Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics

Move the light closer. They are stretching for the light. Need some air movement around them as well if you dont.

7 Likes

I don’t remember having any particular issues with mine, but I don’t appear to have documented them either :frowning_face:

I agree that moving the light closer would help. Also having the bluer light might help.

7 Likes

I took out the 2700K and moved the 5000K over so that it was right above it. About 200W should be fine for what it is doing. As far as moving it closer, I am going to have to see, as I have other stuff that is taller. I may have to find something higher to put under it.

4 Likes

I have had no problems with the revenge either, I have a 6 week old plant in a solo cup that is probably only a couple of inches taller than your seedlings.

Re pot them and bury the stalk an inch further up. It will start making roots higher up the stem.

When I start seedlings I only fill the solo cup half full, incase they stretch to much, that way you can fill the pot with more soil and stabilize the plant better, without re potting.

3 Likes

Seedlings are tough in regards to light. Maybe move lights closer and take domes off unless mice are around.

3 Likes

I had no problems either. Mine grew outside with a nice open structure but a solid plant.

Air movement is essential imo. I try and get a breeze on them pretty quick just for that reason. Plus all of the things said above.

2 Likes

@Shadey
They are in a six pack now and are going to be transplanted into 5 gallon buckets, but I don’t have the stuff yet and I wanted them to develop a good root system before they are transplanted.

@Jjm
I have them on a box because I have another planter in there that is a lot taller, so I can’t move the shelf (fixed light, movable shelf). I will see if I can find something a few inches taller or something I can put on the box to boost the tray. Also, no dome. Could that have been a cause?

@GMan
Am going out today to get a small fan. I have just been using this to start stuff (vegetables and flowers), lately, so I didn’t think I needed one. Have a small fan that move air in and out, but I guess it doesn’t really “blow” them around.

4 Likes

Lol kinda like lots of critiques but really, doing great. When up-pot just bury the stalky ones. Maybe even a solo cup after a few before the five gallon shoes??

2 Likes

Maybe I will try to put them into Solo cups. It just seems like every time I try to “up pot” they tend to die. That is the fault of the grower, I am sure, and the the growee.

Got a small fan going and it seems to be making “waves” :grinning:

hopefully that will give them some strength.

3 Likes

Yeah, that will make a huge difference. Plus the plants utilize the air circulation.

They won’t get strong inside if you don’t artificially induce some wind. I don’t know, it’s something I did from a long time ago. I hate floppy plants. And, like others said, just bury that seedling up to the cotyledons almost and keep it in some breeze in the early days and keep it as close to the light as is required, depending on the type.

An oscillating fan is a good choice, It’ mixes the air and won’t wear out one plant more than the others. It doesn’t take a lot. Any movement causes the plant to build more tissue. peace

1 Like

I figure it isn’t that strong (small desk fan) so it is moving them around a bit but not overwhelming them so it should be okay. It’s a small space, so it can’t handle anything too big. My main area is about 9 or 10 s/f (about 1 sqm) so I have an oscillating fan in there.

1 Like

Just planted a flat of seeds in @kisorganics water-only soil with a heavy sprinkling of @dynomyco inoculant.

#CreatingAutos in collaboration w\ @shangolos
Future free seeds for patients!

#foulmouth by @dungeonvaultgenetics
#primateog by @dragonwithmatches

And a seed run of
#mauiwowiecherrybomb by @greengenegenetics
#shiskaberry by @breedersteve

30 Likes

Keep me in mine when the Shiskaberry and foul mouth are ready both sound interesting .

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for that Maui I missed it the first time around, your doing great things :grin:

3 Likes

If it’s good enough to have the dice man on the pack it has my attention :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

10 Likes

Shiskaberry…whaaa??? Is breeder Steve still making seeds?

3 Likes

I hear he’s in Colombia with a huge project churning out good stuff… ? eh?

https://twitter.com/breeder_steve?lang=en

:evergreen_tree:

11 Likes

Sweet, he had some classics. A friend used to have a grapefruit cutting from way back that was really amazing. I wonder if the new shiska is similar to the original?

6 Likes

The last podcast I heard with him he was talking about it then. I wonder how things are going? Big, it looks like.

3 Likes

I believe the seeds I have are from an old line of it.

6 Likes