Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice 🌸

Hello OG community- I finally got to take some pics of the trichomes.

I’m thinking another week or two yet.

7 Likes

Great pics, easy to see now that you are probably bang on with your time estimate, they just need a few amber ones for my liking :+1:

3 Likes

This plant started budding after the other plant, but this one looks like it will be ready before the other one.

No amber, yet, but it looks like they’re turning milky.

5 Likes

Hi OG!
I normally just post on in my journal, but I wanted to get a wider opinion on my question.

I have never grown Purple Kush before. Well, I have never grown a 100% indica plant before. Indica is more of a body high type of strain. Less of a head high (You won’t be cleaning your house afterwards).
I am at 8 weeks now which is the flowering time for this type of strain. It shows darker trichomes at 8 weeks than any other strain I have looked at.

My question is would you go ahead with a chop based on what I am seeing under the microscope, or
should I let it go a little more? I don’t want a 60% BRN vs 40% Cloudy.

The plant vegged for 90 days (tried to stretch it some) and flowered for 8 weeks.

Thoughts?
GR

11 Likes

I would harvest that. :smiley:

10 Likes

So would I

8 Likes

Should’ve been a done deal already bromigo.

5 Likes

That’s done af.

4 Likes

Hi, You have been here a pace or two. We have a thread for ‘is it ready?’

3 Likes

Are these trichome pics from the sugar leaves and not the buds? They look like leaf shots to me… And from the distant shot of the plant I can make out a lot of clear hairs still on that plant. If these trichome pics are only from the leaves than she isn’t ready yet. If however these are from the buds themselves than yes, harvest her. The leaves ALWAYS mature faster than the buds and the buds are the only area we care about trichomes maturing in. Just from the whole plant shot I’d say you still got two weeks.

9 Likes

I didnt see it as a selection for the drop down when I created the topic. Thanks for helping out and putting it in the right place.

GR

3 Likes

It is the small leaf sample next to the bud. It is still throwing pistils on the top buds close to the lights where this sample was taken from but the buds on the side of the plant are not.

GR

4 Likes

Yes I agree
Looks like leaf shots to me which mature much faster then your buds.
And also looks like there still a bit of white pistils spiking out of the colas.

3 Likes

These came off top of top buds yesterday. There is a little clear showing but it it the top of the bud. Probably going to let it go till this weekend.

8 Likes

I would chop imminently myself as well they look great :+1:

3 Likes

@Shadey

Thanks A lot! It was done last night.

8 Likes

I feel like these plants are taking forever to be ready, so I’m asking for a second opinion.

4 Likes

Looking very close depending on how you like your buzz, it will be a bit more zingy if you chop now, a bit more sedative if you wait for some amber, but they all look pretty milky :+1:

4 Likes

Bro…are these close?!..lol…jk

7 Likes

Thanks!
Those are my thoughts as well. I prefer a more sedative high, so I’m waiting till at least a few show amber. I have like 4 other plants that look about the same as this one.
I’m tempted to chop this one because I think it has Septoria and I’m afraid of it spreading to the other three.

Thinking out loud. Thanks for youor feedback!

1 Like