Rotisserie chickens and you!

BEST base you can get IMO–at least here!

1 Like

Man that looks great! I pulled my wood smoker out today, I use the electric one in the winter but getting excited for nice weather.

2 Likes

Yes, you know what’s up, I have one of those for the oven if I’m not using the smoker, great for turkey. Very handy indeed.

I love a good rotisserie chicken. Next time i grab one im doing it with this stuff. Love this stuff.

4 Likes

Whats this now? I Googled it, so its a seasoning paste? I am so going to order some. Pollo al Pastore it is.

1 Like

Its an annatto seed paste. Used in mexico as a pork and chicken marinade and paste. Its made from the seeds that the mayans used to make red paint and to make the paintings in some of the pyramids. So also like a natural food colouring but with a unique flavour.You mix this with orange and lime juice into a red paste and marinade the meat and then cook on open flame.Tastes amazing

5 Likes

Interesting, they use cocheniel cactus bugs too for red dye still to this day. Very cool, I will try this.

1 Like

Leftover rotisserie chicken garlic bread pizza, added mushrooms, slices of chicken, a layer of Muenster cheese and a layer of Australian cheddar. Its still cooking, I’ll post a finished product shortly!

3 Likes

Smoke hardboiled eggs, sardines, or smelt. Whole different outlook on life.

2 Likes

Smoked hard boiled eggs huh? I’m fully intrigued. Smoked with shell on? Any smoked fish has my attention, I hated fish my whole life until I smoked a walleye, then a trout, then a salmon, to me fish is only good smoked or breaded and deep fried but I try to eat healthy.

1 Like

Smoked fish to me takes that protein to another level. So good🍻

3 Likes

Indeed, so do you smoke the eggs with the shell on? I have plenty of eggs to test. I eat 5 a day hard boiled. Ne er even thought about smoking them

2 Likes

I’ve never smoked eggs either. I could see smoking cracked eggs scramble slow stir style if you had the smoker going for other meats and rocked them over a discharge but it’d be a lot of stirring and slow going. If you did shell on I guess it may add to the flavor as their shells are permeable. If store bought be good to go but if gathered at home you’d have to wash the coat off. Interesting! You going to give it a shot?

1 Like

I most definitely will, I thought you said to smoke them, I wonder if you could just smoke a egg to cook it in the shell. I’m very intrigued. Oh it wasn’t you, it was @Grayeyes. My bad,

1 Like

Actually I am very glad you included me as I am very curious myself now as someone who eats hard boiled usually daily too…may just kick it up a notch. Once I give it a go I’ll let you know and please do the same. Wondering how long they need to go

1 Like

Absolutely, I just pulled my smoker out the other day. You keep me posted as well. I think ill try raw eggs first, it should cook them just fine, I love hard boiled eggs so much. It’s literally why I have chickens. I sell eggs too but thats just because I can’t eat that many. Lol

1 Like

I am definitely going to try it so will for sure let you know. That is too funny I am the same with my chickens…hard boiled eggs. It’s like the perfect food. I never get tired of them and why I keep chickens. Same when I have them I have such an amount I sell them off. Not sure if I am profiting but keeps it all going which is all I need. Cool talking to you and what a trip we both raise chickens for hard boiled eggs pretty much

Thats awesome, I’m fairly certain I don’t profit but it definitely helps, people usually think I’m gross but I’ll put a dollop of mayo on my hard boiled egg, its basically a deviled egg on demand. Matter of fact im boiling a dozen as we speak. Its natures perfect protein package! We will be talking soon, I think Sunday I’ll be smoking ribs and ill throw some eggs in.

1 Like

Wait a second, you’re the countertop rotisserie dude aren’t you? I found mine, im cooking a bird for Saturday. Beautiful

1 Like

Right profit is definitely not the driver lol. Oh yeah good topping of mayo on a hard boiled egg definitely 5 star munch in my book! Lol call bs but I seriously am boiling up 12 now if I could figure out how to resize pics to post I’d show you…lol that us too funny cause everyone I know is like meh after one here or there but to me it’s good clean easy to make protein. So good! Very cool will be great to hear how those eggs turn out…ribs we know will be killer🍻

1 Like