Red Devil Grow Journal

Are these from Shanti?

2 Likes

Looking good

Greenhouse Seeds Arjan work.

Iā€™ve seeded up Red Devil plants early with the Red Devil , I found two females to keep for breeding, there wasnā€™t many pistil when pollenated.

Iā€™ll get a good seed stock to feature the plants outdoors without having to seed them up soon. I have to repopulate them to get more seeds of it for this season.

With the nice male structure the Afghanica phenotype expression had I brought in a female Washington Skunk x Uncle Festers Skunk 18 to get pollenated by the Red devil .

I was hunting for a great Red Devil plant, male or female,

Next grow Iā€™ll look for a female like the male Afghanica 11 leaf phenotype. I have the male cloned and the Dad back in veg ready to pollenate other strains at a later time if needed.

This Washington Skunk x Uncle Festers Skunk 18 crossed to the beastly Male Afghanica phenotype expression is seeded up and all those tagged below get a set of seeds from the harvest in 2 to 3 weeks.

These new crosses should be interesting to grow out.

If you like a set of the new strain to populate, all those who commented on the thread , previously, get the new Red Skunk 18 seeds.

The Washington Skunk x Uncle Festers Skunk 18 is a skunky aroma, during its clean water spray its skunky funky. And i smell skunk when i smell above the buds.
The Red Devil addition should make for a great strain with potency and a good flowering time. :100::dove:

Send me a DM for your seeds after I harvest them out of the Washington Skunk x Uncle Festers Skunk 18.

Iā€™m running Washington Skunk x Uncle Festers Skunk 18 male and female too. Iā€™ll post on that project soon.

@Toker1 @Dyad @HumblePie420 @iceman @m0sirys @420noob @Mrgreenthumb @Gimme5minutes

10 Likes

Damn glad I found a seat for this one :star_struck::call_me_hand::v:

1 Like

I took the two best females and tossed the rest, Iā€™ll feature the new seeds outdoors this year in my garden.

My main goal is to bring new things with old things :dove:

My project now will be flowering up my females before pollinating the ones I have going now.

Strawberry headband,
Maple Leaf x Hawaiian,
Garlic bud x Hawaiian,
Red Lightning.
Thailand landrace x Big Bud, Washington Skunk,
Ancestral Skunk x Turkish Hash Plant,
Copalita Village Oaxacan,
Mexican Death Sativa

Not to mention Kanak, Gilgit, PCK, Quetta City Balochistan, think thatā€™s how its spelled and Skunk projects as well outside of what that list is.

And especially the Ortega 88 Nevil, what the Strawberry headband is going to breed with for a new Strawberry Bannana strain is the plan.

And Iā€™ve got pre Ortega Maple leaf seeds. Itā€™s a straight Mazar-i-Sharif.

10 Likes

Thank you so much brother! :green_heart::herb:

Just simply wow! These must be super skunks that you have bredā€¦not to forget itā€™s potencyā€¦ :exploding_head: prolly need top notch activated carbon filters for these stink bombs indoorsā€¦:skunk:

And sure as hell uve got some interesting strains lined up for ur next projectā€¦wishing you great success on that one :herb::green_heart:

Peace bro! :v:t4:

1 Like

Thanks so much, this. Cross sounds soooo amazing . What is the expected flower time on this? I bet they get huge outside

1 Like

Great work so far. Iā€™m curious how you select your plants for seed making.

2 Likes

This is gonna be incredible!

1 Like

Wow yiue next run sounds awesome as well!

1 Like

Thanks everyone, the Red Devil can take 11 weeks to finish. The WS18 flowers up fast. One of the coolest plants Iā€™ve seen.

Itā€™s a classy leaf and cool plant structure.

The Red Devil should balance out a stable outdoor harvest in 8 weeks or less Iā€™m hoping.

The Red Devil may add color into the cross as well at harvest time.

Exciting year ahead and Iā€™ll need help along the way testing these strains.

Right now Iā€™m breeding with potency when selecting seeds, then Iā€™ll select commercial phenotypes to ensure strong genetics.

Smell plays a key role with selecting the best Male and female.
You can pinch tops and prune up tops to test by smoking it. I call them tender tops :seedling:

Good weed the leaves will get you stoned. I donā€™t like growing plants that donā€™t get you buzz the leaves.

Brix meter is also important to measure sweetness , including at harvest. If your brix is too low you shouldnā€™t harvest. You can harvest from Brix readings.

Low Brix harvested plants are less potent and less aromatic and resinous. They cost 125.00 for a brix meter.

Brix can help the little guy determine good plants in your selection. You should at least have 50 to 60 seeds for breeding projects.

Large scale should be 1000,s
Sometimes trying with 10 seeds really may harm a genetic line. Youā€™ll miss that 1 in 60 gift :100::dove:

5 Likes

good to hear!!! i think ,i was just unlucky with my seeds from greenhouse seeds.iĀ“m looking forward for updates :slight_smile:

Using a brix meter to measure sweetness before harvest. Wow, I would have never thought of that.

2 Likes

Keeping the thread alive brotherā€¦
Any updates on the Red Devil?

Ya @gregog Iā€™ve been wondering about your red devil project you should be what wk 6 of flower?

yeah an update would be nice ! :innocent:

I didnā€™t have really any big plants to feature, the Red Devil male is in clone form now for breeding projects. I pretty much tossed all females but one to restock my Red Devil seeds, to do a full grow on them without making seeds.

Good news is the Red Devil Male x Copalita Village Oaxacan female seeds are ready.
20230329_025838

The 2 Red Devil plants I seeded up will be popped this week the new seeds, Without having to breed seeds into it.

Everyone above this comment gets a set of seeds from the new cross.
This thread will continue as I spotlight the journey on the male Red Devil for breeding other strains with.

This should make an excellent new strain, the CVO is a powerful knock down smell the female I selected.

Raising more CVO to find a male like this female. Went through 18 CVO seeds to find this female Iā€™m using from here out.

9 Likes

Sheā€™s topped and ready to become a brood mareā€‹:rofl::rofl:. Looking good and that cross sounds awesome man.:call_me_hand: Iā€™d hope youā€™d get a run of smoke in every now and then around making great crosses!
I lost track what was finish time?

3 Likes

Looking great brotherā€¦
Wishing you luck on finding that right CVO maleā€¦:herb::v:t4:

3 Likes

Sad I donā€™t get much bud harvest in life anymore since breeding strains.

The Oaxacan is supposed to be not bred up. Canā€™t resist the Red lightning 5 week finisher sounds perfect for this.

Red Lightning will flower very quick finishing in 5 to 6 weeks flower, very heavy covering of trichoms from around 2 weeks onwards, Red Lightning has a good blueberry fruity taste and sweet smell, the plant will stay low to medium and give dense ripe buds 90% indica very heavy hitting this one so be warned hangs on to you till the next day.

Oh that sounds perfect lol

3 Likes