Red Devil Grow Journal

Sounds perfect!
Been growing blueberry recently and I feel I just can’t get enough of it.
The cure turns out really well…

1 Like

My Metal Halide bulb blew, only have yellow pics from the HPS now.

I just set the Red lightning in the get ready room for the CVO.

I supercropped both limbs about 2 weeks into flowering, just cut the strings off recently and it’s standing up in its own.

Red lightning male here.
And I have another more broader leaf RL. This one had the look of the CVO in structure. Super easy to grow both phenotypes. Very low maintenance on both.

9 Likes

Can’t figure out the CVO smell.

I was cloning the first cut in a bucket with saran wrap on top. After 3 days I pulled it off and it knocked me down like a RKS. Happen fast.

I stopped and got down on all 4 saying damn!! Been a long time since any weed did that, especially a small clone.

One of the best weed i ever smelled.
It was not a Skunk but power like one and killer killer smelling lol.

I’ve got a real skunky Afghan Skunk male that’s going to hit a clone soon. I have 8 clones of this phenotype female.

And 2 female Afghan Skunk skunky, I popped 30 Afghan Skunk and just drop my last 4 in case I find another Skunk. Most are sweets and I’m not using them. But I got some Skunk ones. Garlic bud will be on the cross to it list too

That should run a solid Skunk line from that cross. Garlic bud cut here I let my buddy use for breeding.
Got some new crosses lined up for Garlic bud.

10 Likes

Awesome brother!
Quite a stink project you planning on breeding there! :herb::skunk:
The last time I grew a cheese, she was a real stinker. With just 3 set of fans leaves she was already making the tent smell quite strong.
I’ve never tried anything with garlic though I’ve been reading about it often and can relate how that pairs well with the stink of real skunks.
Wonderful journey ahead of you brother…hoping the best in your endeavors…:v:t4::herb:

1 Like

Heres the Garlic bud.

11 Likes

plants are looking nice and healthy :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

the garlic bud even has grown eyes :rofl: :rofl: :innocent:

2 Likes

Ikr lol My favorite part of Garlic bud is the audio and music sounds incredible on it.

Each trichome harvest offers a new high. Early its super stupid and racey thoughts to solve everything, yet can’t figure out why I’m walking to one place to another. Lol

Then it also has the deep knock you out milky white, super relaxing, got a full RKS smell, 100% the whole house breaking up a cured bud.
The real deal Skunk smell. Zero in tatse lol

So the Afghan Skunk should unlock a RKS. Any Skunk would, but since I’ve got a good enough Skunk expression in Afghan Skunk… it’s time to try it.

Garlic bud was Jim Ortega’s Skunk Garlic phenotype. I got these from Nevils line. Its a F2 gen female.
I’ve got many photos of Garlic bud growing.

4aca1444aad82d17452231afb54484836cda8bfa_2_375x500

14 Likes

the growth structure of skunk is always so lovely! sweet outdoor shots. sounds like an incredible smoke :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a few duds, when you compared it to the super phenotypes. Smells like garlic, then at harvest this incredible candy when you do the bud squeeze test, never smell candy until the buds start popping.
Then it spits a slight Skunk when it’s ready all over the yard. In dry the Garlic comes back, in cure it can go Skunk and outdoors it’s pistils turn this color.
The cut I have likes to finish in 5 weeks.

17 Likes

smell sounds fatasic too . wow 5 weeks is pretty fast i guess !
the pistils color is nice and reminds me on a clone only plant, that was called “leela”
that was around 10 plus years ago. the bud had such bright purple that it was hurting your eyes when entering the flowering room :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. need to find my old hdd maybe there are some pics left.

3 Likes

Very interesting interesting and important work you’re doing over there.I am intrigued by the red devil and garlic bud both. Those pink pistols look incredible. Nice work man!

2 Likes

Cuts are probably the secret to securing a genetic line long term.
It’s easy to lose seeds within a few years if not stored right.

My Garlic bud finished before the Red Devil pollenated it. I saw it turn brown as the Red devil was trying to hit it. Just missed it.

Smoking that now :joy: I’ve got plenty of Garlic bud clones, the plant makes it to 24, 23 degrees back to back 22 degrees the 3rd day it went frost limp and it takes heat like a boss.

I told the person I got the original seeds I’d never sell Garlic bud, but I am using it for crosses, I’m testing Garlic Bud x Hawaiian Sativa now,

One phenotype was a beer young. Then it went Skunk, a solid soft comfortable one, then a few days ago a bud squeeze i found the candy is there. That made me happy.

5 seeds dropped of it to grow outdoors, Dad Hawaiian Sativa was 12 feet tall, massive long spears everywhere.

And also Garlic bud x Tirah Valley Kush seeding up now.

Shiva Shanti was Garlic bud x Kush x Skunk 1 …I think lol

It’s like a rubber plant and I didn’t like SS. So I’m taking out SK1 and trying Garlic Kush all over again.

Seems everything with SK1 is picky to grow and always the first plant to collapse needing water.

I work day and night breeding up plants. Luckily I have a sleeping problem. My whole life it’s been that way.

I’m actually about 110 years old in awake time. :thinking::thinking:

Oh how I loathe sleep, those little slices of death. :100:

13 Likes

Wow. Cool thread, thank you for sharing.

1 Like

yeah thats i really the best way to secure genetics in long term. i keept mothers for years without any worry. and when there are any problems,… just take cuttings on regular base.

that sounds like a good heat resistant plant.
and it seems you have quite alot of work going on :slight_smile:
but working with plants is so joyful that i can spent most of my time with that.
sleep problems i know that quite well myself. it sucks for sure…

breeding is totaly new to me but i want to start something with my Flc end of the year.
i ẃant to share stuff with the community. i love what you all are doing.!!
need to find some pollen that goes along with well or going with S1 we will see.

4 Likes

:drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face: 5-6 week finishing time wow indica heavy :drooling_face:
Lol I responded then read up wow great project I saw those pink pistils and got me all excited saw the ancestral skunk pink pistil

4 Likes

Great work, you inspired me to start a batch of my own. I really enjoy that good old fashioned weedy stench.

1 Like

Wow the color on those pistils is really amazing… I am really interested in the garlic strains you have. Garlic x Hawaiian mmmmmm count me in

1 Like

Hey do you have an estimate flower time on the ancient hash plant? Is it 130 days or was that just the mother? Can’t wait getting ready to drop some long flowers and might throw a few super fast flowers in maybe gotta keep my stash up.

1 Like

Defrost that bud before you take picts, way too much ice to see anything! :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Ancient Hash Plant should finish is 6 to 7 5 weeks.
Here’s one I’m growing now. Love it’s structure, lots of air circulation and branches spread out like a tank. This male has a super sweet smell.
Super healthy and it come up on its on. The seeds survived winter and grew it’s self. :dove:

I’ve got the Red Devil x Oaxacan seeds finished and testers going.

And the (Washington Skunk x UFS18) x Red Devil seeds ready. These seeds are incredible looking

The smell of Copalita Village Oaxacan x Red Devil is one of the best smells I ever took in on a stem rub. I call it Red Ox the new strain.

I may have created a new favorite strain for myself :thinking:. The Red Ox is a unique expression in aroma and structure.

7 Likes