Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Lucky Charms - Closed

It still is…90+ temps from the warm front, no rain in sight, 53 wildfires throughout the state though only 4 are of significance with 2 areas being evacuated as the hot shots (firefighters from the lower 48) are up here to help at least contain them etc…even tourists are surprised we are having as high temps as we are - thought they would get a reprieve from their normal heat waves back home as we are breaking state records daily now

I read last week, some group in the EU declared that June was the hottest month every recorded on earth…wonder what they’ll say about July?

Thank you

8 Likes

Yeah I heard France was hit hard with a heat wave as well to the point where they feared for public health. Pretty crazy with all that’s happening. I hope it gets better for you all up there and relief comes soon! Those wildfires are unfortunate.

3 Likes

Wow that’s pretty hot!!! Must be quite a job to keep the temps down inside? Outdoor plants must be taking some strain too ?

1 Like

Yeah, least its only 84F with 45% humidity here today…better than yesterday when it reached 89F with 20% humidity so getting a slight reprieve :stuck_out_tongue:

Not really… I run a couple swamp coolers with a block of ice sprinkled with salt from 4pm to 8pm freezing 4 crates of water just for this purpose then kennel the dogs so I can open all the windows and doors using a 6" inline fan from 8pm to 3am then close everything up so it stays cooler…black out curtains help derail the incoming sun from heating up the place too. If we go outside to cook dinner, its after 8pm otherwise its sandwiches and marinating in the pool :stuck_out_tongue:

They are! I have never seen spirea wilt until now…a bit perkier after 4 hrs of running a soaker hose on them though still a ways to go - the catmint is probably hogging it all

The Petunia’s are even having a hard time

The Candy Dawg Auto got burnt up after 1 day of not moving it to the shade…thats ok I am due to make topicals again

The vetch however, isn’t phased by it :smiling_imp: swear its growing faster than ever as this patch was mowed down with a weed whacker 6 days ago

Least the indoor windowsill plants are hanging in there being cooler…I planned to put these outside though don’t have the heart to watch them burn up so inside they stay

Least we are losing ~3 minutes sunshine a day…bring on the August rains and cooler weather!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

21 Likes

try over 100 F / 42 C now for the last 2 weeks and low humidity
luckily only got 3 plants outside and they are shaded at least
indoor plants starting to show stress as I have no AC
as you do I open everything up at night and close everything during the day
but July is usually the hottest month so got my fingers crossed etc

7 Likes

Damn that’s serious heat … you guys have your hands full

2 Likes

Does the RH ever get very low out in ZA? :lion_face: :thinking:

When I hear of people dying from 84F in humid areas it’s always puzzling since we’ve hit 117F but that’s at about 15% RH. My climate is something like LasVegas Jr. or Phoenix Lite, with a dash of S.F. :blush:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Just added my name to the list hopefully not to late shocked that iv missed this thread strain looks rather interesting put me down for a bowl of magical deliciousness ! You rock @MomOnTheRun!

7 Likes

Our summer humidity averages around 50 until it rains. Our winters sit around 25 - 30 with no rain during our winters where I’m at… we have sunny days all winter too hehe hey average about 19 Celcius in winter

4 Likes

What part of the world are you in? It seems like Africa?? The weather is weird here this year, I know that.

3 Likes

Yessir I’m in South Africa in Gauteng province

6 Likes

Alright, the girls have been sectioned off with a 2mil plastic sheet

Dusted the sectioned off branches with the fem pollen

Close ups of a couple unpollinated buds

Now its just waiting for the 2 males to do their thing :stuck_out_tongue:

26 Likes

It’s very respectful of you to put up a privacy curtain like that lol. Also, as a Canadian I’ve never seen a northerner be happy to lose minutes of daylight!

We’re pretty hot here but it always is this time of year, at least the humidity isn’t very high usually it’s swampy all summer (and winter). It’s not the heat its the humidity :thinking:

8 Likes

I did consider a zippered plastic bag from a bed comforter though this was much easier :stuck_out_tongue:

I am a drummer that beats to their own tune though gotta admit it is more exciting when we gain daylight :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly! We are at 80% at the moment…all sticky and muggy with no rain in sight - gonna be a loooong day :tired_face:

12 Likes

Dear god would kill for anything less than 95% humidity

10 Likes

I think anyone would :stuck_out_tongue:

I am much happier now that Mother Nature has stopped torturing us up here and we are back to our normal weather of high 60’s, low to mid 70’s with possible rain for the next week…in the heat I become brain dead. I can function though that’s about it with a lot of wandering around quizzically trying to remember what I was looking for, trying to do or make sense of my scribbled notes - the names I have been called…least I appear happy - Today, everyone at work had a pep in their step :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Yeah the humidity geeeezeee… finally summer kicking in around here a tad here and there.

Plants are looking good! Nice job

6 Likes

Our humidity here averages 68%. In the summer we are in the 80’s mostly, sometimes heatwaves hitting 100. I hate the heat and my air conditioner is windows. lol We do however get long stretches in the 70’s for most of the year.

It was 87 at my client’s house today. Summer has kicked in.

It just occurred to me that you aren’t use to watering outside :laughing: Welcome to my world! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Nope! It takes a bit longer for my soil to warm up though the snow/ice melt keeps it a bit boggy til this time of year for about a month then i’ll run the soaker hoses for 6 hrs twice a week and everything flourishes - normally. This year everything is withering an burning with some perennials not flowering Yeaaahhhh I got a taste of your weather - not built for that shit… at all!

Had heat stroke twice in my life visiting down states - 1 time got a concussion passing out and falling onto a group of baskets hitting the back of my skull …totally not fun so I am really heat sensitive so keep that shit down there where it belongs :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Ouch! A friend of mine had the same experience passing out and banging the back of her head. Starting to realize my lightheadedness this past week is probably the same reason, heat.

4 Likes