Soil testing, a tutorial for pH, N.P.K. solves most problems

That is so funny - I was thinking the exact same thing, that looks like the same company as the worthless pH probes!

For outdoor I do think soil testing can be important, if you’re not getting good results it could be the answer. It’s going to cost you. I like KAR labs for water testing, the entry-level test is $60 and it goes up from there to test for some of the more exotic petrochemical pollutants.

That’s what you really need, I never get a good result from ph test strips, the color always looks the same. I did a KAR labs water test twice and both times the pH of my well water was 6.2. It’s going to cost you to have a real lab test your soil, extension service sounds like a good option

5 Likes

i have used these for years, fabulous, cheap effective. we diddnt have ph pens in the 70s, well maybe but i never saw any for personal use back then, only lab use. Good thread!! /vouches for this method!

1 Like

Be Nice @Uncle_Al :imp:

Can’t believe I hadn’t seen this before. Kudos man,
p.s. I’ve got some friends of the female persuasion that’ll put a vibration shaker to shame, if you need company. :wink:

2 Likes

i think i’d like to meet your friends :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes