Smkn is Back and Rarin' To Grow

Another blessing of being back growing and home at OG,a great way to kill the insomnia blues.
So this is about the clones i acquired.First up is RugburnOG.Must admit when dude said its RugburnOG i thought it was a made up name.Being wide awake i did a search and fluck me like a rubber duck,there is in fact a RugburnOG
Indica Dominant Hybrid80% Indica / 20% SativaTHC: 28%

Rug Burn OG is an insanely powerful indica dominant hybrid (80% indica/20% sativa) strain created through crossing the potent Ghost OG X Rare Dankness #1 strains. This bud is infamous among users and non-users alike for its super strong high that can knock even the most experienced users flat on their back. And given its long-lasting effects and powerhouse 16-28% THC level, this claim is totally believable. You’ll feel a slight tingle at the onset of the high in your forehead and behind your eyes before you’re totally catapulted into a stoney cerebral high. This state will leave your mind wandering through deep introspective thoughts and utter and complete mental relaxation. This light tingle will soon become a roar, raging through your body and yanking you down into a sleepy stoney body high in which it’s difficult to properly function. You’ll be utterly and hopelessly sedated, easily dropping off the world into a dreamless sleep. Thanks to these hard-hitting effects, Rug Burn OG is recommended for experienced users suffering from chronic fatigue, depression, and anxiety or stress. It has a sweet citrusy grapefruit flavor and smell with a pungent hint of berry diesel as the nugs are burned. Rug Burn OG buds have minty fluffy nugs with orange hairs and tiny vibrantly white crystal trichomes.

Effects

Body High, Cerebral, Euphoria, Hungry, Relaxing, Sleepy

Relieve Symptoms

Anorexia, Anxiety, Depression, Fatigue, Nausea

Flavors

Citrus, Diesel, Fruity, Grapefruit, Pine

Aromas

Citrus, Diesel, Earthy, Pungent, Spicy
Information about Rug Burn OG:
ORIGINGhost OG and Rare Dankness #1FLOWERING TIME INDOORS7 to 9 weeksFLOWERING TIME OUTDOORSEarly to mid-OctoberPLANT HEIGHT3 to 7 feetTHC CONTENT %16% to 28%

2 images grabbed off google search for what to expect.
20200920_040923
20200920_041039
Sounds and Looks dynamite from description and images

9 Likes

2weeks ago I acquired a decent sized clone of a RugburnOG ,i promptly bent the top over to get her filling out.Starting up the grow again one quest was to try to harvest some bud before Christmas.Seeds was not going to do it.Clones were the answer.This girl after being bent over is ready to give cuttings.The plan is to take 6 cuttings,root and through into flower.Keeping the original in the fabric growbag,she will continue to produce new roots,and also stay bushy throwing up new cuttings for the start of a perpetual harvest.Eventually having 5 cuttings a week going into flower.Given that it has a 7 to 9wk flower time,thats 35 to 45 cuttings in flower,managable as they go in small.

This is my clone of Rugburn OG .
Exhibits vigorous growth,lots of branching from being bent over.Leaves are actually a deep forest green.Will try to take pics in the day time .The flash makes them appear brighter.The clone vegging gives off a boquet of aromas as described.Cannot wait to discover her flower aromas :grin:

What really fascinates me is this plants leaves only have 3 fingers.Looks very much to be on the indica side hoping this finishes at 7wks.
I am also a fan of harvesting some of my indicas while the trichs are still milky as opposed to amber.As it gives a more uppity high.Growing out lots of cuttings allows me to have both.

12 Likes

@Swe-can hey bro,thanks for the like,dont be a stranger your welcome to pop in and chat.Quite a few cool and good peeps to meet on my thread :wink:

4 Likes

Next Clone up is SourTangie
I have 2 clones of this.Definitely see a sativa dominate trait,from the long 7 fingered leaves.So i expect it to take the full flower time.
People are going crazy for Sour Tangie, when working with Sour Diesel an old legendary high yielding strain we not only wanted to capture the deep Danky sweet exhale, but also its hassle free robust reliable genetics which loves it’s nutrients to support commercial harvests, full of funky resin! After pollinating Sour Diesel with Tangie a very proud male with copious amounts of pollen and was also releasing an intense strong honey sweet sent, Sour Tangie was born, With unbelievable aroma of citrus and tangerines, the extracts produced from this award winning strain are phenomenal, Outdoor growing Sour Tangie is highly recommended for its giant massive yields finishing September early October, very good to SCROG,SOG indoors, topping technique to produce a bush full of big heavy colas. If you want the best taste results, then it’s best you grow her in soil. Remember allowing some vertical stretching from 4th week of flowering indoors, and watch these huge buds fill the stretch with stinky sticky resinous colas of a size you will not believe.

