Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

Welcome to OG man :+1:

3 Likes

I just wanted to update this post. Received my seed order from Terpy Seeds today. I ordered on 12/4 but the one pack I ordered was a pre-order that was a little less than a week away from dropping, so that obviously added to the shipping timeline. Still, 12 days is not too bad.

I got a decent amount of freebies (the row on the left is the freebies).

And everything appears to have come in the original breeder packs (afaik, never ordered from any of those 3 breeders before).

I wasn’t aware of some of the controversy on 808 genetics and their crippy before I ordered (I read a bit on them here after ordering). But for the price they were ($35/pack and I got 2 free 5 packs of another 808 strain), it’s not like I’m out much if they’re bunk. And that has nothing to do with Terpy seeds anyway.

5 Likes

ARCHIVE GENETICS i haven’t failed to find a keeper in nearly all packs I’ve hunted all fire

3 Likes

in Canada i have been using old school money order and a mailbox with GTASB. Beans are sent in the original package. Come in a timely fashion 7 days thru the mail.

Hope to.

Right now I’ve got my OLD crosses “CPeak” i.e. C99 X (C99 X Peak19), backcross of C99, Kwik Seed’s stock Afghani Mix and Master Kush 90 X Afghani 90 going. 8 are up out of 9. Pure indicas are really vigorous.

The Monkey Balls I grew is some really fine smoke!

1 Like

I can spend hours checking out stock at Mandala. Their landraces are really nice.

For example, I remember the really fine euphoric Lebanon Blond hash we used to get back in the late 60’s. Sonabitch if I didn’t stumble on this while browsing their stock.

7 Likes

HumboldtCSI… He will fuck around and send you a lifetime supply of seeds in one order. Stand-up dude and quality genetics. I will always have positive shit to say about CSI

11 Likes

Psa,
Stay away from Helladank Seedbank. I ordered from them a few years ago and it took forever to get my order and hardly any of the seeds i got popped. I read they are under new ownership and were trying to make improvements so i gave them another shot. This time I actually got my order faster than i ever have from any other seedbank. ( 2 days). Unfortunately, none of my seeds popped this time and I cant recommend this place.

3 Likes

Does anyone have a List of the names of all the white lable seed companies, so that new people know who to avoid so that we at least know the seeds we are getting are the actual genetics we ordered?

I know places like these two, but I dont know all of them, feel free to throw up your list if you have one, or add what i list. The two im pretty sure are while lable that I personally Know of:

Royal Queen Seeds
Blimburn seeds

3 Likes

Great idea! I would certainly be interested in downloading and printing a list of trusted sellers.

Thanks @Ace71975 for the two you listed.

1 Like

The two I listed will send you seeds, but they are white lable companies so you may or may not get the genetics you ordered. If you order, for example, White Widow Auto, you may end up getting some unknown mid strain crossed with ruderalis. No way to be sure you are actually getting the cross you ordered.

Look up the video “The ABC’s of Fake Seeds” on Youtube, its by Darkhorse Genetics, he covers the whole thing pretty well.

3 Likes

Buy direct from breeders, that’s how I solved this issue.

8 Likes

Us new people often dont know who the breeders are, and especially if you want Older strains or Landraces, it gets ever tougher to know where to go. I mean sure if you want the latest hot cross you can find the info on the breeder pretty easy, but if you want say some old school Lambs bread, finding the breeder might be impossible.

5 Likes

This is a good point, I feel fortunate that I was able to circumnavigate the bullshit fairly early. It would be cool to help others dodge the dodgy if we can help.

2 Likes

Lambs bread is available right here on the OG, its been passed around a bunch. Actual lambs bread, not the fake auto crosses being sold as it.

Great Lakes Genetics is a great place to start for quality at an extremely fair price.

11 Likes

Canuk Seeds
Crop King
ILGM
Blimburn
HSC not to be confused with HSO
Dr.Blaze
Are all white labels as well

6 Likes

Is Herbie’s also a white label?

1 Like

I’ve had good business with:

Great Lakes Genetics, always.
North Atlantic
Chitown
Wolfpack Selections
Brothers Grimm
Multiverse

6 Likes

Just got a Sample of a Strain from Multiverse Beans called Event Horizon, I guess its so new that the guy who hooked me up with the 3 seed sample pack doesnt even have the genetics linage yet. All I know about it is that its an Auto Fem.

2 Likes

This kind of saddens me to find out about Blimburn but also lines up with how I felt about the harvest from growing some Black Cherry Soda. That being said I already came to the conclusion that I enjoy buying, supporting and testing out seeds from small batch breeders alot more than chasing new strains from large seedbanks.

6 Likes