Rhai88's Ongoing Grow

@Rhai88

Nice job-

You’ve got those plants looking fantastic…

2 Likes

For now… I’m sure I’ll be on discord asking you guys questions like I usually do! Much respect though coming from an OG! I appreciate you!

3 Likes

Welcome my friend! I’m sure you will like this place, it’s a breath of fresh air in a polluted world. Truly

4 Likes

It honestly has been a good experience! When I first started in forums I ran into a few that were highly discouraging! This is the opposite end of the spectrum. Glad to be here! Thanks for checking out the post!

3 Likes

Update from last night plants doing great. watered with kelp help and king crab at 3x strength. although I did see some droop from the maui this morning towards lights off. Assuming she was ready for bed. :sleeping: we will see at lights on today knocks on wood hope everyone has a great day!

9 Likes

interesting turn of events… Pebblepusher seems to have reacted great to the kelp help and king crab and the Maui seems to have taken an unfortunate turn. I figured they were thirsty as I seen pebblepusher with a bit of a droop today as well and she perked right up afterwards and looks happy and getting big. Not sure what’s going on with the Maui but I think I will do straight water for a while as well as let the plant have a bit longer of a dry back. Assuming this plant is going to be finicky and or not make it. Thoughts?

3 Likes

When you touch the leaves of the one on the right are they stiff?
If so, then maybe lower light intensity or move the light a little higher.
You can always put the one on the left on top of something to raise it, if need be.

Alternatively, you can shorten your light schedule by an hour for a few days and see what that does.

1 Like

no they are soft and kind of floppy… I actually thought it may be lack of intensity and lowered the light a bit last night but no sign of improvement. the left (pebblepusher) seemed to like it. I’m thinking it just isn’t drinking as much and I may have over watered?

4 Likes

Kelp helps hold water so, probably over watering then…
Take it easy with those teas!
Once a month, max.

LITFA for a week, at least. :smile:

When you stick your finger in the soil, and the soil sticks to your finger, then no watering!
When you can just dust off your finger and it looks quite clean, then you can water again.

3 Likes

That’s exactly where my soil was… no dampness. no sticking to my finger first inch or so. I lifted that thing to and it didn’t exactly seem light but definitely not heavy. the kelp watering seemed to perk it up and make it look great and 2 days later I’m looking at this lol I will ease back on her and lift that pot! thanks for the advice @Rogue

3 Likes

Fresh batch of soil always needs some time to settle down.
Once you have a roots system in there, and after harvest you sow straight into the same pot again, without taking the soil out, your next grow will improve.
Then it’s just a matter of topdressing and covercrops. :+1:
Which you can already start, if you are so inclined.

2 Likes

Dropped some BamBam (free seed tuesdays) the other night… 100% germ and some extra long tails at 48hrs using cotton makeup pads and some ful-power (fulvic acid). I did notice that using the fluffy side of the makeup pad, with such long tails, started to embed into the pads a bit(picture two fuzzies). I actually bought some reusable/washable makeup pads to experiment with and hopefully not have to waste paper towels or cotton pads any more. Thats it for now maybe more at lights on. Hope every one is having a great day!

4 Likes

How’s the Maui doing?

1 Like

I was ready to ditch her but my lady was like NOPE! even had a little pep talk with the maui and said you’re only still here because momma saved your ass haha… :crazy_face: so we took her out of the 1g container and up potted to a 5g and she has since perked up a bit but as of last night was meh… Lights on is 3pm for my tents so we will since in a little here.

4 Likes

Yeah, gotta love on your plants!!!

It might even outgrow the other one once it feels loved. :smile:

3 Likes

Been a while since I’ve posted. Quite a bit was going on with my soil experiments and there was even a revised version. Both of which I hate to say FAILED :no_entry_sign: to live up to my hopes. All of what I had growing had either stalled out completely or was on the brink of death (Maui wowie did not make it) :man_facepalming:. To be fair it could have been a few different variables. Watering habits, bad bag soil base, inexperience with soil. With out a soil test I can’t really confirm my mix was even good. All 3 BamBam’s (free seed tuesday’s) I started completely stalled and never made it passed an inch tall. Luckily I was able to dig them out and save them. Below is a picture of pebblepusher hating life in an earthbox. (was hoping to solve any type of watering issues I may have been causing). Again no luck.

All I know is I didn’t want to keep down the path of failure since my stash is running low! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Luckily the soil didn’t go to waste and was donated to my lady’s tomato plant that we put into the ground last weekend. (tomato plant appears to not hate the mix.)

So I decided to hop back into the Coco game so I could be in more familiar territory. I figured since I’m fortunate enough to be in a discord with some well rounded growers I would switch to salts instead of dry amendments and be able to pick at their brains.

As of the last couple of weeks I’ve been following/mimicking @DefNSmokn and his regimen with results. I managed to save all 3 BamBam’s this way and I’m also fingers crossed hoping to salvage the pebblepusher(still looking rough). I also decided to start two Tombstone seeds gifted by Def and experimented with reusable cotton pads for germination with great success.

Here is everybody currently (minus pebblepusher). Top 3 are the BamBam’s and bottom 2 are the Tombstone’s

Will be back to the drawing board for soil down the road. For now that’s all I’ve got! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

5 Likes

Def a good turnaround point for ya, prob just best to get some weed in the jars first then play with learning, makes things easier when ur not so dependent on the grow

If ur following @DefNSmokn grow plan then u should get some good weight Rollin in, then after we can find tune ya for soil organics for flavor and higher quality

2 Likes

100% my friend… I need to get the ball rolling and back into the swing of things and I will get back at soil soon especially once I’m into the garage that is still under construction and have more space to be growin. I will definitely be coming to you for some soil advice. I do have a lot of those organic inputs waiting to be put to good use. Not giving up on it just on hold! :wink:

3 Likes

out of likes at the moment

2 Likes

Did you just resurrect things? lol on that note… here are a couple things going on currently.

BamBam seed run. Day 51

Tombstone F2 day 25 gifted by @DefNSmokn that is going to be dusted tomorrow with some pollen I collected from the excellent BamBam male I found. Thoughts for names anyone?

7 Likes