Should trust level requirements be enhanced?

I’m pretty certain we all have more than we could use in two lifetimes.

6 Likes

All jokes aside…
I take the Trust Level with a grain of salt. You can usually tell who’s here to stay and be a part of things pretty quick as compared to the fly by nights.

15 Likes

I agree.

Rhai88, I don’t participate, but I really enjoy watching your giveaways. It’s like watching the seed wheel of fortune. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah I probably don’t need to be a part of these discussions. Much too frustrating for me to watch another thread roll off 3k - 5k posts in a couple days and then end with no changes in sight.

2 Likes

Call me crazy, but I’d bet my right arm that if a respected member missed out on a seed giveaway, they could DM the person hosting the giveaway and work something out after the fact. I’ve seen it here a million times. I don’t understand the mentality of “the same people are getting all the seeds.”

I’m really not trying to be argumentative. I’m just trying to understand.

10 Likes

Your bet would win you another right arm.

Except DMing for seeds is frowned upon. It would have to be done in public.

Or wink wink nudge nudge in public then go DM.

Even a noob with good manners would likely get the same courtesy.

8 Likes

You’re right. I was thinking trade.

Apologies.

4 Likes

Problem with that is they would lose that status again. If they are not engaging enough to make it to TL3 naturally then they won’t be engaging enough to keep it so that just doesn’t work IMO.

This has been discussed many many times, that is not fair to those in illegal areas. Exposing yourself to possible repercussions just to advance a trust level on a web site would be insane.

Some don’t see the need for such changes but I get your point. That said, your post is only #104 after 6 days of the thread being live. Have no fear, this same exact discussion will come around again, it always does. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Lol all the noobs in here talking about trust levels :joy:

I’ve already posted a journal in 2020 ( I’m in a hang’em state” hopefully the statue of limitations has run out but yeah . I’ve been here several times a day for 3-4 years checking in , messaging friends ect…. But like I said it’s bs when you got noobs being here a month or 2 getting regular status. Also I still signed up as a tier 3 lol. @Upstate told me he had me covered either way. :sunglasses: ( hell everyone in here except foreigner and Doug Dawson) I’ve never heard of seen SO MANY people come and go over the years ( noobs)
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

don’t they keep the emeritus though and the same rights as regular?

I can see that, it only takes 50 days to reach TL3 if you come here ever day and meet all the requirements for posting and reading. I can understand how that might be a bit frustrating to some.

Not really. All the Regular Emeritus badge does is allow TL2 members with the badge to sign up for seed runs under TL3. That is the only benefit to it. You still go back to TL2 like levels and lose access to the private lounge. The only other thing would be making a wiki but it appears that TL2 members can do that so it’s just the 2 previous things. Also I don’t consider the number of likes you get to give to be some kind of big thing. Sure many would like more but one can just as easily make a comment in a thread to show you liked a post. Would be much better interaction than just dropping a cartoon heart IMO.

5 Likes

Think of all the cool secret action you’d be missing out on!

7 Likes

I received a message a couple of days ago telling me I had access to the Lounge. I thought it was going to be like Delta Airlines Sky Club. Waitresses, cocktails, cigars and foot massages.

I found a dusty old chair with a 1973 issue of High Times on the table.

Still, it was cool to be a member :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Mine said “take all you want but eat all you take”
Appalachian people are very food motivated.

11 Likes

I can’t believe you talked smack on cartoon hearts like that Doug. Take that back.

2 Likes

so if the only benefit to it is access to the private lounge and more likes, what’s the big deal? i’ll give up my access to the private lounge for someone if they want it. i can’t wait to get access to the mantis zone.

3 Likes

Can’t argue that! I’m Upstate. Seed whore.

Gotta love the old sayings. Good ol Gramps.

I’m not against people figuring out the system and rising in trust level quicker. It gets people excited about being here, and helps to make them feel like they belong. I get that. About those extra likes tho…
And tl3 status for coop seedruns done here on OG. A documented seedrun. More people might do coop runs with this small change.

7 Likes

As simple as to manually give perpetual TL3 status to those who earned the Overgrower badge for completing a seed run, easy does it… beer3|nullxnull

10 Likes

I participated in the Appalachian Christmas event for six years. The people I met there maintained their pride and dignity when there wasn’t much to go around.

3 Likes