MEDICAL BENEFITS: Relieves ADD/ADHD, Stress, Depression, Fatigue, Cancer, Headaches, Muscle spasm, MigrainesGENETICS: 80% Sativa 20% IndicaHEIGHT: 140/160cmINDOOR YIELD: 650g/mOUTDOOR YIELD: 850g per plantTHC: 22%CBD: 1%LINEAGE: Tangi X Sour DieselINDOOR: 8/9 weeksOUTDOOR HARVEST MONTH: Mid October
Images supplied by google of what to look forward to.

10 Likes

SourTangie Clone 1
Was a 6in cutting i got 2 weeks ago.Bent her top over to let the bottom branches catch up,and they are.
Has the long 7 fingered leaves,and gives of bountiful aromas as described.Another i am excited to smell in flower.

Bottom catching up nicely,

9 Likes

SourTangie Clone 2
This girl really liked being bent over.Again has the long 7finger leaves leaning to the sativa side.Filling out nicely for cuttings.

This 2nd pic shows the vigorous growth of the bottom branch from the growth top being bent over.The plan from this girl,it to take the main top and a few cuts just after the top.This will let that bottom branch grow like a plant,while the main stem grows back in.The plan is to have 2 plants in one.An even canopy to collect cuttings for a perpetual harvest.

10 Likes

You are all going by now fluck me this dude is long winded and makes us read to much and he is only starting his grow :rofl::rofl: @Mongobongo can atest to that.My outdoor thread on the old OG had rhousands of posts by the time it was harvest.Fair warning to all.

Todays goals, up-pot the last 5 16oz pots,then put the 7 strains in group firmation as the are scattered in the tent…Take cuttings of the clones. Put new seedlings in seed tray into 16oz cups if i have the motivation and the back allows it.Or that will become part of Mondays goal.:scream:

7 Likes

Well its 830am and still wide awake.They sun is shimmering rising over lake ontario.get beautiful sunrises this time of year from my vantage point facing south towards the lake.Its a balmy 10c this morning.

Good time to ready and transplant the seedlings i started in a seed house.first and last time i use one.Have much better luck just soaking seeds and putting in 16oz cups for germ sprout ratio.First run have 44 of 45 seeds started as healthy flourishing plants.With the same method of soaking seeds,same promix seedling mix and using the seed dome i got 20 out of 40,viable.Thankfully 6 of the 8 SourDieselSnowLotus F2 sprouted.Really wish i had started them in the first seed run to get a better gauge of comparisson to the SDSL F2 crosses i am growing to see which ones lean more to the SDSL side and which lean towards its cross lineage.

The 5 16oz cup ones i will up-pot this afternoon as the 4hr dark cycle starts in an hour for them.And take cuttings from the clones.

Hope everyone has a fantabulous day
Cheers
Smkn

9 Likes

Well the weather forecast did not match my balcony.Started in a hoodie and was in my tshirt 10minutes later.a slight nw breeze with full on sun hitting white painted concrete walls has it feeling in the mid 20s.Cannot wait till next spring and throw 4 plants out there.The little seedlings are loving it all perky in their cups now.

30 years of growing and I learned 2 valuable lessons.
1.Some peeps swear by seed starter kits and have great results.I however do not and it was an extra step having to move them to 16oz cups anyway.

2.Hey Stupid dont fix what is not broken.98% success rate soaking seeds for 24hrs till tap shows and straight into 16oz cups and under the lights with a sheet of poly across the top of the cabinet gives you perfect humidity and success rates.Stick with it.

Well I am of to have a Tim Hortons Coffee and admire the pretty ladies prancing around as i have 2.5hrs till lights come on in tent and then i can transplant the last 5 in 16oz cups to the 1gal bags and then get on to taking cuttings from clones.
Enjoy a beautiful day all.

12 Likes

Welcome Folks to the 2nd Installment of Ghetto Stoner Innovation.
So having transplanted the 20 seedlings from the seedhouse to 16oz cups and having 4hrs to kill until lights came on in tent,to up-pot the last 5 plants to 1gal pots.My thoughts drifted to the clones and taking cutting this evening.

