RSC Iranian Freaker's Ball Preservation Run

It’s going! Babies are all happy and healthy (more like teenagers now, I guess) and getting ready for flip! Gonna put them in their own tent for two weeks and then change the lights. Everyone’s recovered from their difficult summer quite nicely, got two confirmed males so far and waiting on the rest to show sex. Gonna spend some time in the garden today so I’ll snap some pics for a plant by plant rundown and throw em up here in a little bit.
Appreciate the reminder! Been having a bit of a crazy summer so often I’ll forget to post as frequently as I’d like.

8 Likes

15 Likes

Looking good! I can’t believe how big they are! Seems like I just sent them a couple weeks ago. Can’t wait to see these begin to flower.:grin:

3 Likes

Any updates?

3 Likes

Updates? Still here? Anyone hear from @thecurtainwith?

3 Likes

Last seen three days ago :sweat_smile:, willing to see how this finishes … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Same here @George

2 Likes

I think he had a mite problem and had to temporarily shut the grow down, and said he was going to try again after a quarantine period and a grow room clean up.

3 Likes

@zephyr is dead on with his comment. Sorry I’ve been out of touch you guys. Been experiencing a bit of a “life implosion” of sorts this fall, so my time online has been pretty limited. And with the mite problems, my garden’s been out of commission and I had to cull all the babies. My plan is to pop the replacement Iranian seeds later this week (courtesy of the incredible and generous @Upstate ) and I’ll be posting here again regularly once that happens. My apologies for dropping off for a bit there. Love that y’all are still dropping by this thread, makes me feel like I have a team cheering me on through all these difficulties!!
:hugs::seedling:

12 Likes

I thought those plant pics above WERE the new batch lol. . Wondering how they grew so fast.
Smoke another one Upstate!:grin:

7 Likes

Having your support just means half ticket for success beer3|nullxnull, hope this is the good one … Arriba|nullxnull

3 Likes

Life happens brother, thanks for owning it coming back and giving it another shot!

Shit happens, what we do after is how it defines us.

5 Likes

Hey overgrow! Figured I’d hop on here and give an update. Got my space scrubbed clean and a couple months of no plants down there, got the place built back up and decided it was time to grow again. Thanks to the kind and generous @Upstate donating his other pack of Iranian, I’m giving this one another shot :blush::seedling: I popped half of the beans about two weeks ago now, hydrogen peroxide dunk then water soak, and then straight in to the soil. So far two have popped but one damped off pretty immediately so we’ve got one baby alive and thriving. Gonna pop the rest of em in a week or so once I’m sure this one’s gonna make it. I’ll keep updating as it progresses!

15 Likes

I got my eyes on this one.
I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!

6 Likes

That seedling is looking stout and sturdy! Gonna pop the second half of the pack sometime in the next week now that the moon is coming back around.

17 Likes

Hey, I was also gonna do a repro run with these seeds probably sometime in fall. How many plants you working with? Maybe we should marry our stock so we have more diversity? Idk how that’ll work, maybe send me some of your progeny or save pollen so they can be worked into my stock. Mine had some pretty foul smells, wondering if you find any of the fruitier phenos

6 Likes

A fruity line and a foul line.

3 Likes

Thats interesting run :smiley: i have one question abou landrace strains. Is there a rule that every landrace strains are prone to hermis or problem lies that you bring them to Yours climate or under you light and thats natural response to that?

2 Likes

That’s a great question! It depends on a number of different factors. Some varieties, particularly certain landrace Afghanis and most That (and many other SE Asian varieties) are notoriously prone to intersex expression. In other cases, intersex expression in landraces that have been brought indoors could be due to grower error- for example, overwatering or leaving a plant root bound for too long. But that’s also the case for many of todays modern hybrids, so in that respect, landraces aren’t so different. Many of the more wild populations have undergone far less selection than some of the classic landraces that have been traded amongst collectors for decades (Acapulco gold, Panama red, etc), so some of the population might be more prone to intersex expression if that trait was advantageous to the plants survival in its place of origin.

But basically, no, not more so than any other variety. Just like polyhybrids, it all depends on selection (whether it’s natural or human). Some environments and people are better at removing those traits from populations… and some environments (and as many of us know, people) less so.

Hope that helps answer the question!
:metal::seedling:

10 Likes

Thats great answer thanks :smiley: probably all depends on many factors. More the enviroment deviat from original enviroment, more stressful it is :seedling:

2 Likes