ReikoX's Auto Projects

The fastest auto Inhave seen is about 9 weeks, the longest was about 11 weeks.

I’ve only ever crossed an auto to a photo once, so I don’t know what the difference would be between the 10 week and the 11 week variety. But I crossed a faster auto (9 weeks) to a longer flowering photo (11 week) and the F2 generation was significantly faster, finishing in 8 weeks. I haven’t gotten them to full auto yet, but I assume they will finish around 9-10 weeks from germination.

When doing the punnett squares, I use P for the dominat photoperiod gene and p for the recessive autoflowering gene.

Autos are pretty new, so there isn’t a whole lot of research on the subject. As far as I know all the autoflowering genetics available today are derived from the same ruderalas.

11 Likes

Welcome @Dirtron! Glad you’re here. Make yourself at home brother.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

2 Likes

The breeder of mighty mighty in BC in the late 90’s/ early 2000’s said in cannabis culture magazine that he had autoflowers popping up randomly in his lines as he got the flowering period further and further down. He theorized that it was something that could be developed by onlybreeding the first to flower

There are autos native to Kazakhstan, Pakistan and Nepal, the ones joint doctor used to make lowryder were Russian. There have been a few from Canadian and Wisconsin feral hemp populations that I have also read about.

9 Likes

@ReikoX Thanks for quick reply. When you say you haven’t gotten them to full auto yet, you mean that only 25% of the F2 was auto and that you are one generation away from 100% being auto? Or, do you mean that there is a partial-auto state that requires back crossing to strengthen to reach full auto, indicating that there are multiple genes involved? I was not aware that all auto’s were from the same initial ruderalis parent (via Lowrider?).

@anon93244739 I did know that there where, presumably different, ruderallis populations in Russia, Canada, Upper Midwest USA. Have they been found at equally high southern latitudes? Terra Del Fuego? Or lower lattitude but very high elevation areas with equally short growing seasons?. I am surprised that no one has used and of these to create new auto strains with potentially different flowering characteristics.

Have any of you seen any “wild” ruderallis seeds floating around on here ever?

-Dirtron

4 Likes

From jorge Cervantes book.

Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study talks about them acclimitizing and spontaneously going to autoflower on pages 115 and 157

6 Likes

Yep, that one.

Currently 4 of the 24 JLO F2 started flowering under 20 hours of light after four weeks. Three females and a male. I’ll let them do their thing in the QT tent for a week or so, then spray off and move the females back to finish ripening up the seeds.

10 Likes

After four weeks of a 20/4 light schedule, I’m pretty sure all of the autoflowering plants have showed. As of last night, I am down to four autoflowering plants. Out of the 24 plants I started, I ended up with three females and a male. I went ahead and moved these to the QT tent for the next week so the male can pollinate them. After that, I’ll kill the male and move them back to the veg room.

21 Likes

The JLO male is showing some purple :purple_heart:

29 Likes

Can you save a bit of that pollen for me? :slight_smile:

-Dirtron

1 Like

Sorry, but I am not saving any pollen this round. After I test the progeny, I may release some of these seeds. They will be regular autos, so you will be able to find your own male.

15 Likes

The best kind :yum:

7 Likes

Moved the JLO F2 females back under the big light. Should provide a few seeds. :grin:

19 Likes

How long do they have left?

1 Like

These will run until the seeds are done. They are at six weeks from germination today. So they will go at least 10-11 weeks to ripen the seeds.

5 Likes

I’ll make a note in my dibs calendar :smiley:

1 Like

The JLO F2 autos are starting to ripen up at around 8 weeks. They should be done in a week or two. I’ll likely let them go long to ripen up any seeds.

24 Likes

Are you going to do a selection for 1:1 THC:CBD (I think that was the ratio you liked in the Juanita) or something else later on?

6 Likes

Yes, I’m working towards that. I used the two Type II mothers (mix of THC and CBD) from the F2 generation.

The father plant did not show CBD when I tested the leaf material. That doesn’t mean it didn’t have CBD, but that it wasn’t detected. I’ve never tested leaf material before.

I will be testing the F2 mothers and will likely use any Type II plants in the F3 generation. One of them smells like the Juanita now, so I’m hopeful that one will test positive for CBD.

13 Likes

The JLO F2s are about done at day 72 from germination. I honestly could have taken them a week ago, but I wanted to make sure the seeds were done.

This one looks and smells the most like Juanita la Lagrimosa.

This one resembles the Lowryder2 more.

And this one is a nice mix of the two.

Once they are chopped and dry, I’ll test them for CBD. Both the mothers used had CBD and THC.

32 Likes

Those are both really nice looking plants!

4 Likes