Site Update February 2020 - What has changed

Yes /growfaq is not part of the update unfortunately… There is a lot of work with updating source code for this feature to be compatible with latest forum. There were many of pressing issues that forced me to upgrade the forums and leave growfaq behind… I hope to reinstate it in few weeks / months…

Good news!

Avatars are now fully regenerated.

Please use hard reload in your browser (in Chrome it is CTRL+ click reload or shift + click reload)… How to hard reload different browser is described here.

Have you turned off Live notifications in your preferences?

What browser do you use?

4 Likes

Yes, had them off. Firefox 72.0.1 (64-bit)/Win7 :blush:

I’ve thought about updating GrowFAQ to “2.0” by assembling some devoted members for a thorough cleaning-up/refreshing.

As a lurker & beginning member I used it MUCH more than now but it was more efficient than reading dozens of posts.

What does @TeamOG think about a GrowFAQ updating?

:evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

Probably a good idea, technology and knowledge is changing all the time. Maybe add something for leaf deficiency diagnosis, if its not there already, there are always people not sure what is going on with their plants and asking questions.

7 Likes

Hey guys sorry to bother y’all as I am sure its been posted somewhere. What’s the new file size limit for photos?

2 Likes
7 Likes

Thanks Joe. Appreciate everything you guys do… Have a good day man.

5 Likes

I always compress my pics to their minimum, usually around 750kb to 1mb range as well as tweak the light and contrast as my camera is crap lol.

4 Likes

Was wondering if it is possible to make ‘post’ dates stay longer …when counting weeks to see how long a plant flowered from posts I see that the date expires. If it is not a lot of trouble I would ask if we can make this date stay longer?

Is a ‘days since post’ flag/feature useful enough to implement?
Edit: posted here since this might have been changed

1 Like

Date expires but days are on the upper right hand side, count them down.
Will get you in the ballpark anyway.

Do you mean time stamp in top right corner of each post?

There are two modes: time since posted and for old posts it changes to actual date.

1 Like

right it shows …err nevermind…when I click on date it shows dialog box with the info I wanted …likely issue was pbkbac

1 Like

:mega: New feature: Add table of contents to your post

5 Likes

@LemonadeJoe Does overgrow get revenue for every click of the adds that are floating around?

2 Likes

I’m currently experimenting with partnered sites to monetize some ad space using various models (CPM, CPC and CPA).

5 Likes

So does the site get paid if I click on every add lol. Cause I’ll click em all if so

4 Likes

Haha :slight_smile: Thanks for help, but no, it doesn’t work that way :slight_smile: (it may actually trigger the opposite - marking your clicks as fraud :slight_smile: ) …

Please only click if your interest in the product or service is genuine :slight_smile:

6 Likes

New design called “User card directory” has been applied to user list.

https://overgrow.com/u

Looks great when you add your bio and set background image in your profile :smiley:

Also FIY behaviour of Pinned topics has changed. More in this topic: Change of default behaviour for Pinned topics

7 Likes

Hi Joe. Any up-date on this?

2 Likes

+1 for the zoom in multi-image posts.

3 Likes