Shaggy's Fantasy Island (A virtual exclusive cannabis community, of sorts.) (Part 1)

Well, I can see it both ways myself.
Kicking the field goal is the thing most coaches would have done, so you do make a very good point.

The Lions don’t have much confidence in their kicker.
They are one of the best in the league on 4th down.
They have the ultimate confidence in their calls and players to get the job done.

This season has been about finding a way to win, but execution is key.
The plan was good and sound if the execution was on point, the game may have gone differently.
But
Kicking and making the field goal would have changed the game too. :smile:

2 Likes

Good afternoon Islanders,
Guys in Atlanta are wrapped up. These are both in Lennox Mall, and the Mall doesn’t really like us because we pushed the work envelope, LOL

You can see the “Hammered” glass at Tiffany’s, and the “Wave” at Louis Vuitton.
Both types are ULTRA expensive, and not very easy to set, thankfully, we have the machinery to set these types of glass.
The “Wave” is entirely custom, I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 pieces, all separated by polished Stainless Steel runner, that conform to dips, you can really see the pattern at the bottom of 1 of the pics.
Starting another project 1st thing in the morning for an “in-town” job. Don’t do too many of these, LOL
Custom Stainless Steel Cladded doors, fabricated by none other than me. LOL

11 Likes

Yes they are selfed regular seeds. I don’t know the ratio of male to female but 75-25??

1 Like

Earlier in the first half they made it look simple AF to convert on 3 and long with a run and 4th and short with either run or pass. Why wouldn’t you keep the offense on the field when your guys were making that shit look easy?

Also….am I the only one hoping the Lions can get Hard Knocks In Season this year? HBO would be stupid not to given how fantastic the Lions playoff games ranked in TV ratings.

3 Likes

I think interestingly, all semi-aquatic turtles are “snapping” turtles, some species are just more docile and less snapish than others. Our girl, Gril is her name, is a red-eared slider. If you ever won a turtle at an elementary school event, it was likely a slider, either red or yellow eared. Sliders generally are much less aggressive than most if not all other species of semi-aquatic turtles.

BTW, semi-aquatic turtles are turtles that must eat in the water but bask to digest their food.

1 Like

I tried to make my own.
That shit is harder to make than I thought.
With every strike of the hammer, glass flew everywhere even in my eyes…LOL
I will leave that for the professionals in the future. :rofl:

Really though, that is some fancy-schmancy work brother. :money_mouth_face:
You ought to be proud of yourself.
From a van with bungee cords to Tiffany’s is one hellava leap :exploding_head:
Nice work!

2 Likes

Those doors look great! The gold of the doors and interior of the Tiffany store is beautifully offset by the blue of the door/window surrounds. I have no doubt the Vuitton doors are every bit as nice in person, but they just don’t pop the same.

Awesome work!

2 Likes

@shag @420noob Aaron Glenn is staying.

Now Holmes just needs to give him someone legit to be CB1, get some help at safety, and D line support can help pass blocking without letting run blocking slide.

1 Like

@mota, the only thing different is the color of the doors and storefront cladding between the 2 brands. Very similar, but different. I’d rather to Tiffany’s PVD Stainless all day long. The best thing about it, it’s durable, it can take a lot of abuse and retain its color.
Louis stores use a tinted (bronze/gold) clear coat, (painted in house), it’s very touchy, doesn’t adhere well, and is pretty much all around junk. We essentially replaced 85% of the metal in that store already. Even using low adhesion tape, it will peel the clear coat right off the Stainless. We even sent some out to PPG, Southern Polyurethane, and 3M. All have tried different processes, adhesion promoters, flash heating etc, and no one can get the stupid shit to adhere.
Hopefully, now that Louis Vuitton own Tiffany’s, we can get behind the right doors with the right PVD samples and get them to convert processes.

1 Like

@shag, LOL
I can imagine the mess you made, LOL
Yes, it’s a LONG way from Rehab Windows in Detroit to where we are now, High End Retail.
Working our 5th outside the U.S. store.
Puerto Rico, Brazil, Germany, England and now working the Dominican Republic.
It’s alway been a “work in progress” since 2000.
We’ve made calculated purchases, grown slowly but steadily, and if we buy any thing expensive, we buy it, we don’t finance it.
When we bought our large press brake, Cincinnati took 3 days to figure out how to get them paid, according to their accounting dept, nobody buys their machines outright, they all finance them. From the girls told us, it’s been almost 18 years since anyone bought a machine outright, that’s why they weren’t set up for it.

1 Like

Plumb outta likes.

The handles aren’t the same are they?

I recall you saying before that you have a spray booth. That’s nice. It’s fucked up about nobody being able to get the clear coat to adhere, and you’re talking having some big boys work on it.

Yeah, they’ll probably go with the Vuitton doors. :roll_eyes: :rofl:

Whatever they decide, clearly your doors exhibit a seriously high degree of professionalism. My hat is off to you.

2 Likes

Oh no, Louis Vuitton realizes now that their tinted clear coat process is flawed. Welcome to Designers and Architects, they “saw it” and that’s what they want, not really thinking of the implications. We are not the only Glazing company to have issues, everyone who’s used their specified tint, has the same problem, it won’t stick to the Stainless very well. Now, we’ve sent samples to some of the heaviest hitters in the industry, and THEY have the same problems, go figure, LOL
Flights to the Paris are coming shortly, to show more samples and have more discussions on the storefront color.
We think we’ve got a PVD supplier that can hit the color spot on for Louis’s Brushed Stainless, just have to get them to give the proper acceptance stamp on our color samples.
Handles are totally different, Louis doors have a Custom Wood/Stainless handle, and Tiffany’s has Custom Mirrored Stainless and Crystal handles.
Just wait until I get to working on the Santa Domingo doors, LOL, this set is more than likely going to be entirely custom, looks like I gotta get out my paint brush and make some more art, LMAO

2 Likes

Hey @shag do you know who I need to speak with to get the supporter badge option?

2 Likes

While I’m sure it wasn’t to the extent you have to, I had to deal with them on occasion before I retired. Buncha damn tools who never used an actual tool.

2 Likes

Maybe @toastyjakes ?

2 Likes

Hey @Cactus, PM the moderators. They take care of that stuff.

Thank you for being a supporter! d8JBdDJ

4 Likes

Oh, let me tell ya, they are something else.
A lot of the problems arise from them going to AIA convention, or builders show to see the “latest & greatest” and immediately start throwing things that they “saw” on drawings and sepc’ing it. The issue is what they saw, is in its infancy, or hasn’t even been produced yet, because they don’t pay attention and realize that what they are seeing isn’t available or is just hitting the market.
An Architect did this exact thing, and the issue was, the stuff hadn’t been produced yet and was still in the design phase, but they saw it, so it has to be available, not even looking at the release dates.
When we did the AIA show, we had samples of PVD coated metal, with signs everywhere that stated “available soon, release date coming” and these morons start putting stuff into drawings when it’s not even to market yet. This is one of the reasons that I’m not in the front office dealing with Project Managers, architects, superintendent because I don’t have patience to deal with idiocy

3 Likes

You mean windows with iron bars on them?:rofl:. Beautiful work

2 Likes

@420noob
Hey bud, don’t forget to send me your address to collect you winnings…

1 Like

Hopefully, that’s why we come here, to get away from it.

4 Likes