Seed Run Co-Op F1 ZamaldelicašŸŒ X Grand Daddy Purp šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø (CLOSED)

Just before dark, you can see the entry point(s).
Since itā€™s in your house, you canā€™t use my favorite waspinator, gunpowder.

3 Likes

I try to leave them alone but itā€™s getting out of hand. I hear peppermint oil works on wasps. Several wasp nest. Maybe three. They got an expansion pack added to their game. Coolest part of the day is best to go up. When itā€™s above 75 degrees theyā€™re pissy. The key is to be still and use the electric fly swatter to buy a few minutes so I can feed the plants.

9 Likes

Shit. Too bad you didnā€™t think ahead and put up hives. Would have made nice polllinatorsšŸ‘

4 Likes

good luck man cat wait to see what comes from these looks like your putting a good amount of work into this

4 Likes

Might sound cruel but I spray the fucks with wd40 the weight of the oil makes them drop right out of the air

5 Likes

when its cool get a shop vacuum and with a long tube and just suck em up! seriously the easiest way iā€™ve found. they attack the end of the tube, not you ā€¦ ZOOOP.

11 Likes

Thats an idea I havent thought of @Danonly Thanks dude. @TheShowMeHomie I wont risk it with my eyes or lefthands seeds. Turning the fans off really piss them off.

18 Likes

Man catching up on this post was a roller coaster hope your doing okay v . Keep it OG

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea outside too.

2 Likes

Brake clean works good also haha.

6 Likes

Ok were closed on adding to the receiving list. Just scanned that list and about shit my self.

16 Likes

A tribute to how much anticipation there is for this project.

5 Likes

Patio Eden by Maad Brands - Wasp Nest Decoy - 3 Pack- Eco Friendly Hanging Wasp Repellent https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LGH3FM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_w1.GEbTKP8PYW

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Hey Man, Iā€™m just glad you are feeling a lot better. So good to hear back from you after the Dec/ Jan scares.

4 Likes

I came across this

6 Likes

Thanks man. Iā€™m getting the hang of PTSD. I should of died. Unfortunately Iā€™ve had three blood infections since the near death experience. Right now Iā€™m feeling a little seasonal allergies (I hope). But itā€™s been a weird rollercoaster this past 6 months. I donā€™t read the new very often because it effects my anxiety badly. When I do force myself itā€™s just to get a feel whatā€™s on peoples hearts and minds so I can discern my environment.

13 Likes

Man, I love my wasps, but youā€™re right. You donā€™t want them nesting above your plants. Theyā€™re great predators. Notice the one in the pic is under the leafā€¦ looking for eggs probably.

Itā€™s best to find out which wasp youā€™re dealing with first. I found out the majority of mine are European paper wasp and are famous plant predators. I keep a couple of 5 gallon buckets full of water outside to gas the chlorine off a day before I use it. It gets hot here in summer and the wasps come to the buckets like horses and drink water all day long.

Sometimes they get hung up in the water and canā€™t get out. So, all summer long I rescue the wasps. It helped my fear of them. I never got stung. I would let them recover on my hand or arm until they could fly. It was really interesting. They always go through a ritual of wiping all water off all over. It takes them a few minutes and I always watchā€¦ theyā€™re actually really cool once I realized they were harvesting bugs from my pot. :grin:

But, I have been stung when Iā€™ve disturbed their nest or one of them accidentally. Other than that, I swear it seems like they realize youā€™re okay, especially when you always save them from the bucket, lol ā€¦ I have a really cool insect, bird, and reptile community here. Nobody has used pesticides anywhere near here I guess, so itā€™s very rich and diverse, and itā€™s a source of my entertainment all summer while stoned. :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Inspiring story @GMan.
I get a mix of yellow jackets and paper wasp. I never get stung by the yellow jackets. The last set of pics i posted did come with the price of being stung by my paper wasps. As far as plant care it does hinder my ability to check PH levels and basic maintenance on the plants. The sub room I used is becoming filled everyday with more plants. The Attic is huge. Ive only built half of it with flooring the nest is somewhere on the unbuilt side and with open vents they have access to the outdoorsā€¦looks like ill be finishing it up this summer for a 30 ft Ɨ 7 grow area.

6 Likes

Why donā€™t you wear some sort of rubber gloves and long sleeve jacket when you need to check stuff.
I wonder if they can be calmed down with smoke like bees. Roll a big phat joint and smoke it while doing your chores near the wasps hehehe

5 Likes

I cant smoke weed like i used to. A joint will last me a few days now. 3 to 4 weeks and I can harvest and do some cleaning and rebuilding. By that time theyll have new sources for food. Most of all they are drawn by the lights. So a few weeks with the lights off should get them out of this routine of swarming the lights, maybe get them to focus on food outside. Its vegging time of year anyways. The heat in the summer is hard on my lights not to mention flowering plants.

6 Likes