Pure Michigan F2 by 3rd Coast

It caught me off guard last summer, I had clones in the veg tent and they went nuts, cut them right back to the stalk twice during veg. When it came time to put them in flower it absolutely eviscerated my yield I got thus jungle of tall thin branches with airy shitty buds. I usually pull close to 5lbs, barely got 2lbs that grow. My tactic now is to keep the clones in their little clone dome/plugs as long as possible (3-4 weeks) till they’re begging for up-potting then put them in the veg tent, might only need a 1/3 pruning that way. I need a taller veg tent I think of get rid of the flood & drain table and just have them in pots on the floor but I got nowhere for the run off to go

4 Likes

7 Likes

All moved into their forever home in the flower tent today. Will give em 2-3 weeks to veg out some more before flower. Wondering what to look for in choosing a good male for pollen

8 Likes

I did get some of the pollen and gonna breed it back to Oreoz , these look very sturdy keep up the good work

2 Likes

Thanks, they probably are a little stunted from being in a cold veg tent and fed a little hot at the start but I’m pretty lazy with the veg tent, once they got into the flower tent I become way more pedantic about feed and conditions and they flourish

2 Likes

@KETAMINE_GRENADE I’ve been collecting pollen slowly as well

10 Likes

I’ve only collected pollen once and it wasn’t viable. Granted I didn’t get much either.

1 Like

Plants bounced back really well from the transplant. No real shock to speak of. Tent is a little dry, RH about 45-50% but my fucken humidifiers broken and I’m not too fussed at this point once the plants fill out they do a pretty good job of keeping themselves humid anyway.

13 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

This one’s a little tricky. Seem to be finicky on the feed. Can’t tell if I’m over or under feeding.

I also seem to have like 3 annoying mutants which I’m not sure if I should keep or cull now, all the other.mutants I’ve found like this have been OGKB mutants that grew shit and yielded shit. No preflowers yet that I can see on anything. VPD is pretty close to dialled in and the feed is the same as everything else I’ve done. One pheno shows some deficiencies, most of the others seem fine except for #7 (last photo, back right) which looks like it’s being underwatered towards the end of the day cycle but perks up again after lights on

11 Likes

Took clones of the 7 most vigorous plants and put these into flower today. Not waiting for the runts to catch up. Still no signs of preflowers yet either. All looking nice and healthy now. Will lollipop them all in the next couple of days :slight_smile:

I won’t scrog this grow, I’ll just stake the branches, hopefully they don’t stretch too much

13 Likes

Healthy. Big leaves. Nice plants.

14 Likes

Identified and removed 2 males. Took cuttings from them to flower in a mini LED tent I have for pollen. Stem rub is incredibly incredbly strong burnt rubber/silicone smell. Nice fat hollow stems and big leaves.

2/10 males not bad although all the rest havent shown preflowers yet and I have 3 mutants to cull too so 5 plants so far are keepers

11 Likes

Healthy looking plants :seedling: for how long in veg are now?

1 Like

6 days into flower

1 Like

What’s your small led tent setup look like?

Looking super happy

It’s actually just a little product photography tent I bought off ebay for $40 with a cpl of dimmable LED strip’s in it kinda like this

I’ve used it before and it worked fine I just cut off a couple of large branches and strip the leaves and stick em thru a piece of paper into a jar of water. I’ll try get pics tmrw

4 Likes

Haha good way to repurpose that tent. Works well for bud shots too :upside_down_face:

Yeah that’s actually what I bought it for but kinda got lazy on the photography and just used it for this haha

2 Likes

Haha well it’s a good idea for sure.

I’m now imagining my bathroom sinks cupboards each containing a different life cycle or sex of the plant and then my wife not knowing till she starts looking for stuff haha

2 Likes