Purple stem seedlings

Hi everyone, I’m hoping you can enlighten me as to what is going on with the stems on these seedlings, they are looking a little purple. They are ILGM blue dream Autoflower seeds, they were germinated 3/12 and planted into peat pellets as an experiment on 3/13 after popping. They get sunshine all day and I have them on a heat pad at night with a towel underneath to buffer the heat. Any ideas or suggestions on what’s causing this and how to remedy would be much appreciated. Muchas gracias!

6 Likes

I’m no where near able to say forsure but based off my autos so fair genetics maybe. My black berry kush auto came out with purple stem and had fades of purple in center when leafs where coming out and my strawberry nugget came out with a more bright purple/pinkish nice bright green leafs.(similar to one picture in looks) Took notice of about same size as yours. Out of the 7 plants I’ve grown/still working on these are my two most impressive plants so fair. Good luck on them.

2 Likes

A plant that small, I would say its 100% genetic. The seed already has everything it needs in it to start growing.

11 Likes

I would agree with @ReikoX - likely genetic. I have had plenty of seeds with purple stems that young, even purple cotyledons!

Given that it has some blue family lineage this is normal…

6 Likes

i ran some jack the ripper, and at that size they all had purple stems, as they grew out it disappeared , kinda hoping some show purple at end of flower

2 Likes

A lot of different strains will start off with purple stems and sooner or later they start turning green bromigos…