Seaweed - a perfect Fertilizer?

That’s probably because they use different types of seaweed in their mix. Just like different strains of weed have different THC levels.

1 Like

exactly the Case for me as a Guerillagrower dooing Seedruns

my goal is not to give the Plants more than any buyable Seaweed fertilizer…and there might be a reason why seaweed is that popular Nutrientsource… its to save money and transportcosts , and googling/studying the newest Product out ther. I preffere go for a Lakewalk, thats perfect.

Look, i learned it doesent contain the 3 Major ingredients N, P, K, so its not the “perfect” fertilizer really… But its perfect for reviving Soil. Has also some small drawbacks (messing with Ph/ worms dont like it). Overall its very handy = perfect

Why is your goal to only use seaweed?

They make slow release fertilizer for outdoor plants. It’s cheap, effective, and a lot easier than lugging 50lb sacks of seaweed powder all over the woods. Those will deliver better results than anything seaweed can provide. Do what you want, but there’s a good reason people don’t fertilize exclusively with seaweed.

Plant growth regulator

@vernal I hope we dont get caught up in the Word “perfect” . I ment its pretty pretty Rich in any Nutrient . BESIDES as said before, actually not that high in NPK, therefore i will buy NPK too , around corner

Did i miss any Nutrient that i should have an Eye on? when combing Seaweed and NPK?

they sell it mixed with fish emulsion to be diluted with water. id see that working much better than just seaweed itself. fish emulsion has many micros in it also but with a higher npk.

3 Likes

IDK about “perfect”, but it’s a very useful amendment. It gives sprouts above average vigor, and stimulates root development. Good stuff.

1 Like

That’s where I misunderstood you too… made it sound like you meant as a stand alone fert.

1 Like

to my understanding… Sea Weed is a good all around Micro Nutrient.

…And that makes a lot of sense to me - as Sea Moss (Chondrus Crispus) has the exact same micro nutrient benefits for people.

Would you guys consider Kelp as a type of Sea Weed (as it is a “ocean plant”)?

Have you guys seen “Sea Mineral” Fertilizers? (Has anyone used these? Something I’ve seen but not heard anyone in the Cannabis area using.)

1 Like

Kelp is seaweed, most seaweeds used in commercial growing products are types of kelp.

2 Likes

Iv never used it as a complete fertilizer only as an amendment
I can tell you you must try taking a tablespoon and add it to a spray bottle spray at lights out clones and young plants absolutely love it

I am worried about adding it to my res I’m afraid of organic’s turning to alcohol after a few days

2 Likes