Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice 🌸

Would you suggest two days of darkness before chop or does that not actually make a difference?

1 Like

IME, I notice a difference between chopping with lights on and lights off, but no difference between 12-48 hours of darkness… so I tend to just chop at the end of the dark cycle.

4 Likes

10 weeks Saturday. All cloudy, lots of amber on the sugar leaves, probably <5% amber on calyxes.

I either cut tonight when lights come on or shes waiting til Monday. I’m leaning towards tonight, even if I wait til Monday, I think I’d just put her in the dark rather than keep her in the grow room between now and then. What does OG think?

13 Likes

You are definitely in the harvest window.
I’d cut it now but some folks like a more calming effect might wait a day or two.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Agree with @Gpaw balls in your court now all a matter of preference now the long you wait the more narcotic the stone I personally prefer cloudy but I’m definitely in the minority

I would harvest right before lights come back on if possible or if you have the ability to leave it in the dark a couple days I hear lots of good things about it I’ve just never had a proper set up to try

6 Likes

Nice, I remember doing that back in the day w 48 hrs of dark before the cut. So yeah my other option is wait til Friday morning when lights go out, stick that baby in a dark bedroom and when I get back I’ll have that dark window covered.

3 Likes

Lot of people swear by it …maybe worth me getting another tent for I’ve thought about one for drying maybe a dual purpose one

3 Likes

This is what I am trying to do. Back about 10 years ago when I first grew, some of the old timers who helped me learn swore by their dark period. I always did it myself just because thats what I was told haha.

When I either frame out a room or get a second tent, I want to retire my old one for drying purposes.

3 Likes

I agree with everyone else, you are in the preference zone. In my opinion, clear trichomes ar immature, cloudy trichomes are ripe, and amber trichomes are beginning to degrade. So I try to harvest when the majority of the trichomes are cloudy.

In my experience, harvesting in the dark cycle gives a smoother smoke than harvesting during lights on. I have not noticed a difference between just 12 hours of darkness and 48 hours of darkness.

Edit: I have a small tent with an extraction fan and a humidistat that I like to use for drying. :+1::seedling:

12 Likes

Wanted to harvest in 2 weeks with the rest of my plants but they look about ready now. The strain is blueberry and is 45 days into flower. My other blueberry looks to still have a couple week but this one is about 10% clear /80% cloudy / 10% amber. Think I can squeeze a couple more weeks out of her?

12 Likes

You are in the harvest window, now it depends on how you like it.
Two weeks might be pushing it but you can easily let it slide a few more days, maybe a week then reevaluate.
Blueberry is Indica leaning so letting it go a little later will add more couch-lock, not a bad thing.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I like a good balanced buzz most times but I also like to have a very heavy knock you smoke at bedtime. Then of course a little more sativa for shits and giggles on weekends. I guess what I’m saying is…I like them all :joy::joy::joy: the cherries jubilee I have going is supposed to be pretty heavy shit so I’ll prob just harvest the blueberry this weekend and hope for a balance.

Think I still have a couple weeks on the cherries as they are just starting to really pack on some weight.

12 Likes

Looking nice bro. I’d say she is ready, but that’s just me. Should some nice smoke whatever you decide.

2 Likes

How much longer in week 8 now…

19 Likes

Hard to be sure, but I’d say you’ve got a ways yet… probably 2 weeks. Keep in mind strains that are REALLY done in 8 weeks are pretty rare despite what breeders say…most are more in the 9-10 zone for proper ripeness.

Nice looking plant, very frostalicious!

12 Likes

I agree with @beacher two more weeks to ripen should do it.

10 Likes

^ listen to this guy, he’s clearly super intelligent! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

11 Likes

PAC x RMH cross,
I’m thinking about 1.5 weeks, maybe? Let me know what y’all think?

regards,

16 Likes

Looking about correct on that… About another 1.5-2 weeks and that one is in the chop zone

6 Likes