My mind started running through prep and my plan when it hit me.When i last grew i was growing in a 5ftx 5ftx6ft cabinet I made out of white mellomine .Running a 430w hps with 2 small oscillating fans .No exhaust as it was in a room in the basement.Temps ran around 85f with 50% humidity.I always took my cuttings,placed them in glasses filled with water and peroxide and placed them in my cabinet.They would usually show root bump in 4 to 5 days with a 95% success rate.Well i wont get the temps around 85 without a heat pad.Due to being on disability and having forked out the past 3weeks for a 4x8x6.5 tent,1000w hps,4 LED lights,2 8in and 2 4in inline fans and duct for both,10bags of promix seedling mix,6 85l bags of promix premium mix and nutes and additives.things like clone chambers and heat mats took a back seat.

Then the stoner insnovation hit me.And the Ghetto heat pad was in motion.Had an old desk top piviting lamp.Cut part of the reflector to allow a LED flood bulb to fit in.Removed the light from the bracket.

Next i found an old tote containe.Cut a hole in the center of the lid and a slit to the edge to allow the cord and light to fit in the hole in the lid.

Then i put the lid on the container and ran tape around the container to hold the lid in place.And made a hole on all 4 sides to allow for some air flow.

Then i used a few dvd cases on both side to raise the hieght of container so the light hung free and clear of the bottom of the cabinet inside the ghetto humidome i made and wrapped the light base in poly plastic to keep it from getting damp or wet.

Placed a black seed tray on the container and covered the bottom in water,placed cups of clones in tray.tray temp is 82f,dome temp is 78f with 75% humidity.should be ideal to stop leaves from transpiring and focus on root growth,as its best to have your root area warmer than your foliage area.

**Please note i am not encouraging anyone to do this.Simply to demonstrate what a little stoner creativity can do.I am on disability and home more than i am out.If i do go out i will turn off the heat pad for safety purposes We shall see how it goes .

5 Likes

hmmm, been there, done that. got the t-shirt.
In 8 continuous years of indoor growing the only times I ever had pest (mites) issues is bring in clones from the outside. I even shut it down once for 2-3 months to make sure its pest free.
If it was me, id quarantine those clones for 7-10 days. Scrutinize them, if they look pest free over that time then great. Run em. Hopefully this is the case.
I found my cell fone camera works great for looking for small things. I cant see small things for shit anymore and magnifying glasses suck.
Good Luck.

2 Likes

any idea of the true watts pulled from the wall ? from 1 toly?

2 Likes

@Mongobongoi i thoroughly sprayed them in water and then in safers soap. Then they were on the balcony for a few days and inspected before going in the tent.Had them for about 2weeks now so things look good.No damage to any plants.

@Purple_Drank604 I do not know the true what.all i know is i never had plants grow as quick as these ones are under the toly.

2 Likes

i have blurple lights as well i think there called vipairspectra but they do do amazing for seedling and first month of veg also rooting clones. seems to make the plants work into overdrive in the root department . but after 4 weeks of veg seems that everything slows down and i think due to penetration to canopy bottom branches and bottom veg seem to not do anything leaving tops. from my experience so im really interested in seeing how these do in the later veg stages .

2 Likes

Hey Purple its my first time using them.so far i am impressed.We will see as we go on.I also have a brand new 1000w MH/HPS i have not need to use but have on hand incase i do.

1 Like

right on man at least your in the right place so much knowledge shared on this platform. wish ya best of luck nice seeing another Canadian on here cheers from BC .

2 Likes

Silver had it happen when i first started many years ago and learned me lesson.I took precautions and used the zooom on my phone to inspect to as my old eyes are not what they use to be either.
Cheeers

1 Like

@Purple_Drank604 thanks I agree i was a Mentor in the outdoor forum on the old OG and the new OG is even more awesome…Always nice to meet a fellow Canuck
Cheers from Ontario with BC holding a special place in my heart.

1 Like

yea, I eventually got a cutt of a sublime tasting silver haze. loaded with mites.kicked my ass I did that. everything got infected with mites. i dont like spraying shit on em when in flower. Got disgusted and started all over from scratch w/ seedlings.
I found once ya get mites, you cant eliminate them.

2 Likes

Maui Wowie flower from BC. nice sativa high to it.

5 Likes