pure Indian hybrid Goa devi small diary

I don’t know but the man that gave me the Goa devi told me the Kerala was first quality high and one of the finest strain he had the opportunity to grow.

He grew it twice indoor and outdoor and made an hybrid of it with old Mazar i shariff line, told me it would be better than the Goa devi but I don’t believe it lol

6 Likes

Very nice guy. I got their Chellakutti. Now I need to step up and grow it. I’m so inundated with landraces I want to grow!

I’m gonna back of purchases and run:
Lebanese (current)
Black Afghan x Black Lebanese
Lesotho
Iran

probably in that order…

8 Likes

L[quote=“lefthandseeds, post:22, topic:29239, full:true”]

[/quote]

Very nice guy. I got their Chellakutti. Now I need to step up and grow it. I’m so inundated with landraces I want to grow!

I’m gonna back of purchases and run:
Lebanese (current)
Black Afghan x Black Lebanese
Lesotho
Iran

probably in that order…
[/quote]
Nice lineup. Hard to choose isn’t it?
Let me know when you start those(chellakutti. )I may join you…I’m growing the Lolab Valley Kashmir, Malana, and Beldia outdoors this summer. Indoor lineup is hard to pick. I picked up more landraces than i can grow anytime soon and I want to try them all. I feel like I’m in some sort of race against extinction and if i don’t grow and smoke them i will never have the pleasure of trying them. Hopefully I’m being pessimistic, but in some cases I think not.

Kerala(rsc) is supposed to be wonderful. The only reason I didn’t pick it up is that i feel it will still be available in 5 years. That hybrid sounds great. Two killer landraces there. Should be BIG.

7 Likes

Here is at 1 week flowering.

Surprise: 3 preflora female sure and two really likely male.

Let’s see the future :sunglasses:

11 Likes

So this is two weeks of flowering

This will be a surprising grow :slight_smile:

first I had a few that almost not stretched, one being almost covered by the others and will most probably stay dwarf.

then, after 14 days, all but the dwarf have sexed ! 5 females to 5 males

So I suppose it is because of the low night temperatures they experienced last week.

Here are some females:

And here is a stretchy male:

I’m already happy to have a chance to make some fresh seeds :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Interesting the shortest one hasn’t sexed yet. It seems the last to show are always females though in my experience. It must have gotten its short height from the Nanda Devi side wouldn’t you think?

3 Likes

I thought like you at first stance but the friend told me this also could be a stress for the south indian genes due to low temps.

And indeed, yesterday night, I saw that the stretchy male was producing female flowers now , I had to cut it.

I’m afraid another one was starting to show early pistils too, I’ll check him tonight.

Crossing fingers for the three remaining… :frowning:

4 Likes

No doubt. Fingers crossed. Very unique cross you made yourself there. Can’t wait to see what they look like when they flower.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll flower them until the end, whatever the situation with the males.

I want to have a first look at my own cross between Double Gum and Goa devi and the only one I have in this grow is a female, it’s a bit limited to justify a full long flowering but , hey ! that will still produce good buds to smoke too :slight_smile:

I checked the males yesterday and it seems that all were starting to reverse to females… :frowning: I pruned them and I’ll see if they keep pure males with new flowers or if they start new female flowers again

I checked also the seedbox and I still have 11 seeds of the goa devi for a next reproduction try so let’s learn and enhance the skills in this grow . Better to flower them during the summer, it seems already.

7 Likes

cool feeling in the growroom :sunglasses:

I have one male that stopped producing new female flower sites once the firsts were removed. He produces weak male flowers, some of which do not open really well enough to release the pollen but are full of powder inside. Let’s see if it’s enough mature to make the fertilisation.

Checked my numbers during the last two years with the Goa devi: 2 males for 18 females. I may be in the case of the “so wild strains that you can not obtain full stable males with them indoor and you end up with only females and hermies” . :upside_down_face:

I had some doubts but after all, you still can do something of such seeds so I kept my interest in the pollination . At least, if I have some, they will produce an interesting sex ratio :slight_smile:

By the way, I reproduced the Nanda Devi indoor successfully so I would suppose that it comes from the Goa. Afterall, the buddy obtained outdoor 2 females and one hermie of three seeds.

So now they have done 3 weeks of flowering

I won’t put all pics but only those representative

This one is the hardiest pheno. It can only be managed if the flowering time is under 12 weeks, else it doesn’t really bud.

This one is the medium pheno. You can expect some buds but they surely will be long and speared. In past grows, I have seen such pheno with a surprising amount of resin on the flowers only.

This one is the short pheno. Usually good resin and nice bud structure but not necessarily the most productive compared with the medium and its many bud sites

And here is the hybrid Double Gum x Goa devi. I was expecting something closer to the Double Gum but the mother was the Goa devi. I see some potential in her to have a bud with resin on the inner leaves as well.

11 Likes

Great content and presentation.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thank you @Gpaw . Still struggling a bit because of this hermie issue but I’ll overgrow it :slight_smile:

To comfort myself, I rave on the next strains I could grow after.

2 Likes

Looking good! Is your nanda devi side the mango version? Or the floral version available now at rsc?

1 Like

That’s something that is big with me too.
I very much like looking at my bean stash (small and 'pedestrian as it is) and planning ‘the next grow’. It is a nice ‘boost’ to my outlook actually planning a future event.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

@Upstate the nanda devi was the one that was sold just after the Pahari, which had already good qualities but to be honest, the nanda devi was more stable and better. Mango / spice smell, a hint of carrot sometimes, some variance in the potency however.

@Gpaw Right now I’m raving around Strawberry cough F4 and Sensi Hindu Kush F2. Some temptation to grow RSC Nepalese Rolpa F2 but not sure I’ll go to pure landrace right after this hermie situation :slight_smile:

In return for seeds of Hazeman Strawberry cough I made, I was gifted with a cross between it and RSC Malana cream, it may have some potential too.

I have also a cross Kali haze x California orange that I made last year, I wonder what it would produce haha :smiley:

8 Likes

a cross Kali haze x California orange that I

@green_raver that cross sounds amazing it should produce some interesting bud

1 Like

@green_raver… sounds like the old offering. Earlier flowering i think. New version is floral. Does the mango smell transfer over to the flavor as well?

1 Like

Yes it could have some potential: lime green smell with up and long high coming from the Kali and massive production , orange smell and good potency coming from the Cali-O . A true Californian - Dutch hybrid :slight_smile:

I’m not sure it would reach uniqueness in the high but that would surely produce some strong stuff ! :smiley:

Well I’m not very sensitive to taste in the smoke. Except from strains such as the Cali-O where orange smell and big resin production gives a recognizable thick smoke with incense part that makes you cough.

From what I remember from pure Nanda smoke, the taste was a fine sativa like, so thin-light smoke . You still have this fat smell that remains in the room after you smoked but you never feel harsh on the lungs or throat.

3 Likes

Sounds like nice smoke. Do you recall the flowering time by chance(nanda)? Should have been quick…? I have only tried a handful of the famous west coast varieties. Cali-o wasn’t one of them. Sounds delicious though! O stands for orange, yes?nevermind. I re read up above.

1 Like