pure Indian hybrid Goa devi small diary

@Upstate I remember having some buds that were harvested at 8 weeks, but I also experienced differential harvest on the same individual: you start to pick buds at 8 weeks while new ones are growing up until 12 weeks. I remember there was a special boost in the resin when waiting until 10 weeks but the 8 weeks buds were already interesting to smoke.

3 Likes

Here is a small update at 29 days of flowering

I think some seeds will do their way .

Goa devi long pheno:

Goa devi short pheno:

Hybrid double gum x goa devi:

I think there will be some good resin on this bubble gum hybrid

Strong tropical fruit sweet smell :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Looking really good! All have thin leaves. Should be some get up and go weed there for sure. 10 weeks for primo nanda buds isn’t bad at all. Kicking myself for not scooping them up a year ago. How was germination? Any tips? I have himalayan seeds to sprout shortly…

4 Likes

I remember I had better germ rate in natural spring conditions, e.g. directly in earth with a strong night/day variation of temperature. Even with that, there was a delay in the germ rate, with seeds sprouting from 48 hours up to 3 weeks… I had 0% germ rate with the paper towel on a slight heated support…Even with second generation seeds.

Not sure all Himalayan strains behave like this however

5 Likes

When I like a strain, one of the things I like the most is to smoke it while gardening it :sunglasses:

So now I’m at 39 days of flowering and some things of interest are showing

I think I’ll cut this grow at 70-77 days so this one won’t be ready, almost sure

This one may be mature

And this one will be ready, I’d bet. It’s the nanda phenotype, short internodes, the bud leaves are quickly one bladed and wider. More resin and stockier buds. Smells mango / hash when you rub the inner leaves.

And this last one is the Double Gum x Goa devi. She gives me some hopes now: good potential resin amount, stockier buds but still very sativa. Same one bladed inner leaves than the nanda pheno. Strong mango / tropical fruit smell with a nice spice hashy hint.

A zoom on the resin of the inner leaves, but also on the fan leaves:

That won’t be the grow of my life but I’m happy :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Now I understand why you have all those Strawberry Cough seeds untouched after all that time :sweat_smile:. Had a mental voyage over exotic places while reading your thread. Hope you will breed those crosses and trade those seeds, I am not so illusioned in my next grow after watching all those pics and descriptions, your neighbour’s grass is always greener, thanks for sharing … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hi @George :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes I try to stay focus on several lines but it is really hard ! I used to have huge collection of things and tried many myself since 1999. But in the end, I gave it all to friends around me and started from scratch again, from the roots. I started with Strawberry cough, Nepalese Rolpa and Goa devi that were gifted to me as a reward for my help and I bought Green Haze because I knew the work of Cannabiogen and ACE.

Last year, I wanted to try old school dutch lines, a flashback to the 90’s , were they still around ? California orange, Kali haze, Double Gum and Hindu Kush.

So now I have a small list of things to play with:

• Kali haze F1 & F2
  • Kali haze x California Orange
  • Hindu Kush F2
  • Hindu Kush x Goa devi
  • Double Gum F2
  • Double Gum x Goa devi
  • Strawberry cough F4
  • Strawberry cough F4 x RSC Malana cream
  • Nepalese Rolpa F2
  • Oldtimer Green Haze F2
  • Goa devi F2

And it’s already too much for a life :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Some great looking strains there em198|nullxnull , are you open to trade with them if having big numbers? Very interesting lines that not many people have here, you should reincarnate several times to breed them all … frech|nullxnull

4 Likes

I’m a really small grower, I grow most likely 9 , sometimes 12 when I’m not sure of the variability, always regular seeds. So I’m happy when I end with 150-250 of nice seeds. That’s enough to keep the line 3 years without having to store them in silicate in the fridge, too much already for my laziness. :laughing:

I’d be a fool to try to breed something with that numbers. Who would not recognize the power of a selection on 10,000 like they did in the past ? And even a cross between two of an hundred, with two good parental lines as breeding stock… That is a dependable line. :star_struck:

But when the line are already bred nice (not like something crossed with an “high recessive but flowering time dominant” ruderalis to shorten flowering time at low cost) and you have a mix of heavily selected Hindu Kush , Jamaican and Haze, you may have good surprises in the progeny :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Some news at 47 days of flowering. Almost 7 weeks and far from being ready haha

Here is the slowest one

The Nanda look-a-like is turning strange … maybe over-pollinated or too much N ?

