ReikoX's Auto Projects

Beautiful work and awesome that you were able to capture it this way!

3 Likes

JLO F2 just a little over three weeks from germination. I expect the autos to start showing sex over the next week or two.

13 Likes

Nice. How do you get seedlings to grow that fast? Mine are fairly steady but your growth is twice what I have been getting. My seedlings get water only until they outgrow a beer cup. Then transplanted. I have been using Happy Frog and feeding at 1/4 strength nutes for about a week then switch to half strength. For the rest of the grow they get 1/2 nutes. In flower they get some of the foxfarms beastie blooms again at 1/2 strength. Think I am starving them? They always seem to grow well. Just not as fast as some people do.

3 Likes

Jacks 321 full strength flooded daily.

8 Likes

Even in the seedling stage ?!?!
I am always afraid a lot of nutes tat early will burn them up

1 Like

Yeah started them in rapid rooters and moved them to coco around a week in, I fed full strength since then.

6 Likes

I have been using the FoxFarm Trio for a couple grows. I think it works well if you dont follow their formula. Once dialed in it works great. Turns out to be about 1/2 their reccomended dosage. I still have about another grow’s worth. I think after that I may change to Jacks. Everyone that uses it swears by it. And have not heard negative about it.

4 Likes

Hey,
Reiko, I just joined the boards because of this thread. Hoping to work with some non-fem autos to find something(s) that will work outside in my climate, which is hot. I will be following… and asking questions.

11 Likes

Welcome @Dirtron to the forums

4 Likes

Welcome to OG. Ask away, im happy to help.
:+1::seedling:

6 Likes

I came here because of this thread too. !
And I like Bubble gum what a coincidence! LOL!

3 Likes

Last night I counted three females and a male autoflower (20 hours of light). I will most likely cull the two taller plants tonight. Here is a webcam pic from this morning.

13 Likes

It will be a sad day in ReikoXland

3 Likes

Not really, there are 24 and I only need 1 male and 1 female. All the photoperiod plants will end up as worm food eventually.

4 Likes

How many generations does it take to make a stable auto?

I’d like to get there someday. :wink:

2 Likes

Three filial generations. Autoflowering is a recessive trait, so the first filial generation (F1) are 100% photoperiod. The next filial generation (F2, what I’m growing now) should have 25% autoflowering and 75% photoperiod. Crossing the autoflowering F2 plants will give you 100% autoflowering in the F3 generation. I will likely do one more generation of selections after these.

16 Likes

Awesome! That’s a good deal faster than I was thinking.

How’d you get the 50% on those grape walker x JLO?

Sorry. I’m still learning. Thanks for your patience. :green_heart:

3 Likes

Well, the JLO F1 all carry one recessive (autoflowering) gene and one dominant gene (photoperiod). The Grapey Wlker Kush have two recessive (autoflowring) genes. So when I (accidentally) crossed those, half of them will get the recessive gene and be autoflowering while the other half will receive the dominant gene and be photoperiod.

13 Likes

I get it. Makes perfect sense with a bit of 'splaining. Thanks again @ReikoX .

Ugh. Back to work.

3 Likes

@ReikoX
So first question group:
What is the range of maturation times you have experienced with the auto’s? Fastest and Slowest?
What influences how long a particular cross will take to finish?
If you were to cross the same auto male to two different photoperiod strains (or vice versus auto fem x 2 different photo males) , one which takes 8wks to flower and one that takes 10/11wks… after growing out the 2 generations to get back to some auto’s… would you expect the (auto x 8wk F2) to finish faster than the (auto x11wk F2)?
Does the finish time come from a combo of the two strains traits, or is it wholly dependent/controlled by the auto-flowering gene (since the auto’s are all aa there is no photo-period gene) and thus the auto parent in the cross?
What letter do you use to signify the photoperiod/autoflower alleles? P and a?
Are there different versions of the autoflower gene, perhaps from different original latitudes/climates that flower after a different number of days, but are individually consistent? (so in my example 60day auto x 11wk photo F2 OR 60day auto x 8wk photo F2 both finish @ 60days, while 75day auto x any photo strain will be 75days)
Thanks,
Dirtron

1 Like