Shit Seeds - Cannabis, Peppers and Grow Supplies

Yeah, I haven’t actually tried keeping this around for longer than it takes to clean - it probably would go rancid, being just vegetable oil. Not exactly the same thing, but pretty close considering I didn’t know I was trying to make it. :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as the lecithin, I thought it was to form an emulsion with the oil and water, which makes it easier to clean. Now I’m suddenly wondering if I was just wasting lecithin and it would work fine without it… gonna have to try and see how it goes, I conveniently have some beakers with traces of RSO downstairs waiting on my laziness. They’ll be waiting a while still, but next time I clean them I’ll see if the lecithin actually helps or not.

2 Likes

I’m going to try and clean a couple bowls with this Bong Armour stuff as well, and see if its a decent enough cleaning solution, or if it should stay in the bong lol

Either way I love to support local companies with ShitSeeds and with my money lol

2 Likes

Lets all test together… OGers get a free bottle of BONG ARMOUR with any purchase over $75. Just leave a note saying OVERGROWer.

6 Likes

I just got done cleaning my beakers of RSO - the mix of vegetable oil, Dr Bronner’s and water mostly did the job cleaning them out. It didn’t do nearly as well as the same mix with lecithin when I tried cleaning my bowl, though. I’m not sure whether the inside of a bong would be more like the inside of my boiling flask, where the resins & oils stay dissolved until the alcohol boils off completely, or the bowl where there’s no liquid at all and the pieces of plant matter stay stuck inside until they end up baked onto the inside. I haven’t used a bong in a while, but I do remember there being pieces of plant matter inside… so yeah, even if I came to a solid conclusion it might not be relevant here. I said I’d follow up on my post though, so I’m doing so even if it seems to be lacking useful information. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, long story short, the lecithin might not be entirely necessary but definitely seems to help. The beakers are clean, but it took longer than last time and I had more trouble cleaning the basin I was washing them in - I think a decent amount of the oil ended up staying on the walls of the basin because there was no lecithin to bind with. I probably wasted more water as well. Not exactly scientific, but I think I’ll be sticking with the lecithin in the future. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well, that’s all very interesting. Thank a ton!

I will ask BONG ARMOUR about the addition of lecithin, but I know they aren’t a bong cleaning item. They’re for protection from resin buildup.

…and I can confirm it works marvelously.

I think the use of veg oil, and anything left behind from it, would promote mold growth microscopically, and stain any clear glass.

FYI - NEW LAUNCH HAPPENING TODAY AT NOON ON THE SITE. FIRST 5 PACKS OF THE LAUNCH GET A FREE PACK WITH IT, BUT WE WILL ADD A BOTTLE OF BONG ARMOUR IF YOU CHOOSE.

3 Likes

Congratulations my friend I just read this

Blessings :pray::pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Papalag
Baby should be busting out any day now. Very excited to meet her.

6 Likes

New Release
BLÜMETTA F1
by nattysknottynursery

BluesGlues x Limetta Afghani

BluesGlues (Blueberry Kush x Gorilla Glue 4) By NattysNottyNursery
Limetta Afghani (Limetta Marmalade x Highland Afghani)
Limetta Marmalade (Cotton Candy Kush/Mimosa) x (Kofee Cake/Sky cuddles Kush)

8 Likes

That sounds pretty dam good!

1 Like

I’m pretty excited to get her popping. This is a new breeder we are working with, and an absolutely outstanding guy.

3 Likes

It is with great sadness that we announce our departure from sponsorship of Overgrow.

Unfortunately, with some changes happening, we no longer have the budget to carry the costs of sponsorship.

This will be our final month as a sponsor. Thank you to everyone that supported us somehow.

13 Likes

:sob:

Are you still gonna be around as a user :spider: ?

5 Likes

You know it brotha! Now you’ll see me just growing, rather than selling too, I guess haha

8 Likes

I’m sorry that you’re not going to be a sponsor, but I understand that with new mouths come new responsibilities.

I’d love to see some baby pics when you feel like sharing my friend.

6 Likes

That’s unfortunate, best of luck bud.

4 Likes

Glad to hear your sticking around . Money can be tight with a new family totally understandable.

4 Likes

That really is too bad. I came across your Buddhas Cane in a photo floating around the Net and thought “I gotta try growing that beauty” so I tracked you down, just so happened it was on THIS site (which I had never been on before).
Ended up buying several strains off you, got the best freebee package I have EVER got from a seller and found the best forum I have ever been on in the history of the internet.

I still have ShitSeeds on my favorites, so it won’t be hard to track you down. Best of luck to you and I’ll still see you around on here. Take care!

5 Likes

Wow, what a fortunate turn of events. I hope you keep in touch and let me know how the growing journey goes. I’m sure there’s more to this story you’re adventuring right now.

1 Like

@Yetigrows @DougDawson @ShiskaberrySavior
Thank you all for your messages, and I’ll be dipping my feet back in again. Just have to focus my attention a little more while my new addition joins us. Once she has her feet on the ground I can refocus again on some extracurriculars sponsorships again haha

ShitSeeds.com will still be rolling with new products and strains always popping up

7 Likes

Here’s 25% off the site until Aug 1st

Coupon Code: "Overgrow"

6 Likes