Pollen Chucking with VAhomegrown

Welcome to my first pollen chuck! A few months ago I harvested my first male plant, Blue Sunshine from Bodhi Seeds (Blue Dream x Sunshine Daydream). A few of you got some for your own creations. Heres some pics of the male. Had a good amount of stretch, spiral staircase structure, and a very pleasing floral-berry smell

Day of flip

Flowering shots

And here’s what just got pollinated:
Top row L-R - Ghost Train Haze, Green Crack x ON Haze, Burnout Chem

Bottom row L-R - Lavender Jack, Funeral Cake, and Orange Verde

Selected these clones because I was already flowering these strains out and had them around. No real selection other than that, but I have smoked most of them so far. In short, the Ghost Train Haze is pretty potent. Very cerebral and in the head. Green Crack Haze is the same, but different lol. Lavender Jack is heady but has more body effects than the first 2. Funeral Cake just smacks you in the face lol. Decent taste and good potency. Smelled like grape bubble gum in flower. Haven’t smoked The Burnout Chem or the Orange Verde yet. The ones I’m the most excited for are the GTH, GCH, Burnout Chem, and Funeral Cake.

So the clones are in week 3 of flower, just put them in their new 3g pots filled with Roots Organics Lush water only soil, defoliated, and pollinated! Now we wait!

79 Likes

Congrats on the chuck! I’ll pull up my beanbag to watch this for sure. GTH is something I’ve been keeping my eye on

4 Likes

Thanks! GTH is a stretcher. The mother it came from stretched about 3x. Hoping the Blue Sunshine takes that down a little, and adds more body effect. Here’s a pic of the bud I’ve been sampling. Still needs to dry for a bit. Smells like lemon Pledge.

30 Likes

Best of luck with your project. Lavender Jack was a beautiful plant! (I should run it again and f2 it, really).

4 Likes

For real. @VAhomegrown pics shot my pack up towards the top of my list for running next time I pop some. That lavender Jack is beautiful

7 Likes

Beautiful plant. Great smoke. Looking forward to trying the Purple Punch and Lemon Thai Wookie crosses someday. I think they’ll be great too.

44 Likes

Any more room in that far right corner? Yea…ok, THANKS, gonna go ahead and pull up a seat!! You’re doing GREAT, Bro, keep it up. Always beneficial lessons in your Grows. Continued success, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

That’s a nice sounding plan, I bet the GTH and the GC X ONH crosses are gonna be stellar!

I’ll be following along!

3 Likes

May I sit next to you? I have my epi-pen with me.

:green_heart::seedling:

8 Likes

And “you KNOW that”, no better Guest in my Book!!! If I nod off, I don’t snore. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Got seeds forming! Will wash the plants off tonight so when I harvest I hopefully won’t have too many immature seeds

31 Likes

Congrats! First time always leads to excitement. Hope they turn out amazing!!

5 Likes

Have a plan for your drying process bubba I’ve lost alot of beans to mold in capsules from under-drying.

5 Likes

Appreciate the info! How long did you dry the plants after they were cut before you harvested your seeds that molded?

5 Likes

Looking about ready to chop! This is one of the Lavender Jack x Blue Sunshine beans from a lower branch. Pulled a few from the others and they all look pretty good

42 Likes

Very Well Done @VAhomegrown :+1: :+1:

Did you collect and store any of that pollen?

-Grouchy

5 Likes

Yea I have a few vials left that I’m saving for Blue Sunshine F2’s and maybe a couple other crosses

15 Likes

Pulled a lower branch on the Orange Verde to check seed maturity. Looking pretty good so far!

32 Likes

@HorseBadorites All the SSDD cuts I got from you rooted! Just transplanted the last of them last night. I gave 2 away to a buddy because I’m tight on space and still need the cloner in there for a couple more Orange Verde cuts I’m going to take soon. Can’t wait to have more of that to smoke! Thinking about popping some of these Funeral Cake x Blue Sunshines and finding a male to hit to one of them. Would love to get the potency of the FC and medicinal side with your SSDD cut and the Blue Sunshine in the genes

15 Likes

I dropped 3 Blue Sunshine x R.I.L Sowahh seeds to try out the beans we made Il keep you informed

9 Likes