Should trust level requirements be enhanced?

This thread will be closing this time tomorrow. Please finish up with any final comments.

13 Likes

I love that, nicely said!

2 Likes

I rest my case…LOL

1 Like

They do, co-op action group makes all the rules regarding the co-ops. The forum has nothing to do with it, they just provide a place for it to go down. They can decide if the Overgrower badge counts as TL3 for seed run purposes.

3 Likes

As a noob to this place can someone explain where I find my trust level and what do the green squares mean under my username? Cheers!

1 Like

Here ya go! :wink:

2 Likes

Hey @ChronicMcBudz , no we cannot. While we do make rules for the co-op, we have no influence over the site trust levels. We cannot set exceptions to site trust levels, that would be all LemonadeJoe and the MODs.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly.

1 Like

Historically the only people who worry about respect are kings of forgotten empires. The self absorbed human needs to get over himself.

4 Likes

For someone who cries freedom of speech at every opportunity you sure love to threaten violence when others say something you don’t like.

I’ve read the whole thread and I haven’t seen anyone disrespect you or you family as you often imply (but you’re welcome to provide a quote proving me wrong).

You have been called elitist which I think is accurate. Your arguments are circular and tiresome. You have an almost narcissistic ability to never admit you might be wrong. You pick the low hanging fruit in every comment and make that your only point of contention instead of addressing this entire comment. You go after people making jokes instead of responding to people who have actually sensible arguments.

You seem to have completely skipped over this gem of a comment and only replied where you can create further tension. You’ve been here a year and a half and people seem to like you but you seem to want to use that to create division in the community. I recall you saying you came here after you were banned from another cannabis forum, I think I could see why.

Maybe you should try to sow this kind of division on your private island. You should start finding new ways to rank your island members’ trustworthiness or something. Maybe try to root out some scammers. But you wouldn’t want to crap on your little safe corner of this site that you’ve created. Instead you bring it here and go round and round for weeks and get people stirred up because that guy is level 3 and they’re not.

As long as I’ve been on Overgrow I’ve never seen someone who wanted seeds denied them.

I don’t know why I felt the need to involve myself but thats my piece.

11 Likes

It wasn’t bout ‘signing up for stuff’…more for how it looks.
When it says your ‘Trust Level’ has dropped-- it appears that you fucked up and ‘‘lost the trust’’ of the site/group. This was mentioned by several folks on here.
Can’t BELIEVE how heated and pissed some of you folks get in what SHOULD be a civil adult discussion…

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s fair to compound the misunderstanding of what the trust levels are by augmenting the format. It’s been mentioned several times that the website Trust Level functions are not indicative of an individuals actual trustworthiness, and honestly this shouldn’t really need to be said. If one takes into consideration the necessary requirements for leveling up it should be clear to see that it doesn’t necessarily equate to trustworthiness in terms of sharing private information and details or trading amongst one another privately, ect. I look at the tone of ones comments, their integrity, and look to see love and light.

I also think the idea of letting people keep TL3 regular status when they haven’t been fulfilling the website participation requirements takes away from it’s achievement by those who are actually keeping it with their participation. The only thing that isn’t available from what I can tell is access to the private lounge.

I’m all for consideration of new and special badges to accommodate a growing community, but I don’t think taking one badge for example the regular and regular emeritus badges and giving them to someone who didn’t earn it the same way as others is fair.

@shag I haven’t mentioned it because I don’t want to get into a back and forth but with the constant tone of feeling disrespected in your comments I’ll say that I thought it was disrespectful to the community when I saw your private island thread and it being invite only, yet still a public thread for all to view. If a private thread sure I can understand that but it felt like trying to create division within the community instead of inclusion. I didn’t mention before those feelings because there is so much more in life and on this website that positivity fulfills me which I can focus on instead of those feelings of mine towards your private island group. In a private space that’s fine and cool but holding that space publicly it comes off as clique’y. I mention this because while I find it disrespectful to the website and community, that doesn’t mean what I think should be how everyone else thinks. Also, everything provides relevance and context. We can not have the hot without the cold. As I embrace you and your island with it’s inhabitants as your uniqueness. I would hope you do the same for others, to give them the space to be themselves. If something major is going on, bring it to the attention of the mods and let administration handle it. We are all unique, we won’t always get along, or share the same sense of humor but at the end of the day we all share a common passion of the plant and the OG spirit. It’s up to us how we engage in the world around us and there are so many beautiful and joyful things. It’s why I end my messages with the same two words. They’re for me to help remind myself of what’s important. Much love

16 Likes

out of likes! but im with you on that!

1 Like

Except that the Trust Level system has nothing to do with subjective evaluations of a user’s trustworthiness, as has been said numerous times in this thread and elsewhere on the site. It’s an automated system that tracks a user’s engagement with the forums, in terms of how many threads and posts they read, how many comments they make and where, how many likes they give and how many they receive… over a 100 day period. Nothing else. People not understanding how the system works doesn’t change how the system works.

Except for people who have their TL referenced in their status I couldn’t even tell you offhand who is TL2 and who is TL3… but I am aware of who engages in the site in a substantive manner (even the people who don’t post often, but when they do it’s something of substance).

2 Likes

Often, the only thing people have on a place like this is their reputation or the ‘‘trust’’ of the group. Not everyone reads these threads, so do not KNOW what it actually means.
JMO
THAT SAID- certain people tend to REPEATEDLY use any/every thread that has a heated conversation on it for their own personal soapbox… And it makes them look ignorant, immature and narcissistic…
THAT loses peoples trust in them quicker than any ‘rating’ above their name.
Again…JMO

6 Likes

here i go paraphrasing again, but it appears to be a miscommunication. it seems like @ChronicMcBudz is saying that the co-op committee can adjust the rules for the co-op seed runs to allow the overgrow badge to substitute for the regular badge when qualifying to get seeds from a seed run. perhaps to do a seed run. it seems i make mistakes quite often when doing this.

4 Likes

trolls i guess… thats why im I never try to upset them.

quiet and relaxed life is what i prefoer. no time for this kind of people. hope i’m not going too far owith this. i’ve had enough people like this in my life… especially the last years.

2 Likes

Sigh. Lies make baby Foreigner cry.

1 Like

Yes, I get what he meant, it just wouldn’t let me edit or reply again since it’s in turtle mode. I have posed the question to the action group.

4 Likes

It does. Your feelings are important.

@upstate and @foreigner are giving the opportunity to move on and find ways around.

Would be awesome if you give it a chance. Some kind of proof that war is not an option, and things can be settled on with a bit of collective willing, humility and intelligence.

8 Likes