RSC Iranian Freaker's Ball Preservation Run

Yes indeed! Had a crazy week so haven’t gotten online much but got 6 seedlings alive and thriving! I’ll can snap some pics and throw em up with a more detailed post later today. I’m impressed- they’ve been through hell and back this past week and are looking pretty good!

7 Likes

Here’s the 6 Iranian seedlings that survived the week from hell which included

1. A week long heat wave that didn’t go below the 80s at night and reached highs as high as 115 during the daytime. The basement is considerable cooler than outside but still had trouble getting it below 82 in there.
  2. A surprise inspection from my property management company, which gave me 24 hours to clear out and clean up the grow room. Stashed all the plants in a uhaul at my partners place and ran a fan out the window in to the truck to try and keep the temps down. Needless to say, the plants weren’t happy. Luckily, nothing important died.

With that being said, here’s some pics of the Iranian seedlings! As mentioned above they’ve been through a bunch of stress during a less than ideal point in their life, but the grow rooms all set up again and they should have a pretty cozy life from here on out (fingers crossed). I’m not sure what are phenotypic differences and which are caused by stress but we’ll see soon enough. One thing that must be said is that I’m shocked at how hardy these lil babies have been in the face of everything that’s happened. Hopefully that translates in to good tolerance against environmental stressors later down the line.

15 Likes

Glad to know the germ rate isn’t that great and I didn’t fudge it up somehow. I only got 5 seedlings to pop of 12 and 3 died out of nowhere before first leaf set came through. The ones that did survive were super stress tolerant. Sorry you had to go through all that, glad they’re pulling through :muscle:t4::muscle:t4:

5 Likes

Germination is tough with land races. Especially so when they come from the country of origin, as these did. I’m usually happy when 50% germinate properly.
@thecurtainwith that was quite the curveball that was thrown to you! Good thing these plants are from the desert. That certainly helped them to survive. So you are not allowed to have a room? Glad you were able to get them out of there at least… will these be grown outside now?

9 Likes

It was an inspection from my property management company, apparently it’s a routine thing that happens twice annually as a part of our lease. Got the grow room all set back up again and only one clone died in the whole process so we’re good to go for another 6 months. Considering what I’m able to do in this space, I’m fine putting up with a stressful load out and load in twice a year.
These babies are gonna be grown inside, in the now reconstructed and upgraded grow room. I wish I could do em outside but in my neighborhood plants tend to get stolen before they’re finished. Oh well… honestly it’s probably better that way considering the whack weather we’ve been having. I doubt these seedlings would have survived a week of 90 + degrees at this stage in their life.

6 Likes

Any updates?

2 Likes

Here are the babies! Again I think the weird environmental conditions of the heat wave and such set them back a little but they’re noticeably happier as of the past 4 days. Gave them their first foliar feed this morning- lactobacillus serum, coconut power, and quillaja saponaria extract all at a fairly low concentration. I’m excited for when these babies hit their stride and we get to see a little more of what their genetics are about.
@Upstate my dude I truly appreciate the reminder on this stuff. sometimes I end up not going on the computer for a while/losing track of time, but I wanna keep y’all consistently updated on this one

15 Likes

Looks like they will be hitting their stride shortly. I’m curious what the leaves end up looking like. Will they all be fat? Or will there be a mix of fat and skinny leaves. Looking forward to finding out!

5 Likes

Already seeing one pheno that’s way more NLD than the others, others are pretty uniform with slightly different lobes. I’ll do a plant by plant rundown in a couple days when they differentiate more. Man I’m getting so excited…

7 Likes

Really interesting run, going to keep tuned in for this. Good luck with the project.

3 Likes

I love those narrow leaves! There must have been sativas in much of Iran at one time. I think they used to do more professional cultivation in the past in that country, and since the crazies got into power things are more chaotic as far as breeding goes. Now it’s a mix of everything everywhere.

3 Likes

Been away so I just got on board for this one. Can’t wait to see them grow.

Kev :seedling:

3 Likes

Dealing with a pretty crazy thrip infestation at the moment that’s getting me worried about the future of the babies… after consulting with some fine fellow freakers and a homie with more thrip experience than I, this is the action plan I’ve begun:
Cull all my infested seedlings except the Iranian. Foliar spray nematodes and quillaja. After a couple days, I’m going to introduce cucumeris mites and pirate bugs in to the room. In the meantime, I’m going to grab another pack of the Iranian from RSC. It’s from the same batch of seeds, so my plan is to pop those once the thrips are dealt with and just have more plants for the open pollination at the end of the day.
At the moment, this is what they’re looking like… oh well, hopefully theyll be back on track in a week or two!!
image|375x500

14 Likes

Looks like the Iranian are out of stock on the rsc website so it looks like these babies are going to get the royal treatment from here on out cause this is what we’re going to be working with! Gonna hit them with a light foliar of quillaja and aloe Vera tonight, and clean the living hell out of my veg room.

7 Likes

Looking good, buddy. I have another pack…

2 Likes

Awesome , looking forward to watching your progress.

2 Likes

Thank god lol I’m hopeful these will survive but relieved to hear you’ve got a backup pack. Hopefully it won’t be needed for this round! Fingers crossed…

3 Likes

Diatomaceous earth sprinkles will help with thrips too.

3 Likes

Swerski mites and some tlc seem to have taken care of the thrips, and the babies are doing well :slight_smile:
Here’s some pics!
Got one for sure dude, I see what angus meant when he said this line was prone to semi auto traits lol. The rest aren’t really showing yet, gonna top em soon and throw em in the tent to flip in a few weeks! Dealing with a low light situation at the moment, but hopefully the addition of another light or two next week will shorten intermodal spacing. Great diversity in this batch, mix of broad leaf and slightly less so, got a funky red stem traits showing on one of the babies.

14 Likes

:eyes: how’s it going?

2 Likes