Should trust level requirements be enhanced?

I think your reply is more illuminating, I’m going to remove the wiki I opened in my comment. Thanks for sharing your findings in such a visually digestible way. That’s really cool! Much love

4 Likes

Last time I tried, it didn’t work but I’ll try again… That would be great.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone wants to cut them out… I remember my 1st day on overgrow @misterbee Offered a pack of seeds to me. Probably more than one pack knowing him. I was so taken aback, I thought he must be a cop , lol. I just couldn’t believe that someone that didn’t even know me was willing to give me a pack of seeds prbably worth close to a 100 bucks. He inspired me To be like him. I can’t quite live up to that but I try…
I sure hope he’s okay. His upbeat presence is missed. The guy offered up so many packs of free seeds he probably had two bills to worry about each month. His mortgage, and his stamps!

23 Likes

So if I see a wrench icon after hitting those 3 dots below my name, I can do a wiki? I see it…

7 Likes

You just have to take Lots of pictures until you get a good one. I’ll usually take a picture, then zoom in on it until it fills the screen, Get a screenshot, And post that picture. Having a decent phone helps of course. This one I have now was more expensive than My old one that took better pictures.
Never mind, I just noticed you were using that post To show us a wiki

3 Likes

No, it’s not that as the person I saw do it had never reached TL3. It was either the system glitched and changed a rule or someone did it intentionally. I have no way to say if it was changed back nor if it was on purpose since my query went un answered and I never followed up. Figure they were just busy and missed it.

Hey @Upstate , when you click the 3 little dot’s at the bottom of you last post do you see the wrench icon appear?

4 Likes

Hey! No problem was just trying to contribute to the conversation! I like to participate! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah I see it. Exciting!

3 Likes

Sweet! Teamwork makes the dream work! Much love

1 Like

There you go, so you can make a wiki. Life is good. I just hit the like wall, lol.

9 Likes

Yes but you are the first to offer me advice on pictures… so thanks for that. I’ll practice that a bit and see if I can get shots I’m happy with!:heart::heart::green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

I hit the like wall too! :joy: Just when all the good stuff is happening! :rofl:

2 Likes

Well it’s good that one concern was solved. If nothing else, this resolves one of the big issues folks had being at TL2 and having to ask for someone else to make a wiki so hey, this thread served a good purpose. :v:

3 Likes

Just taking a quick peek @Fat_Man you’ve been here for almost exactly 4 years (2020-2024) and have created just 404 posts over that 4 year period which is an average of 101 posts per year or 8.42 posts per month.

@Sense joined on April 15th I’m assuming of 2023 and so far has created 344 posts which is an average of roughly 110 posts per month.

I’m fairly new to the site myself but I have to wonder if you were more involved more frequently your trust level might be higher?

And trust me no offense intended it was just an observation I made. I am trying to figure out just how someone moves up through the ranks / trust levels.

3 Likes

I DO NOT KNOW THESE EXAMPLE USER’S POSTS.

The problem I see with looking at it strictly from these numbers is post quality. Just saying someone who posts their grow once a week, imo, is much more valuable than someone shouting dibs 20x a night in the free beans thread. Again, not speaking about the people in your example, just your use of stats.

13 Likes

Unfortunately the system seems to go by strict interaction numbers like threads read, replies posted, whatever. I cannot think of a productive way to improve this other than people who do seed runs should definitely qualify for TL3.

7 Likes

Well I do not consider someone sitting on their computer 16 hours a day looking for seed giveaways as much of a participant yet they fly through the ranks.

My grandfather used to tell me all the time:

“Take what you need, but not more then you can use.”

11 Likes

I could be mistaken, but I believe that would have to be done manually. In other words, Joe would have to identify everyone who has performed a seed run and grant them TL3 status. I’m guessing the site has tools for determining trust levels and Joe just selects the criteria.

1 Like

A suggestion I would like to make for ya’ll to consider.

The only members who should qualify for TL3 should be members who do a grow journal from seed to harvest and document it with regular updates, text and photos.

When it’s time for the Spring and Fall boxes it’s a two step process. All TL3 members get first crack at the boxes and if there are some left then the TL2 members get their shot.

6 Likes

This has been suggested previously, and I believe they did not want to leave out those who can not post their grows due to legality issues in their areas.

11 Likes