This one is closer to what I’m searching for:

And here is the Double Gum x Goa devi

Still a strong fresh fruity hash smell. She is easier to grow than the goa devi and will produce more resin and more buds. But to be on par for the high, that’s another story

7 Likes

Really astonishing! icon_e_surprised|nullxnull , have you done any trimming or that is their natural structure? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Dang im a sicker for a good sativa lookin good so far

2 Likes

@George I do no trimming / no pruning . I usually let them veg until 7th -9th set of leaves, depending on the strain. Then I bend them if they stretch too much and I remove the suckers after 4-5 weeks, once I’m sure they won’t ever make a real bud. And I remove the yellowed fan leaves when I see they are not producing any chlorophyll (yellow-white and wilted).

From 20 years to 15 years ago , I used to prune at the 5th set of leaves and then veg again for 3 weeks until the secondary stems would be at 3 or 4 set of leaves. And then going into flowering. Most of the time, it produced more manageable individuals with 3-4 long stems producing almost terminal buds but some tropical lines did not appreciate it and would not flower so it was a bet.

2 Likes

Thanks for the extended explanation, I have only grown one sativa and was a male :sweat:. I’m planning to grow more now, my tent is 2 m high and I have some doubts if topping them or not and when to flip them to flower so they don’t stretch too much. You’ve been pretty helpful on this.

I will follow your tips, those nice looking beauties tell me you’re on the right road to success … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

So now at 8 weeks of flowering there are two worlds in the same closet: the goa devis and the goa devi x double gum :slight_smile:

The goa devis

I don’t know why I keep this one hehe maybe I just don’t care :sun_with_face:

This is the Nanda pheno overpollinated. Nice resin and closest to harvest

These are the two equilibrium phenos:
one greener

and another darker

Not sure if it was the hermie event or if it’s because I ran it during my last four runs, but I’m not sure I’ll keep the line, even if the high is really a keeper. I have to make a step aside and think at it.

And now it is the goa devi x double gum
This is the plant of the devil hehe

I feel there is a twist in these flowers

Some secondary bud

For now it’s a keeper but let’s see the end and the high :sunglasses:

4 Likes

There is esoteric magic shit going on in that cross…
I really like it and I can’t say exactly why… something about the growth…

Cheers
G

1 Like

@Gpaw : yeah there is something in the flower pattern. It’s like the charas pattern beefed up with the double gum resin production and density. Strong fresh fruity resin smell, if there is some goa high inside, that should provide some fun :smiley:

I’m stabilizing my seed list. I think I’ll focus on Strawberry cough, Hindu Kush, Kali haze and Double Gum x Goa Devi. Maybe Green Haze as well but she is so long to flower that when I do it, I can only manage two grows per year … So it’s hard to keep her

Anyway, I’m thinking more and more on reproducing some Strawberry cough in the next grow , aside with some HK and Kali haze as I’m running out of them in the stash box. :innocent:

1 Like

Here is an update at 66 days.

I had a fly attack in the room :blush:

I decided to try to go to 84 days of flowering, it will be hard to wait but I think it may be worst the pain as the Goa devi uses to have a rush of resin during the 10 -12 weeks window and it seems to have started during the last week…

Some pics of Goa Devi

And here is the Double Gum x Goa Devi

the Goa devis smell all mango / sweet, only intensity varies.

the Double Gum x Goa devi smells like a hint of tropical fruit, inside an overall sweet with a tingly twist, it gets stronger and stronger as the days pass.

7 Likes

this just keeps getting better and better. :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

How was this one? How many weeks?15?

1 Like