Romulan Genetics

Hello everyone, my name is Jake and I am the owner of Romulan Genetics. I just wanted to introduce myself and say that so far, I absolutely love this place and I am eager to spend more time in here sharing and conversating with you all. I’ve spent a lot of time on ICMAG and dabbled with THCfarmer and bean basement, but this place seems to have exactly what I am looking for… friends and people to chat with.

I started doing this back in 2017 giving away cuts of my Romulan to anyone I could find that wanted it. I gifted it to Dark Heart Nursery and as many friends/growers as I could for several years. I had been told by people that it was sort of my duty after my pops passed away, leaving me the clone and old seeds. So this all started with a sense of obligation to the Cannabis community. My assumption was that by giving cuts away, it wouldn’t take long for them to spread around everywhere. I was wrong, and as more and more people asked me for cuts and clones it became far too much work for me to keep giving things away and spending money on shipping clones only to see the people I sent it to hoard it themselves and not give cuts to others (which they all agreed to before I sent them). Only Dark Heart Nursery was any bit of success, but they were limited to California and anyone else had to have friends or fly out themselves to get it. So the pressure was put on me to make seeds. I had already been breeding privately for myself, so it wasn’t a huge step to get into making more for others too.

In 2019 I began selling seeds, and before too long Luis from ACE Seeds asked me if he could carry my seeds at his seed bank, after he had grown some himself and was impressed with the results. One thing led to another and this hobby turned from something small, into me investing 50k into grow rooms and equipment, employees, etc… all so I could get Romulan seeds into peoples hands. I am a USMC veteran with some serious physical issues, so I wouldn’t be able to do what I do without help. All of the growing and breeding, selecting, etc… every way we do things is all my say, but the seed sorting and grunt work labor I have a few helping hands that are necessary to allow me to do this.

Anyway, thats my back story basically. Our website has a far more detailed history and background, which you are all welcome to go check out if you would like. Im not here to sell things though. I want to meet people, make friends and share interactions with others. Living in the mountains, being an old man and not getting out too often means I am lacking the large circle of friends I used to have before I became a grower and breeder 24/7. I love what I do, I just need some damn people to chat with… going crazy in the woods up here in Northern California.

Im an amateur photographer, self taught… here are some photos of mine:

Romulan

Romulan flower

Here are some of the podcasts I have done if anyone wants to know a little more about me…
James Loud and Future Cannabis Project

Calyx and Crew podcast

And here is some random video of someone growing my Romulan (I just found this on Youtube):

130 Likes

Welcome to OG! Some tasty nuggets over there indeed :+1:

14 Likes

Welcome aboard I’ll tag along

Hope to see more post

9 Likes

Definitely you will soon… I’m limited right now because I’m not a full member yet here. I’ve heard it takes 2 weeks? I’ll be posting often though. :v:

31 Likes

Man, I absolutely LOVE the romulan! The only source I have for it is Pyramid Seeds, so I don’t know how the one I know and love relates to the one you know and love. I can only assume it’s very similar. What I read about it correlates with what I experience here so it checks out so far.

Only downside to this strain for me, is that I’ll probably never be able to grow it outdoors here, as I’ve noticed it to be very mold sensitive and I live in a rather cold and wet climate. Even indoors I need to be careful with this strain.

Still worth it.

Beautiful work! The pictures too!

7 Likes

Welcome aboard fellow breeder. I had seen Romulan popping up lately, I’ll take a seat and watch along.

5 Likes

Welcome to OG @RomulanGenetics , you have already shown you are pretty awesome by sorting out the Romulan run for a user here. Really happy to meet you, can always use more breeders on OG :v:

19 Likes

Happy to say some of the best bud I’ve ever smoked was in fact romulan. Welcome to OG @RomulanGenetics.

9 Likes

Welcome to OG, from what I hear you have some :fire:!
Good to have you around!

8 Likes

Good to have you here!

6 Likes

Welcome to OG!

7 Likes

Yep. You just sound like someone cool. I’ll talk to you.

7 Likes

The member status increases by likes (giving and getting) and posting so keep it up and it should got pretty quick for you

12 Likes

I’m super stoked you’re on here! First plant I ever grew was Romulan! I was gifted some seeds and told they were Romulan, but it could’ve been anything. It did however, turn out really good and the rest is history. I fell in love. Hope to get some of your seeds soon to run, now that I’m a much better plant assistant haha. :heart::seedling::raised_hands:
Thanks for all you do!

13 Likes

Wow!

What a treat to have @RomulanGenetics in the OGverse.

Welcome To OG :beers:

10 Likes

Pyramid seeds version is unrelated. Same with Lucky 13, Federation, Next Generation and AK Bean Brains. I’ll elaborate.

Pyramid used an unknown source from Europe to make their Romulan. In my opinion it doesn’t seem to actually contain any relation to any version out there. But I haven’t grown it, only seen pictures and smoked some flower samples.

Federation started with a clone from Romulan Joe.

• Vic High and Romulan Joe are the two different people who introduced the world to Romulan, with Joe being the one who named it Romulan. Neither of them bred it, but instead acquired it from someone else. Joe never really said who or how he got his, and Vic was very open about how he got it and where. Vic always said Joe’s version was altered and that after Joe had begun selling clones, it was altered again and became more potent and indica dominant. Vic said his own version was never crossed with anything and that Joe’s cut he was certain was.

Federation used Joe’s cut and crossed it with a White Rhino male. They then sold those seeds as Romulan. Over time they backcrossed their “Romulan” back to the mother clone cut from Joe. They reported doing this 18x and possibly more. Unfortunately it was a cross the whole time, and not Romulan.

Next Generation then used that same Romulan for all of their breeding.

Lucky 13 did the same for their Romulan.

Ak Bean Brains used a clone he acquired from Bob Hemphill, which was originally from Joe. AK then crossed his to an NL he had. Again naming the resulting seeds Romulan. He worked it to a bx4, against the mother cut, and that is his Romulan. It’s good from what I hear but probably is slightly different due to the NL influence.

I have grown them all except AK and Pyramid. NGS is good, Federation is good but both are much more indica dominant. They have more pine and lack the peppery spicy that pure Romulan has. And the effects are different, more indica leaning and less medicinal. For me at least.

My Romulan is closer to Vic Highs cut then it is to Joe’s. Monty from TGA, aka SubCool, used my Romulan clone for all of his breeding and confirmed this before his passing. His apprentice Will can confirm that for anyone who needs it. My Romulan is pure and uncrossed, with the clone I use being from the early 90’s and kept in my family since, via cuttings. I sent it off to tissue culture when that was first available to me in 2017. The male I’ve used was selected by me from old seeds that weren’t marked with a filial generation. The guess was f3, so my male I’ve said is an F4. The clone female is from the F1 seeds that my father and his friends created, passing among themselves back in the early 80’s roughly. The first Romulan I released was made only with the old f3 seeds. The new version I offer is my f4 male crossed with my f1 female clone. I call it a bx1 buts it’s actually an IX1. I did that to save from constantly answering questions about what an IX1 is…

Lord I hope that makes sense… im far too stoned to be doing this right now.

76 Likes

Well I’ll just have to beg you for some reggie Rom seeds then, won’t I?

Wait, can I order them from Europe from your webpage? Will you send em to me in a personal mail envelope?

8 Likes

I grabbed your Romulan BX1 from Wellgrown Seeds. I’ve got to experience this plant for myself!

9 Likes

Welcome aboard RG!

6 Likes

hiya and welcome :slight_smile:

7 Likes