Should trust level requirements be enhanced?

I know what you do with styrofoam and it’s not proper.

Appreciate it man. Sincerely.

8 Likes

Now that IS offensive @Hashpants
Limited Edition @Foreigner naked calander?

5 Likes

Not limited open source! Nudity for the world!

@Hashpants in orrery m at the creative side but not so much the business side so I could use a manager…

4 Likes

You can tell he just smoked. He’s replying to his own post’s again :laughing:

4 Likes

I love you and much of your interactions with the community @Lady.Zandra63, and it is obvious most others do too. I understand what you are asking consideration for, but I feel that you are placing too much emphasis on being placed in specific boxes that you don’t need to even be considering at your status level :sweat_smile: For example, I may read every new thread and therefore be TL3 but I am highly reclusive and antisocial so I don’t interact much – so in reality I am not as trusted (not liked) of an individual as you and Draig who are quite active at posting and sharing… each of you has built an intimate trust inside the community that no badge can signify: You have personally cultivated a trust based upon 1-1 human interactions that cannot be quantified in numbers nor posts nor likes… we all know you and trust you.

The Overgrow ranking system, on the other hand, is what it is… it ranks users based upon generic usage statistics and the underlying system does not have the intelligence necessary to provide a separate system-maintained badge that would accurately reflect the actual trust bond that is created during human interactions.

I feel that you and Draig have cultivated your own personal level of trust in the community, as each member does within the boundaries of how each of us decides to interact, and you don’t even have a need for a trust badge: I doubt there are any members who do not trust you, and the regular emeritus badge will give you regular status in any situation where any new member might have the question.

:v:

12 Likes

I only came here to make lighthearted banter and clearly lay out my position

Fun times were had by all.

After receiving your calendar these words have taken on a new and uncomfortable meaning.

No need for name calling, we’re all friends here.

Obligatory in before close: Don’t forget to stop by the spare bathroom, I love you all!

7 Likes

One part is warm and one part is fuzzy but I’m not going to say which.

6 Likes

I was only poking fun at the people talking in circles with my Trophy post. I do not have an opinion one way or the other on TL3. I have bounced back and forth and to be honest there was no difference for me between TL 2 or 3/ Whatever my TL is I am able to do everything I did before as if nothing changed.

3 Likes

I just have to say, I really don’t care what my member status level is. I will earn back Regular TL3 when I’m feeling better. Regular Emeritus is fine and it’s the way things are set up. It has 0 to do with receiving seeds I understand it’s about participating in more areas of the site. I have no problem with the rules. I just think calling it Trust Levels are a bit misleading. Activity Levels seem more appropriate. To be honest I haven’t done anything in the private lounge, so as I understand it that’s the only thing that I lost? I’m not out anything. As stated, several times, it isn’t about trust, yet it’s the first word in the description.

My only concern is that then I won’t be able to share more seeds or pollen by creating Wikis or utilize the Co-op to share seeds that I feel might benifit from preservation to the community. I believe if I’m reading correctly, it does not effect my ability to do so?

I heard it mentioned that giving away free seeds was to get attention? This is Overgrow, isn’t that part of the mission, to give and Overgrow the World? To me its also about making people happy. I admit that It gives me joy, but I’d like to think I’m benefits the group as well.

21 Likes

Well said @Draig . As someone who gives out seeds constantly I have heard the same thing. I have been passing out seeds on OG for almost 3 years and have been vilified for it. Always kind of makes me laugh. I have been told plainly that I ruined the site. I mean I have also done 4 co-op runs and had multiple grow journals but some just feel it’s about seeking attention and getting more useless little green dots. Folks need to ask themselves, what have green dots done for you? The answer, not a darn thing, lol. I do love the people here and the interaction. Also love watching folks grow seeds I made, passed out or making their own with my pollen. That makes me feel good so I guess from that perspective I am just a selfish man. Everyone to their own opinion I guess. I won’t stop being me

24 Likes

Not selfish. I get great joy from seeing my seeds grown.

11 Likes

Your sentiments and overall message is absolutely beautiful. This is what I feel the spirit of Overgrow is all about and I agree that the Trust Levels can seem a bit misleading as they imply just that with the shared verbage. It’s a bit over my head technology wise but I believe Trust Levels are part of the forum software and can be found in other forums about different subject matter using the same forum software, they are called Trust Levels on other forums too and are associated with website privileges. Trust between the website and specific users, not user to user. I don’t think the admins chose that verbage and think it’s part of the software bundle.

@DougDawson I truly believe that selfish doesn’t always have to be bad and that it can be good. Your words and perspective are heartwarming. When we can embrace selfishness while uplifting ourselves and those around us is top notch. Much love

8 Likes

With all the respect i have for your activity, there is not a single day when i don’t see someone quoting you in a dithyrambic manner. A couple of guys wanting to debate with you on the quantitative aspect don’t fit at all with the reality you’re describing. Just to replace a context, i’m not very concerned or interested by the subject actually ^^

2 Likes

Very fair point. It is a dumb name for it… I presume it’s baked into the (poorly named) automated system?

Oh c’mon Doug, we all know you’ll do anything for more pips (kidding, obviously).

3 Likes

To all the major contributors and participants here, my favorite phrase:

“Suffer fools gladly, for ye yourselves are wise.”

3 Likes

You’ve been vilified for giving out free seeds? That’s a serious wtf from my perspective. Haters gonna hate I guess…

here in Oz, the more creatively you can insult someone the greater the friendship. “How ya goin ya ugly c**t” is a greeting of endearment. :rofl:

5 Likes

LOL. If anyone is offended just say so and I will delete it. Don’t click on the link if you are easily offended.

16 Likes

This is great. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:
I’m definitely passing that one around town, lol. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Please don’t change @DougDawson ur generosity is greatly appreciated. Can’t imagine anyone vilifying u. Some ppl :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s a great and kind quote but I don’t do this well.

And everyone knows how mean @DougDawson is for giving out free seeds to others how may just be interested or otherwise couldn’t acquire them. What nerve.

Mean old dougdawson

3 Likes