Slick1's kick in the ass grow

yeah there are 2 rows of them running along the top, just like the other points but they are sealed, no holes in those points. at least that’s how they are on the real ones. definitely beneficial if you don’t have them set up that way.

1 Like

I’m really starting to wonder if it’s me at this point :thinking: The little Orange Grove I started with had a busted wing right out of the gate. Now the Lavender Frosting that replaced it has a bad wing and is growing a little funky. Never seen this before these two.

I’ll just let her do her thing and might transplant soon.

The Ghost Rose is just chugging along pretty good for 12/12

And look at these badboys!

13 Likes

They’re looking beautiful. Congrats!!! :hugs: The last shots are from the Ghost Rose? Grand!!

1 Like

The ghost rose is the second smallest one. The last shots are the seed pods forming on the Chocolate Thai. I pollinated one branch with Orange Grove.

2 Likes

Friggin light has a mind of it’s own today. Turned off at some point during the day, no idea how long it was out but probably not very long. Got it working again after I unplugged it for awhile. It’s on and stayed on… past when it was supposed to go out. I spun the timer to turn it off cause it got about 15 minutes off with the earlier BS.

That was 7:15 and as far as I know it’s been off since. Was ready to head to bed and saw the light glowing under the door! Timer shows right time for dark and well into it and the light just said F’ it. Hoping it wasn’t too long and it all didn’t stress them too much. Guess I need a new timer.

2 Likes

I got a deficiency or something going on for sure on the CT. Some of the bottom leaves have been fading a little faster than I’d like to see at this point but now I’ve got some burnt tips and some chicken pox going on. I gave her calmag on the last feed and this has popped up since then. Anyone know what I’m looking at here?

In happier news the Ghost Rose put out some nice long pistils already

And the little Lavender Frosting is confusing me but seems happy other than her odd growth. Maybe she’s just unhappy about the 12/12 and is showing me.

Also I became aware a member here could use some Pennywise beans. Me and my GF both rely on it since it’s a great medicinal strain and I have a few of them left I planned to make seeds with in the future anyway. Well fitting with the theme and title of the thread I now have the kick in the ass to do it now so my beans are floating.

Here’s a super exciting picture of two small seeds floating in a white mug. I would advise no small children or those with heart conditions view this picture because of the risk of tachycardia (that’s medical speak for heart racing excitement).

10 Likes

Looks like Jack and the Beanstalk, or rather, the sorcerer’s apprentice!? Soon we’ll see, “BOOM!” Seeds flying through places never thought or seen before!!! LOL! Messing with you friend!! Your ladies are looking legit!! Congrats!! Now, is that a seed run in the making!? I’ll keep an eye!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :pray: :hugs:

1 Like

I’m going to ask Jeff Bezos to take a few beans to space with him!

Yeah seedrun on the Pennywise. It’s a Subcool strain 1:1 THC/CBD. Nice mellow smoke but also great for aches and pains. Made a topical out of it that works great.

3 Likes

How do you make your topical? I did just harvest 1 cbg grapey Walter and I’m about to harvest a cbg fantasmo, I want to make infused coconut oil with the buds, but I was thinking about a topical with the sugar trim. Would that be possible? Otherwise I’ll just run it for some cbg bubble hash.

I harvested when I saw the first amber trich. I know cbg is a precursor cannabinoid and I don’t want it to degrade into CBD, cbn, THC or any of the many many others

1 Like

I infuse into coconut oil first for it. I also infused food grade French lavender petals into some coconut oil because there was supposed to be some benefit to it but other people use different stuff like mint and essential oils. The one thing the lavender undoubtedly did was mask the weed scent pretty well but it’s an optional step. Combine the two infused oils together and then heat up medical grade beeswax on low heat and mix it in. The beeswax makes it a little more solid and it stays in place better plus supposedly it works with your body heat to help with absorption from what I’ve read.

My GF’s neck and SI joints get bad sometimes and the salve has turned her neck around in minutes and helped a lot with her SI. I have a bad knee and it helps with the pain in there a lot and has even stopped spasms in it. I figure you’ve dabbled enough I’d post the overview instead of the recipe and process but if you want the more detailed version I could post it or PM.

5 Likes

Do you decarb first or in the infusion step? I like 175 for about 12 hours. Seems to activate everything orally.

I have bitter orange oil and peppermint oils on hand. And pure d-limonene. I’ve read the limonene makes amazing extracts, but you need to re-distill it again first before if you want it to be dab-able.

1 Like

I did. Some people say you don’t have to for a topical but I figured it couldn’t hurt. I did 230 for a half hour or 40 minutes. I infuse the coconut oil in a mason jar in a boiling pot of water for 2 hours and there’s people that say that will decarb it as it infuses but my way worked so I’m not fixing something that isn’t broken.

2 Likes

I’ve done jars with oil and herb in the oven, crock pot and water bath, they all work. The oven is easiest and I’m lazy so that’s what I do.

1 Like

I’m going to try a water soak first, to remove some chlorophyll before hand. I think it might help with the gross burps after too.

1 Like

I’m a tad confused. Do you get gross burps after applying salves? :flushed: :laughing: I never soaked first but I’ve heard of people doing it, even washing before drying and curing.

I’ve been using this overpriced, but very good, MCT oil from a dispensary every night before bed. I have the strain on hand it’s made from and could make a ton of it. Trying to figure out canna capsules now with infused coconut oil but the math part is holding me up. The dispo has it figured down to every drop from the dropper is half a mg. I want to get it down to one mg per drop because I really like being able to dial a dose in that tight depending on what I’m doing, and I’m a lightweight with edibles anyway.

That’s my next infusion project and it’s something I need to figure out in the next day or two.

Reading that back it wasn’t clear- I can’t figure out the math to get it to where a drop is a mg with my preferred method of using the bottle/dropper so the next best thing will be capsules.

3 Likes

Oh for my edible, but if I just need infused coconut oil, I’ll just do everything at once, then split a portion into a topical.

I use the vegan capsules for supplements, they make sealing ones for oils. Then I use a PTFE pipette and fill them by hand. It’s tedious but I can make a ton while watching a.movie and have a supply for months in the freezer

3 Likes

Something like that was what I was thinking and being able to freeze is a big benefit. Even with capsules I gotta max out my limited mathematical skills to try and hit 5 mg per capsule.

2 Likes

You might want to extract first and then infuse. Just for dosing, like squish rosin or make hash, so you know your starting with a gram of x % move the decimal right one spot and you have the milligrams. Divide by 5 and you have that many doses of 5 mg each

1 Like

That’s definitely more scientific than I was going to do lol. My plan was to use an edible calculator to figure out how many doses, lay out that many caps, and drop one drop at a time into all of them and hope it spread out right :laughing:

4 Likes

Ok, better way. So each 0 capsule is .6ml

Buy a gram of dispo shatter, say it’s 80% that’s 800 mg of THC. Divide by 5, that’s 160, so you need 160 capsules. 160 x .6 is 96ml. Subtract 1 ml for your gram of shatter. So 95 ml coconut oil plus your gram of shatter will give you 160 size 0 capsules at 5mg each.

3 Likes