Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

i put myself in the pov of someone who runs a business where the customer is more interested in the free shit you add on and i think its simple supply and demand. youre going to get less quality genetics over time if the people making the seeds are forced to make more of them. or if the culture is simply about creating the most seeds, do you want to live in a world overgrown with bammer weed?

3 Likes

Anyone ever use premium seed market? They have a few strains I want. But I have never used them

2 Likes

Just figured I would give feedback on seed cellar. While I have tried many banks, this is the only one that really sucked.

I bought a 5 pack of fems, cotton candy kush. i kept them in the fridge in their sealed pack for a few months. none of the seeds were good. if you see my grow log, this is documented as well as the successes I had from other seeds banks across 20+ varieties.

all of seed cellarā€™s seeds produced a small tail, but they die shortly after. i tried planting immediately at the sign of a tail and also tried waiting for it to get longer. it doesnā€™t get longer. it shrinks up and dies. 3mm max. The first two i planted seemed to try to do something, but got stuck and never surfaced. I did a post mortem after a couple weeks.

After informing seed cellar, they offered me 10% off. I lost 100% of what i bought from them. Itā€™s just 50 bucks, so not going to break the bank if they have bad customer service. I donā€™t think purchasing from this company is a good idea. I know i wonā€™t do it again. The bigger issue is they intend to continue to sell these bunk seeds to unsuspecting consumers.

The only way a company like this learns if people stop buying from them.

They are ignoring my messages for now as apparently standing behind the product they sell is just too much for them.

i will post this elsewhere to raise awareness. Seed Cellar had a choice, they said they were only willing to lose 10% on my next purchaseā€¦I am thinking they will lose more than that if even a single person decides not to buy from them as a result of me spreading this information.

Iā€™ve bought from well trusted and not well trusted banks with success all around. Only this company was a problem.

8 Likes

Has anyone tried oaseeds? I believe itā€™s spelled that way. Also do they ship to usa? I believe they arenā€™t in the states. Thanks

1 Like

Yes, i did - no problems, but theyā€™re from Spain.
Not sure if they ship to USā€¦
What are you looking for?

1 Like

Yes I have heard oaseeds ships to usa

1 Like

@YescaSmoker @CaptainNemo thanks for the info I really appreciate it. Hope you are having a great weekend.:facepunch:

1 Like

Goldenseedbank.com SCAM? MAC1?

1 Like

Iā€™ll Mac on that!

1 Like

Was just checking out Pacific Seeds, thanks for the warning. Think Iā€™ll pass. Been doing this biz for decades and still canā€™t fathom why there is so much corruption, dishonesty, greed.

For the record, Iā€™ve had excellent service with true, quality material from Kwik Seeds and Mandala. Mandalaā€™s on vacation until Jan. 8. Their service is incredible.

After growing out a couple of pure indica varieties, Iā€™m hooked. Reckon I might soak some Deep Chunk and Afghan Mix.

Grow hard,
Uncle Ben

22 Likes

have seen them around , but never ordered from them - some basic stains !

2 Likes

@OldUncleBen do you think youā€™ll do a log of those GT x Panama? Id love to watch that one!

I cant imagine how many of those Styrofoam pellets they must have floating around and stuck to everything by static hahah. At least thatā€™s the first thing I thought of when I opened my order from them and saw those.

Chitownseeds.com
Iā€™m always happy. IMG_0239

IMG_0241 IMG_0242
Black Friday sales

5 Likes

Seedbanks Iā€™ve used and liked outside the US:

• attitude
  • herbieā€™s head shop (herbieā€™s seeds. This used to be my go-to and apparently they now have a U.S. location but I just found that out recently)
  • hemp depot
    -seedsmen

Seedbanks Iā€™ve used and liked in the US:

• Great Lakes genetics (used them numerous times and still run stuff from them. Been running a GG#4 x longbottom leaf cross dragboat Jeff made for years now and a Gg4 x c99 cross motarebel made and auctioned off on their site)
    -seedsherenow (not the best prices though)
  • North Atlantic
  • multiverse beans

I also just placed an order with Terpy Seeds. Iā€™ll update after I receive it. But so far I really like them. I had to call because I had an issue where my payment didnā€™t process correctly and the guy who runs it was super nice on the phone. Very helpful. Seems like a really cool dude. If all goes well they will probably be my new go-to due to prices and how cool the owner was to me on the phone.

They had some awesome sales on some stuff and it looked like their prices on non-sale items were very competitive. Grabbed a pack of Thug Pug peanut butter breath f3 for $50 (10+ reg seeds). A Pack of fresh coast venom breath (garlic snake breath x garlic icing. 10+ reg seeds) on sale for $25 and a 10+ pack of 808 genetics grape stomper OG x crippie on sale for $35.

Had a buddy who ordered gear from Crop King (after I told him not toā€¦lol) and although he received his seeds each time I would Not recommend. Out of all the seeds he cracked, he got 1 good plant of white widow and 1 good OG. Definitely not what Iā€™d call white widow, and it grows very stretchy but it was tasty. Every other pack of white widow he ordered was crap. He also got 1 good supposed ā€œOGā€ plant, but it smelled like apples (nothing like any OG Iā€™ve ever grown). I actually still have a cut of both the widow and ā€œogā€ (whatever it is. I call it apple og but I have no clue what it actually is)

3 Likes

Iā€™ve ordered from the following and been pleased:

ā€“Native Sun Genetics/Cartier Crops (unique strains and some familiar crosses)
ā€“DC Seed Exchange (youā€™ll find many reputable forum members selling their wares here)
ā€“North Atlantic Seed Co (great prices on most gear)

2 Likes

FFor the UK market Ive always used London Seed Centre. They have a physical shop and have been going almost 15 years.

1 Like

Iā€™m liking Herbies too, theyā€™ve got fast shipping from their EU shop too. Itā€™s not a big difference whether you order from NY or the EU, itā€™ll take about a week

4 Likes

This fourm is pretty damn awesome
To.
I have had a lot of kick ass strains
Given for free.
Blueberry diesel
Rotten pineapple
Paps crossses
I mean, this place is fooking awsome

8 Likes

Welcome to OG man :+1:

3 Likes

I just wanted to update this post. Received my seed order from Terpy Seeds today. I ordered on 12/4 but the one pack I ordered was a pre-order that was a little less than a week away from dropping, so that obviously added to the shipping timeline. Still, 12 days is not too bad.

I got a decent amount of freebies (the row on the left is the freebies).

And everything appears to have come in the original breeder packs (afaik, never ordered from any of those 3 breeders before).

I wasnā€™t aware of some of the controversy on 808 genetics and their crippy before I ordered (I read a bit on them here after ordering). But for the price they were ($35/pack and I got 2 free 5 packs of another 808 strain), itā€™s not like Iā€™m out much if theyā€™re bunk. And that has nothing to do with Terpy seeds anyway.

5 Likes