Relative true flowering time

That’s true ,that’s the thing I grow for myself my wife or friends don’t smoke,I give couple veterans I know free weed they live in the neighborhood,but except for that I smoke it lol it’s called weed for a reason,

I think I shock people when I say that you just have to look at my grows it’s all 12-12 lights for seed to finish,

start them off in the kitchen lol
Run my lights 7pm-7am,work during the day no way I’m leaving tents with lights on while I’m not home,so turn them on after I get home from work

3 Likes

Not a light switch but a gradual decline in day light. Have you always ran autos under 12 hours?

When I first started growing I tried all the lights 24-0 18-6 12-12

Didn’t see any difference in growths,both photos and auto plants
So I stuck to 12-12 so about 2 years I’ve been running the lights like this,plants still stretch

My cheap eBay lights lol

3 Likes

Right now I am in the 7th week since I flip go 12/12 and I was expecting to harvest soon but not quite for me, so I understood that I can’t manage yet to set if I can do 3 or 4 grows each year and to maintain myself sustainable I will need to have a more precise rate.
But new growers like, see the seedbanks info with flowering time 8-9 weeks and then this calendar is confirmed by biobizz chart, so it would be the usual time, but no.
Now I understand that even size matters, a smaller plant will bloom faster than a larger one.
But how to plan and choose the right strain? By doing it…

1 Like

I just listened to a podcast with Breeder Steve and he was saying upping the temps in the flower room can knock off two weeks off the finishing time. I don’t doubt him either.

2 Likes

I have no idea who breeder steve is , but if that is what he is saying then I will make sure to not seek out any more advice from him.

As to the OP
Plants are done when they are done. As you can see in this thread , there are many different opinions on flowering time. The least subjective way of counting is to count from flip.

3 Likes

I have never had a strain, in 10 years, finish on or before the said flowering time. They always go for at LEAST a week longer, usually 2. I count from flip day, but for planning my rotation I always plan my vegging plants for 3 extra weeks. That gives what I’ve got in my flower room extra time to finish if it needs it

4 Likes

Lol, you never heard of Breeder Steve? You must be a youngn’ and wasn’t around in the first Overgrow days. The guy is a cannabis legend and pioneer. You never heard of Spice of Life seeds? Sweettooth, Blockhead,Shiskaberry, Sweet Skunk, ect, ect… he put his life and freedom on the line to breed those lines for all of us during the height of prohibition. DJ Short and Steve also did some amazing collaborations together like the Sweet Blue.

He’s also one of the first to ever apply aquaponics to cannabis and still used as a speaker at those conferences.

2 Likes

LOL Yup I am just a youngin I couldn’t care less about who he is or what he has done. If he is saying raising temps will cut off two weeks of flowering time , he is not the brightest and clearly doesn’t know wtf he is talking about.

1 Like

Yeah okay buddy. Lol he’s forgotten more about cannabis than you’ll ever know. Good luck to you though tough guy.

Here’s the link to the podcast I was referring to. He talks about it and also references actual scientific studies that have been done but muh bro-science says different. It’s around the 18:00 mark for anyone interested. The guy literally has a 60,000 plant grow right now in Columbia. Remember though he’s a moron.

1 Like

LMAO Calling out complete and total BS makes me a tough guy ? Cool story bro good luck to you too :slight_smile:

It is true that in low temperature methabolism decreases and may the heat do the same or not is not the point what I wanted is someone saying I had special queen and my fastest crop was on the 9th week flowering and the slowest was on week 12.
The same on white widdow that is what I am growing but with data and time this could result in a fumctional chart instead of 2 or 3 weeks after the announced.

1 Like

My tent routinely hits 30c and there is no difference in finishing time compared to lower reasonable temps.

1 Like

I just got a clone only strain called Trinity…when I flower it in the future I will record the days…info on Trinity.

Trinity, a clone only strain that finishes 45 days and big yield.

Grow information

Only clones or cuttings are available. They grow best indoors, creating a tall, high-yielding plant with a 45-day flowering period. Because of the shorter length of growing time with the advantage of heavy harvests, this cultivar is a grower favorite when available.

1 Like

I like this …a lot lol

4 Likes

mine are ready for te choppity chop chop when they get about %10 amber or so

2 Likes

Whats your bud density like with those high temps, I get big buds which are less dense, and they keep growing more pistils, so I find high temps in late flower prolongs harvest times.

1 Like

As for finishing times quoted by the seed vendor this is what I go by to start seeds for the next grow, so its finished plants out and seedlings in the tent with minimum time wasted.

1 Like

Hard to say. If I were to venture a guess I’d say it’s strain dependent and not linked to temp. I grew a WW that was fluffy. I’ve grown others that were very dense. All in the same setup.

I ran the WW 3 times in a row so I guess even with seasonal changes everything was pretty uniform.

I wouldn’t worry about 30C. I might worry about 35 :+1:

Yeah I try and keep between 22&28c, leaf temps probably lower though. I thought I could go with the seed vendors suggestions for growing climate but they state Arid along with Tropical for the same strain, so if thats the case it obviously doesnt matter.

1 Like