Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 1)

Those things got grabbed by customs. The dirty bastards. I’m expecting different mail now. Hehe

2 Likes

Man thats swinging grass right there. Lol I just figured out how to view those images hahaha. Oooh I’m a dummie. Don’t second that. That’s a pretty plant. If like to try a straight Maui line. If something like that still exists I don’t know as ive never had anything to compare.

I hear there’s so many strains that came out of the upper left coast. Anyone smoked Matanuska Thunderfuck or have access to legit seeds. I saw Alaskan Thunderfuck. I’m pretty sure it’s Matanuska though. I remembering hearing of Emerald gold? I think. I’m digging. What happened to the old kind bc bud. That was some of my favorite.

Never new strain names it was always BC, Beasters, KB. I don’t see pot like that. DP was one of like 10 when I was a kid
WW or WR
BB
NL#5
Super Skunk
Big Bud
Cindy
Nevilles Haze
G13 (ghash)
Early Girl
Afghan
Calio-O

Always wanted to run Strawberry Cough, Boggle gum, sweet tooth, Mr Nice’s Stuff. I’ll get there. I’m collecting for preservation. I think it’s a cool hobby to collect, catagorize, trade, and give your crosses away. I’m sure I’ll stumble on strains that ive wanted. When the time comes I’ll try some AE’s stuff. The Testarossa sounds good and I want Garlic Cookies.

That’s all. Hehehe.:laughing: In due time. It’s all in fun. Y’all have a good one and be safe.
-J

10 Likes

Hi 50state,

I saw the list you had put out a while ago, just now. Not sure if you have any more Sunshine Daydream #4s left, but if you do, I would like to trade for some. I harvested seeds of Dragon Flame Dragon Kush this past March. There is a male Vietnamese showing right now, with three other Vietnamese that haven’t shown their sex yet. I am hoping there will be females so I can pollinate them with the male. The Landrace Team seeds are darn expensive - 90 Euros for ten seeds.

I have a lot of sativa and sativa doms in seed form. Will make seeds of some Ace hazes and Golden Tiger if I find a nice male. Maybe use Apollo 11 x 13 x 13 as a father on the long flowering sats to bring down flowering time.

I’m just a chucker, not a breeder, so anything I mention is just a cross. the only selections I’ve done is in not using hermies, and discarding plants that don’t grow well.

I just sent a pack of Sunshine Daydream to a member here as a gift as it didn’t interest me that much. The SD #4 though I would grow.

8 Likes

I’m having a server fund charity seed sale right now here on OG. I have 50 and 100 seed packs of the SS4 f2 for 50 and 100 Canadian dollars if that interests you.

8 Likes

OK, Where do I send the $50 to?

4 Likes

You missed it…

10 Likes

Ive got white rhino x mint chocolate chip I’d be willing to trade.

3 Likes

Thank you! It would be fun to have though not useful for this specific project. Can you see Pedro’s seed coop post?

3 Likes

Open for trade:
in house- zilky smooth
obs- pineapple shocker
bad dawg- stardawg x apollo13 f4 (6 pack)
joker genetics- Victoria secret: purple buckeye x (mk x kimbo)

4 Likes

Maybe a bean ring would be a good game to have on here.
Good way to get everybody’s work out there and a chance to pick up something you never expected.

Goes like this:

Somebody starts this thing by placing a quantity of beans up.
It can be breeder packs and work done by people here.

Then the first person to claim it then has to put up something equal to or better than what was up on the block before.

Then others get a chance at what that person
put up.
Then it just repeats itself.

Now all this is on good faith with a timely delivery being a must.
I’ve seen very good outcomes and very happy campers over this game.

If a person claims a breeder Pak he can throw 15 “homemade” beans in the ring to equal the breeder Pak.

If in fact the person that claims the beans puts something in the ring that nobody claims for a week then that person is responsible to change what’s in the ring.

This can get very fast moving and an excellent way to broaden your collection.

I’m starting a seperate thread on here and I’ll even start it.

16 Likes

It’s been tried in Canada twice disappeared twice. If it was tried again I’d say only trusted trading partners be included, people with way too many seeds that are not a flight risk.

I’d be down with trying it again here in Canada again.

16 Likes

That’s interesting. I have lots of untested crosses, all of great genetics. Might be fun.

4 Likes

She went like clock work at CC.
If you don’t think she’ll fly then well just put it by the side.
Thanks for the heads up

6 Likes

Sounds fun … either joining in or just to watch … can only imagine the gems that might fly … given the time differences will also make it exciting … might just have to stay up late a few times hahaha

6 Likes

This sounds awesome.

3 Likes

I believe a minimum of 3 months membership and 50 or 100 posts to gain access to the ring should weed out untrustworthy people.

Also an embedded feedback system right on our profiles would also do wonders for this site, something simple:
Feedback link on the profile opens feedback page with two folders.
Folder 1 trading feedback
Folder 2 general feedback

Actually @LemonadeJoe you might want to look at this.

I have seen this system used on another site/forum and I think it would fit rather nicely in OG.

6 Likes

problem with general feedback is that f’cked up people, trolls etc.
write negative stuff and it stays forever
have to include some kind of control including personal, public and admin
not as easy as it sounds

9 Likes

There is also a way around that, you can have an option to see suppose you looking me up, feedback left by Hempire420 / received by Hempire420 on both trade and general.
The trade side could just be a simple positive and negative tick box to work out an overall percentage of positive Vs negative, and also an explanation text box for the usual “just received it, thanks/ didn’t receive anything”.

With a system like that, trolls and scammers will stick out like a sore thumb because you can see feedback trends for everybody.

4 Likes

I think a system for new traders would be have the new one send first and after it’s been received in hand not just a tracking number on a empty envelope (actually happened to me) then and only then should the newbie get sent there package. Put a 3 or 4 first trades must be done this way and watch all the bullshitters vanish. Because anyone who is a legit person is gonna be cool with that.

5 Likes

I’m sending some packages out today with the sole purpose of putting my name out there as a trusted trader. Not to acquire a bunch of free /cheap genetics and bounce. But to acquire a solid reputation as a reliable dude so that I can still be here swapping beans 20 years from now.

10 Likes