Shishkaberry Preservation Run, Open-Pollination

As the title says…Shishkaberry preservation run folks!!

I picked up these Shishkaberry from non other than our very own @ShiskaberrySavior…received these beans what seems to be around 10 years ago…maybe less…maybe more…not quite sure! Lol He might be able to give us a timeframe. :wink:

Started with 30 I believe…gifted a few out to what I thought was a trusting friend who said was doing a seed increase but sadly disappeared…so now left with 19 beans to go through…a good number so I thought!

These were kept in my seed fridge inside a sealed glass container and rice…but unfortunately have had a relatively low germination rate…and what did, have been quite slow to get going…not sure the age of the beans before I got them but I’m gonna give them their best fighting chance!

Of the 19 seeds I tried to germ I’ve had 8 fully germinate and now are above soil!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: A few still need to shed the husk but officially it’s GAME ON!! Was hoping to do a selective breeding on these but we’re going to keep it open as not as many to play with as had planned…either way we’re going for it!

So here they are in all their glory

Enjoy the ride

Alaskagrown

If you have any questions on how signing up and receiving these seeds works, please check this out About the Seed Runs Co-op :warning: Read before you participate as we’ve done our best to address them in one spot instead of in every Preservation Co-Op journal.

Member = Trust Level 2

Regular = Trust Level 3

Note : please show some love, like the thread, comment and engage the discussion. Also, PLEASE add your country next to your username in the sign up to make it easier on the distributors.

Who is your distributor?

Africa: @MikeM
Aus:
Canada: @DougDawson
Latin America: @Vertebrata
UK: @Gaz29
EU: @Swe-can
US: @G-paS

Wiki will open once plants go into flower. :slight_smile:

197 Likes

Don’t mind me while I take a seat in the front row! Sounds like now was the perfect time to begin this run considering the lower germ rates. Wishing you the best of luck with getting a few more to pop up :four_leaf_clover: :peace_symbol:

12 Likes

Shiskaberry :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Sticking around for this one, good luck!

8 Likes

Yeah! Nice one! It’s definately one if my favorites, I grew Shiskaberry for 2.5 years straight! Gonna keep a close eye here!!!

21 Likes

The seed is probably 14/ 15 years at least .so I guess slow starters is to be expected ,I’ve got my fingers crossed they click into high gear for you.

43 Likes

Thanks folks!!

As we can see 5 are doing well, and 3 are lagging behind a bit…got one more seed that broke open…try to be hopeful but it’s just not looking good for that little one…

Wish I would have started these years ago but just wasn’t in the cards at the time…as they say hindsight’s always 20/20 :eyes:

Alaskagrown

35 Likes

Oooooh this is DEFINITELY gonna be good! Ill be keeping up with this one! :v::v::+1::+1:

6 Likes

I had a guessed they were possibly a bit older…even so still…confident these will kick into high gear very soon!

Thanks again my friend for sharing these years ago…I’ll give em my best! :facepunch: :muscle: :heart:

20 Likes

Sounds interesting, I’ve seen quite a few people asking where to find this and never seen anyone have an answer so I’m sure it’ll be appreciated! I’ll be hanging out in the corner, :eyes: and not being creepy…

7 Likes

This one is already off to the race’s…actually hope it’s a male!

And the others…

Alaskagrown

57 Likes

I’m trying to remember they possibly could be 17 if you’ve had them 10 we were remaking fresh seed every 5/7 years back then I believe I’ve got 7 from that same run still in my collection out of thousands .

32 Likes

oh I’m excited for this one. I’ve been wanting to grow good shishkaberry.

7 Likes

I knew your stock was low but damn!! 7 left from thousands… :astonished:

14 Likes

A shishkaberry preservation from seeds from the one and only @ShiskaberrySavior and grown up in @Alaskagrown .

Count me in…

23 Likes

Good luck I’ll be happy to see them growing again it’s been a few .

21 Likes

I grew out something called shishkaberry but I have my doubts if it was legit.

Watching…

7 Likes

Beautiful run thanks @Alaskagrown for doing the run and thanks @ShiskaberrySavior for donating the beans.

Looking forward to this one I’m sending good vibes to the garden :seedling: :+1:

:peace_symbol:

8 Likes

I grew out Shiskaberry from Barney’s Farm about 3 or 4 years ago, IDK how that one translates to this one, anyone?

6 Likes

I remember being hyped up about a shishkaberry almost 15 yrs ago or so…not sure if was Barney’s or another breeder…never ended up getting the seeds. From what I remember it looked suuuper greasy and frosty. Reminds me of the Dynasty Seeds carmel candy kush… Haha, my “1.5 cents”… Actually I kinda have a photographic memory and it is definitely suuuper greasy!!!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

I will be here watching this one for sure! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: :v:

4 Likes