Seed germination FY

anyone have issues with germination ? believe we all have at some time or other. checkout this “bovaria basiana” (BB+ at build-a-soil) it’s a powder and just roll seeds in it and then plant IN soil <no paper towel or pre soak . It a fungi - since using this have never had any no germination issues yet ! seed to final container no transplanting. FYI (used to use paper towel method + heat pad (now a then)( pre-soaking to me floods the seed - have “soaked” also —

3 Likes

Quick Google search lists it as an insecticidal fungus.

Lob

Hmm, very cool, would be interesting to see if it helps with 20+ year old beans

3 Likes

Check this out

There is one more thread but can’t seem to able to find it

2 Likes

so you are telling us that something you spray on mites to kill them grows your old seeds ( COME ON ) also if your seed does not sink tap it and down it will go

3 Likes

Jeremy from Build a Soil is promoting just that with this product. He did a short video about it a month ago.

3 Likes

About 10 drops of peroxide and rest water in shot glass n put in dark cabinet…i always get roots within a day

These germed in 11 hrs

10 Likes

How about throwing them into living soil, the way nature intended.

3 Likes

check out Buil-a-soil.com on "seed germination: besides this they use a wetting agent and apply myco first to the soil then the beans coated with BB+ Pleae check this podcast out to help you understand. (just passing on the podcast info)

this is what I seen !!! thoughts ! have tried jjust about everything besides “praying” over them. best for me is paper towel, seed soaking never worked that well (peroxide ? what does that sub-post to do/help)

I drop em in tap water for 24, then PT usually until they shed their shell. For older seeds I don’t wait to shed the shell but plant in straight coco or rapid rooters. Have had great success going on over 20 years. Old tough beans I use a scalpel to cut off the keel edge and will add a drop or four of Hp. Only had issues twice, both from unknown aged beans that were not stored in any special way, still managed to get a decent number to pop but like 80% of them fizzled and rotted out at like 3inches. I’ve seen people utilize my methods and fail miserably though as well…. Not sure why tbch. Different strokes for different folks perhaps, different tap water ? :thinking:

2 Likes