do/use! lol Buy and use what ya want, a lot of things work, to a point.
I do know that since I was turned onto the MTA spray, that’s all we use now, and it does work! Cheaper and better, lol
There is a serious infestation of Spider Mites in Oklahoma, as in a lot of places. lol We’ve had an ongoing battle with em for years. The MTA ‘one-n-done’ spray works better than anything we’ve tried to date, and believe me when I say, we’ve tried a LOT of diff stuff!
Predator Mites
Army Beetles (Lady Bugs)
Lacewings
bombs
sprays
dips
combos of different things in list
etc etc lol

8 Likes

Does that work well as a soil drench too? Or is there anything I can do/add to the soil to prevent any potential bugs in the soil from taking over? Hydrogen peroxide drench?

8 Likes

It works as a spray, on soil, as well as using it on everything in the grow. Pots, floor, soil, plants, walls ceiling, etc lol
Never tried it as a soil drench, but to spray the soil with, yes.
oh, and also use on the compost pile, to help keep any more from coming in!

edit… @VAhomegrown I don’t see any reason you couldn’t use it as a soil drench also

7 Likes

I think the Azamax ban was lifted in Oregon, maybe Cali too. Found this question on Amazon

Says it’s relisted. Looking up Cali now

2 Likes

I’d question the ‘source’ of that ‘info’
I see what you’re saying though. I went to the site you listed. No idea if Azamax has changed the ingredients

2 Likes

The link below the question is the Oregon gov website, but I’m def interested to know what happened there, and how they got a positive for those when testing

3 Likes

that list has azamax twice? one from General Hydroponics and one from Parry America Inc and it looks like only the Parry one got pulled originally?

4 Likes

I saw that too and it made me wonder… Might be a licensing thing or something? Because they seem to be the exact same thing

5 Likes

I see that. One says yes the other says no
most on the list that have AZADIRACHTIN say yes
there is also a point that says see note at bottom of list
Guide List for Pesticides and Cannabis
GREENHOUSE FOLIAR
APPLICATIONS ARE FOR
NON-FOOD CROPS ONLY!
Alert regarding the use of pyrethrins and/or piperonyl butoxide
Recent lab results show high levels of the active ingredients pyrethrins and/or piperonyl butoxide in some cannabis samples. Pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide are on ODA’s Guide List for Pesticides and Cannabis.
ODA is investigating why some samples indicate levels of one or both of these pesticides, which far exceed the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) Action Levels, and yet others do not. To retain the listing of these two
pesticides on the Guidelist, ODA, OHA, and Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) need to learn more about what influences pesticide residue levels on cannabis. If you used pyrethrins and/or piperonyl butoxide,
and your cannabis tested below OHA’s Action level, please contact ODA at (503) 986-4553
Sorry lol copy/paste tossed a lot in there!

6 Likes

Looks like Parry America Inc is who owns the trademark for Azamax. Guessing GH must lease it or something, Parry is on the label of the box and bottle
https://www.1000bulbs.com/pdf/gh-gh2045-label.pdf
I confirmed on my own packaging too.

3 Likes

lol and NO ONE has ever ‘paid off’ to get anything labeled how they want…
It makes no diff to me. once burnt, twice cautious… I wouldn’t use it on anything!

remember paraquat?
There are lawsuits going on right now over the use of paraquat, causes tremors, death etc

6 Likes

Yea I’m def curious as to how they got a positive on those 2 things, and then what happened to reverse the decision. Might have to call the ODA and ask them over the phone tomorrow.

4 Likes

Yea mine is GH by Parry as well. Maybe they only distribute through GH. I can’t say I’ve seen a Parry-specific label. All the ones I’ve seen say GH on them

3 Likes

lol @nube … dude, spit it out already! I’m curious to see what you have to say. I see you keep typing, but then you don’t post…
you’re an older member, respected here. I doubt anything you say will be ‘bad’
So please, let us hear your thoughts on this?

5 Likes

Sorry about your spider mites, but it’s unlikely they’ll create a huge problem if you’re close to harvest. Healthy plants can usually repel infestations.

Rosemary, thyme, neem and peppermint essential oils effectively kick most pests to the curb. Mix with mild soap, and optional organic alcohol and apple cider vinegar and you get a solution that won’t fail tests but will keep your plants clean. However, I would not spray past day 14 from flip in most cases. If you have thrips, adding spinosad in two consecutive weekly sprays will eradicate them. Also, a healthy population of soil mites will prevent most of these canopy bugs from flourishing, too.

Hope you get it figured out.

:green_heart:

I dunno man. My experience couldn’t be more different from yours in F1 and F2, but maybe it’s just the moms in the crosses I’ve tried have been so different. To me, the dominant Mountain Temple effect (peacefully motivating) is a vastly different effect from Pura Vida (general happiness/chill), which is way different than Cobra Lips (variable in potency and effect, from clear headed to disorienting to pain relieving), which couldn’t be farther from Good Medicine (variable from no buzz but relaxed to very motivating sativa), which is nothing like Lucky Charms (social lubricant, pain reliever), which again is unlike Silver Mountain (tweaky), which is nothing like the Sunshine Daydream (mildly up then down). :man_shrugging: Within each of these crosses there is a lot of variety, but I don’t get what I’ve come to think of as Chem effects, smells or flavors from many of them.

Could be that my experience is different from yours because of my endocannabinoid system?

The only things I’ve noticed that’s similar from the Appy male are the lemon lime sprite terps that come out in the crosses with more narrow leaf moms, creamy flavors when paired specifically with OGs, and every once in awhile you get a variegated + finicky plant.

:sun_with_face: :rainbow:
:peace_symbol:

13 Likes

Finally, I think you have valid points all the way there, cuz. The only thing is, the MTA can be used all the way through flower, although I don’t use it when 2weeks out from harvest.
with the exception of Spinosad, that will cause a fail test

Ok folks, I gotta go take care of a few things. I’ll cyas later

3 Likes