Revegging problem childs

Thank you all for your advice! I really appreciate you! I will update with pics when more crazy things happen. lol

1 Like

I was actually referring to the clones prematurely budding originally instead of vegging because I stuck them straight out into the sun. oops

2 Likes

I’ve done it too :smile: It really slows them down for sure, but now you know.

1 Like

Just watered the crazies with some fish emulsion. They are starting to get little tiny shoots now on 2 of them like everyone said. Still only single leaves coming out though. This is the first time I used fish fertilizer, unfortunately my dog is very attracted to it. Had to run her off from the bucket of water and the fishy watered plants. Hope my cat doesn’t jump on the gravy train too. Pets! Gotta love em!

2 Likes

I am so glad I’m not the only one who has done this with clones!! Looks like a lot of people have. Thank dog! :grin:

2 Likes

So, I just got a magnifier and I checked out the buds on the 7 prematures. I’ve never looked at trichomes before but these look like ice right now (best I can describe it). What are they supposed to look like when they are done?

1 Like

They start out clear then as the resin glands swell up and mature they turn cloudy then amber. I (and many others) like roughly 50/50 cloudy/amber but it’s strain dependent to a degree too. Some mostly indica strains can be too heavy a stone for some people when left late and some sativa based strains are too edgy or uncomfortable when taken early.

3 Likes

These are blue dream. a sativa hybrid. So looking like ice or glass? That means they are still clear right?

2 Likes

Wait till almost all the pistils (little hairs) have turned red and the resin glands are cloudy and turning amber. The buds swell and put on a lot of weight and also sweeten up in the last couple of weeks so if you chop early you will probably be disappointed with the yield/taste and you wont get the proper effect when you smoke it.

3 Likes

The reveggers stems are freaken huge now compared to the others. It’s in a 3 gallon pot. I’m thinking they may need a transplant. btw… some of the shoots are spitting out 3 finger leaves now. I could carefully cut the fabric away… Thoughts anyone?

1 Like

3 gallon pots are a good size indoors but if the plants want to get big outdoors that’s too small so the sooner you transplant the better :thumbsup:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll give them another day or so to dry out some then I’ll move them into 7’s

This one has been sitting in the sun for 6-7 weeks. It’s just now starting to make some sprouts.

4 Likes

My crazy reveggers have started going gang busters! They are getting taller by the day! I gave them some fish fertilizer a week ago and straight water this time. They are weird but happy. The premature budders however seem to still be in limbo. Not sure if I should repot those too. Maybe they will start back up after summer. Don’t know! 1st grow for me. It’s been interesting.

2 Likes

Photo bomb by Jezebel, my pit bull
The crazies

The premature budders

6 Likes

So, I was pretty sure that I needed to transplant the reveggers because the stalk had doubled in size. I let the plants dry out too much. We had a 2 day heat wave. I screwed the pooch on paying attention to them cuz it was too damn hot to be outside. So I transplanted 1 and it just crumbled. I had to cut the bag away and pull the roots that were stuck to the bottom. It was awful. Turns out there was plenty of room still in there so I stopped with one. Watered the hell out of everything, put a low dose of B-52 in the transplant. Hoping it recovers.

I usually have a very positive attitude in life, but today I am frustrated and upset. I’ve spent hundreds if not a grand on this grow and nothing seems to be going right. I look at all these beautiful pics of others first grows on here that look absolutely amazing and wonder WTF? Why am I having such a hard time? Really down on myself today.

Out of 12 plants back there. I have 7 prematurely budding plants that haven’t done shit in at least 2 weeks. I have examined the trichomes they are still glass like but I am seeing no more growth. They are just in limbo and it’s bumming me out cuz I just don’t know what to do with them. The other 5 are in reveg and I may have killed one today trying to transplant it. I probably need to cut at the reveggers and pull some of the bud off the bottom and chop some branches, but I’m afraid to do this as well, cuz I don’t know wtf I’m doing. It would be nice to be able to smoke some of these effing plants, but I’m starting to wonder if they are all going to go to waste by the time it’s all said and done.

My thought on this first grow of mine is: FUCK

3 Likes

This is my 3rd year and I’m still fighting the temptation. Also, not having smoke is a factor, so i compromised, took a couple of smaller upper branches at 6.5 weeks. :slight_smile: i had to. made sure that they were upper-most branches to minimize stress on the remainder. thoughts?

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

You do what you have to bro. Iv’e had to pull plants early because nothing else was available and we needed the smoke.

1 Like

Lol you could always spray water on them in the middle of the hottest part of the day and in about 2 hours they will all be amber haha

1 Like

So, the reveg… Straight water yesterday and turned yellow. Wtf? Gave it some fish fert today 5-1-1. Not sure how long it takes to green back up if it was a nitrogen problem

1 Like