Smkn is Back and Rarin' To Grow

Just how true is that? I’ve been missing this for years too man. The time is right for us to make a comeback!!

Thanks for the transplanting ideas, I’m gonna try it out. I’ve always done well, but I’m also always looking to improve.

6 Likes

Hey Badger how are you bro.Nice to see you poppin in :slightly_smiling_face: we are the come back kids,well i am a come back ole man now :rofl::rofl: Since i got the beans from Mongo till my equipment arrived I felt the addiction of OverGrow and growing gripping and entwining me.Playing in the dirt,seeing how what we plant and nurture grows and thrives,the pungent smells when you open your tent or cabinet a mix of earth,spice,fruity aromas.The calming and peaceful tranquility of tending to the garden.Every day I realise more how much I missed growing and overgrow. Now back in the Zen and single I can over dose to my addictions and not ruffle feathers :rofl::rofl:

You can also tickle and open the rootball but i made the tutorial more for new growers to learn and gain confidence with little to no worry or stress.I just remember how overwhelmed I felt 30yrs ago when i started growing and how many plants i messed up as a newbie transplanting.Wether it be ripping the roots to over watering…Just want to try and give back to the community what i learned and what the great community of Overgrow gave me.

Cheers bro :+1:

In fact I love OG so much on my Game Golf Clash linked to my FB page this is my game profile.

And i started a post on FB to promote to my friends and news feed.

And my profile pic 20200918_134404

7 Likes

Great tutorial!!
Thanks for posting that. :+1: :sunglasses:

Are you using the same base mix as in the solo cups?

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Hey bro thanks for the kinds words.I am using the Promix premium potting mix in the bags,used the Promix seedling mix in the 16oz cups

Cheers
D

4 Likes

Welcome back to the show! Looks like you’re off to a terrific start, especially since you aren’t a beginner. Everything is in beast mode for you, nice set up. Looking forward to seeing you Harvey a couple of batches.
Good luck, and Happy Growin

4 Likes

@Indoornesian thanks bro for stopping by and the kind words and props :slightly_smiling_face: So happy to be back at the show.I have things set up and going. But its not optimal yet and always thinking of other ideas to make it better,which entails more work :rofl::rofl: In the process of doing the last 17 plants to up-pot now,well back to it after a doob and coffee break.Then tonight i really need to get the 8in inline fans in and set so i can fire up the 1000w hps to intensify the light more.Can never have to much light if you can manage the enviroment.Follow the show,there will be gear in the future to share and grow :grin:
Cheers
Smkn

Dam Canada Post go to post office after 1pm.line up for 40minutes.Dude says oh your package wont be here till Monday pick up after 1pm.so wasted 2hrs i could have been on the garden…really wanted my lights today,its stalling my work progress.

5 Likes

I’m most definitely hangin around for the show.
Maybe come Monday, it won’t be much of a line, and you can get to your set up .

2 Likes

A lot of people wonder about wind or air movement and its effects on plants.25yrs ago i started growing up north on the edge of a Lake in a huge bullrush patch.It was full of areas of real rich black damp to wet soil,which was awesome as I slit the bottom of the plastic 15gal grow bags i used and my plants roots grew down into that rich black soil,reducing my need to water them.I pick the north corner of the lake as this gave me full sun exposure from dawn till dusk.It also ment that from May till September they got pounded by the predominately south west winds.If there was a wind it hit my plants.Up to 80km/hr on stormy days.These things grew like trees.You could stand on the bottom branches,bounce and they held fast

For 6 days my seedlings were in a humid dome,barely any wind.11 days in my tent with a dual 8in fan unit and 2 4in inline fans blowing my tent walls shake but it makes a big difference to a plants structure.

8 Likes

Its one of those things that makes sense in my head lol. Just got to let myself be ok with leaving them alone to see what happens.

2 Likes

Hey @Indoornesian nice to see you again.Yeah hope the line will not be to long.I will be there for 1pm excited to get them,and get them home when the lights turn on at 2pm :grin: pull up a lazy boy we are going to do our best to give you an insane show grow .
Cheers
Smk

3 Likes

Let them blow baby blow :grinning: the harder the better i say.

2 Likes

@SmknCanuck. Good to know. I have a tower fan in my tent and even on low is a pretty hard breeze. Thought about pulling it out and finding another. But after this I think I will just leave it be!!! Thanks!

4 Likes

Im going to throw my oscillating tower fan in with the seedlings. We will see what happens.

3 Likes

Hey Bro thanks for stopping by.Happy to help out.Let it blow baby :wink: only time my fans do not blow is the 4hr dark time the other 20hrs they blow full blast.

1 Like

Awesome choice PGT

1 Like

Oh damn, should I have the fan on the same timer as my lights? Right now it blows 24/7. This is my first grow.

2 Likes

@Joker I have my fans and lights on the same timers.They 4hrs dark cycle is to let them rest and transpire h2o through the leaves.set your fan and light together so they can sleep.

2 Likes

@SmknCanuck. Can’t thank you enough!! Will do that now. It’s been that way for all 43 days. Thank you again sir!!

2 Likes

Anytime bro,you ever need any advice just ask if I cannot answer it ,someone else here can.OG is the best community on the planet…43 days and its been working for you.I just like to let them sleep that 4hrs as they work their asses off the other 20hrs.

3 Likes

So I am quickly discovering or being reminded how much work and back pain given my age now :rofl::rofl: goes in to getting set up and growing.Yet nothing makes me happier or feel as at peace as my Love of growing and chilling with all the amazing peeps here at OG

Got 11 of 17 transplanted today so 6 to do tomorrow and that done for a month they way those roots grew in the 17days from seed soak😭

Thursday Nights transplants growing away

Last nights transplants happy and growing

The SourTangi and Rugburn OG clones just about ready to give cuttings.

Wanna Live grew his first set of undeformed leaves since transplant yesterday.I love this scrappy little plant.

Full length view of the 4ftx8ft tent.

12 Likes