Reminiscing - Pre-pandemic 2019 Alaska Inside Passage Cruise

It has been 14 months since Covid lock down. I have spent most of that time in my basement. I reflected on our (wife and I) Alaska cruise in 2019, this morning, while in my basement tending the plants.

We started with many fond memories of Vancouver, BC. Awesome people and legal weed! Once onboard we planned each port of call in Alaska with a stop to the local weed shop. They were all conveniently located near the cruise ship ports.

The scenery is awe inspiring. Everything is so huge compared to back home in the DMV. The Pacific Northwest is so very beautiful and wild.

Here are a few of my favorite photos of the trip.

I could go on for hours and post hundreds of images but like in my guitar slinging days, always leave em wanting more.

13 Likes

Looks like an amazing trip. Great posts thanks for sharing. Is the DMV around the Chesapeake? I grew up in that area.

Yes it is. Sorry. What part? I love the Chesapeake Bay.

Do you remember hammer jacks in Baltimore I saw Peter Frampton and a couple of other shows there back in the day.

Oh yes, I remember HammerJacks. Last show I saw at HammerJacks was Rob Halford, it was during the OJ Simpson White Bronco slow speed chase. Everyones attention was divided between the stage and the TV.

They have been saying they are going to open again, for years… Wish I could have played there but that was before my band days.

I imagine Peter Frampton was awesome. Too bad his management made him into a pretty boy rock star. I was very happy when I heard Peter got his LP Custom back that he lost when the plane carrying his gear crashed.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1992-02-14-1992045035-story.html

I couldn’t remember the year so I had to go look it up 1992 it was the start of his comeback tour interesting article about the show and interview.

1 Like

Nice pics!

I saw Peter Frampton play with David Bowie in '87. Wonderful show!

One of my favorite bands is Phish. They were on stage during OJ’s Bronco ride and incorporated that into their show.

2 Likes

Nice work on the glacier photo! It’s hard to capture that blue hue. :+1:

Cheers
G

Looks like a fantastic trip!

I can’t find mine. They were three laptops ago. I thought I had them recovered. I have to figure out where they are,
:green_heart: :seedling:

We have that problem at our home too,