pure Indian hybrid Goa devi small diary

Hi OGers,

Here is a small diary to share some pics and stories about an hybrid that I was gifted. I was told it was created with two Indian lines: Real Seed Company Nanda Devi and a bag seed line coming from Goa

So, I called it Goa devi :slight_smile:

I have few informations about the cross especially about the Goa line. However I was told there were few seeds and only females and hermies were obtained so it is a cross between a Nanda devi male and one of those female.

As I was gifted a pin joint of the Goa and as I grew myself seeds of Nanda devi, I found this hybrid interesting and decided to grow it.

The seeds Iā€™m working now are from a reproduction I made a couple of years ago, from F1 seeds I received that were labelled ā€œGoa phenoā€ . Not all individuals were able to flower indoor, but some did and I liked so much the high that I allways had one or more individuals in the growroom since then.

Right now, my aim is to produce plenty of fresh seedsā€¦and also some good smoke if possible :slight_smile:

I just put them into flowering cycle today. Here is a pic from today, at 34 days of vegetative (the violet squared one labelled R being a F1 seed test of a cross Goa devi and Double Gum)

34 Likes

Wow, what an interesting set of parents! Subbing this for sure.

6 Likes

Pulling up an early seat for the show

2 Likes

This got my interest up Iā€™ll tag along

2 Likes

Hell to the yes im watching this one.

3 Likes

You have my attention @green_raver, lets see what they do!

Cheers
G

4 Likes

nice bro, propagating the desi genetics

2 Likes

@KarmaFPS, @Gpaw, @Grohio, @Papalag , @TheShowMeHomie & @lefthandseeds Thank you for visiting

Here is a pic of the Goa mother

She was grown outdoor until it was too cold and then went indoor to finish under 500 W envirolite for two individuals.

It took six months & a half of flowering to mature but the ending product was worst the pain. Strong spicy and tropical fruity smell. High very powerful & goofy for the first hour and then, a very long and slowly diminishing very up and calm high during the following 2-3 hours.

Really good stuff but really hard to grow indoor and no males hence the cross with the Nanda devi.

20 Likes

oh wow thatā€™s a commitment for sure! iā€™ve never even smoked a 12 week sativa, let alone a 26 week sativa ā€¦

7 Likes

@legalcanada thank you for visiting

Yes for sure, itā€™s really long. I was able to reach 4 months only two times in 20 years of growing. Another bag seed indian sativa and Old Timer Haze.

12th weeks indoor is my limit now, I think you can start to achieve a great high quality at this stage if you select carefully.

From what I experienced, three main criteria are really difficult to obtain indoor with pure tropical landrace sativas: flowering induction, budding and flowering maturation.

The idea behind the Goa devi is to use the Nanda devi part to allow the Goa part to express indoor.

The Nanda devi was chosen because it is one of the most irie charas strain I sampled. I supposed the terpenes of its mango / hash smell would also match good.

One characteristic that I would like to discard from the cross is the structure of the buds of the Nanda, adapted to hand rolling but not to bud production.

What Iā€™m searching and selecting for are individuals that smell mango / spicy, flowers under 12 weeks, with the most bud density. The Goa touch in the high will be on the most goofy effect while the Nanda high is a bit more clean but less strong.

I think the hermies have been ridden from the line during the F1 selection as I never found some in about 25 individuals from F2 and F3.

Right now in this grow, this is an F3 from a very special female. I already see that multiple phenos are in the progeny so the quest will be funny :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Goofy bud. Sounds like good social smoke for laughs. Goa was a portugese colony for 400 years. It could be an ancestor of landraces from different Portuguese colonies such as Brazil. That Goa is one long flowering strain! Iā€™m hoping to try one that long someday. Need to work my way up to a half a year LOL. The cross with Nanda Devi sounds like a winner. How many weeks do they generally flower in this f4?

4 Likes

OK! Now that magic of yours has me totally ā€˜locked inā€™ for the duration!
This is going to be great!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I cant say i have smoked anything longer than 12 weeks myself. Nice long even buzz the longer they want to go.@ green_raver, great resin on that gal. Would you say it has extreme energy? Hard to sit still? Canā€™t wait to see the results of your grow!

2 Likes

Yes goofy buzz in the first hour: you look silly and ridiculous because the increase is so intense and you feel so high that you laughs alone hehehe

I expect to have some individuals in the hybrid that are still over 12 weeks in the current grow. For example, the individual in the upper left looks very tropical sativa so I suspect him.

3 Likes

Sounds fun! America could use a case of the giggles right now. I recently acquired Kerala chellakutti. Up to 26 weeks flowering. Iā€™m wondering if there is a relation to that Goa variety. Not many plants will go 25 weeks outside of Thailand!

4 Likes

Sounds like some really cool variety tucked into them genetics. And wow are those plants beautiful. Great job. Looking forward to the next couple months.

4 Likes

Sounds fun! America could use a case of the giggles right now. I recently acquired Kerala chellakutti. Up to 26 weeks flowering. Iā€™m wondering if there is a relation to that Goa variety. Not many plants will go 25 weeks outside of Thailand!

@Upstate The man that did the cross also grew Kerala from the Real Seed Company. He found it to be different from the Goa line. Donā€™t know about the Kerala chellakutti however

Thank you @twistedinfinity :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll put some pics of my former Goa devi grows in the next days. I have only shitty pics from early flowering and dried buds but it gives some insights of the different phenotypes in the line

5 Likes

Here are some buds of my last grow of the F3.

I crossed these individuals with some White Label Double Gum males that I bought and grew last year.

Center and right buds are more on the Nanda devi side. Good resin on them and happy and very high ceiling.

The hybrid individual which is on bottom center of the picture from first post is a seed from the left bud of this picture.

Right now Iā€™m smoking some of it : irie and strong stuff, a small bit less high ceiling but the quiet part is more potent :sunny:

12 Likes

i want to visit Goa, have heard the beaches are amazing and thereā€™s lots of russian speakers there for me to practice. i also want to learn hindi

7 Likes

Iā€™m not surprised he found it different.
Apparently, Kerala technically is not what the indians call their landrace ( from Kerala state). There are multiple Kerala cultivars/ landraces. Sheelawati and chellakutti are two of them but there are at least six. Some are very rare. So Angus ( RSC) sells kerala, but which one is a guess. Chellakutti is the only one more musky in smell, with indian spices thrown in. Others can be fruity or minty. The owner of Khalifa Genetics gave me this info btw. I was surprised how little I knew about Indian landraces even after much previous research. He sells the Chellakutti.

7 Likes