SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

@Vertebrata eaee mano, I told you that here is the better place to get help about strips hehehe
Many thanks @Esrgood4u.
I finished my build using 4x X3 strips and a 240h and need to upload some pics hehe
This lights is fckng awesome!!!

Congratzz @Baudelaire :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

Why. Why whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Delilah

2 Likes

It’s an addiction that needs treatment :rofl:

3 Likes

No with your drivers in series there will not be an increase in brightness. That’s how the constant current works. It adjusts the voltage to the number of strips.

2 Likes

I thought as the strips are capable or running higher than the recommended wattage that if you removed one of them from the series that it would allow you to drive the remaining ones more/higher?? I’m gonna have to do a bit more reading about it all. Thanks @ReikoX.

2 Likes

That’s how it works on parallel. It provides 24 volts to each of the strips and splits the current. But hes running in series which splits the voltage and keeps the current constant 1400 in this case.

2 Likes

There are some HLG drivers on Mercado Livre. Dunno if you can make offers but at least they are already in country.

1 Like

38w/sf in a reflective tent will give you very good strong light over your canopy, and your SolStrips will run very efficiently and for a loooong time. Do not worry, be happy…

1 Like

On your two rack layouts, I agree with @Esrgood4u either will give you very good coverage.
I don’t really get how you would mount #2 without using a lot of framing metal, and I’m already concerned that your extra-wide heatsinks will block airflow around the sinks with just 3 cm of spacing. You should make sure you have healthy general airflow in the space (intake/outtake) but also consider placing a fan to direct air across the sinks. A simple PC fan can make a dramatic difference.

I’d be inclined toward layout #1 for the KISS value, and add two solo SolStrips mounted horizontally at canopy finish height on each of the “ladder sides” of the tent for fill-in light. Use a simple 50w candy bar driver on each side strip, or a single Meanwell CLG-100 dimmable driver if you want dimming. The X2 Red/Blue strips work really well in those positions, throwing their deep red and blue spectrum across the canopy and really helping boosting overall PAR.

1 Like

@Baudelaire. Good evening Mr.Baudelaire, thank you for the tips of the sinks blocking the passage of air, I had not thought of that. And today I realized that the x2 is 2.5cm, so a 7cm sink would be very large indeed. So I decided to take a 4.4cm wide model, so I can improve the airflow. I have 6 computer FANS as an exhaust fan and 4 FANS as an air intake. And I’m still going to leave a clip fan playing air on the panel. I want to buy another x2 to close 302w in the tent. And now at night I was making two possible drafts for 9 strips using that logic of yours to leave some horizontally in the corners. Can you tell me which one you think is most efficient? :sweat_smile:

For this first draft, the main panel has 7 strips, with 4.5cm of heatsinks for each, and 6.4cm between each heatsink. In total it is 70cm. And it’s 5cm from the walls. On the sides a strips on each side of the panel, 3.5cm away from the panel and 3cm from the wall.

For the second draft, the main panel has 5 strips. Each sink is 4.5cm and 9.3cm between each sink. Total of 60 cm. 10cm away from the wall on each side. On the sides of the panel, two strips on each side. Strip 6 and 9 will be 1.5cm from the wall, and 3cm from strips 7 and 8. While strips 7 and 8 are 3.5cm from the panel. This should spread well, but the distances get smaller between the strips.

What do you guys think? Thank you very much for your patience. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What is a good height to start these lights off? I read one user sets it at 24" when sprouting and lowers 1" per day. Just wondering if that’s a good start or too much.

I would prefer the first version to the second. In the end, I wound up just using a single ladder for my dads 3"x3" tent.

I agree, no. 1, just for the simplicity of the configuration. Either will give you great coverage.

1 Like

So use 8 strips and no strips on the side? Do you think using 9 would be too much? hahahahaha

If you can fit them, go for it. It was just simpler this way. Otherwise the cost of angle iron and weight goes up… the eight are on a HLG-320H-24B driver.

Okay so, I’ll wait for the c1400b to arrive, and try to sell it over here for some other grower. And if I can I’ll buy a 320H24b and I’ll run 9 strips on it. Many thanks for the help and tips friends @ReikoX and @Baudelaire. :sweat_smile: :v:

3 Likes

My “No. 1” meant the 9-strip fixture with 2 strips on the side, your “first draft” of the second group of designs. All will do fine for you.

Thanks again for the patience and tips friends Reiko and Baudelaire :grin:. I’m much more confident and excited to set up the panel.:smiley:

2 Likes

@Baudelaire got a question for you pal. An actively cooled rig with six X2 strips running on an HLG 240H-24 A. Driver at max output was drawing 323W (240V mains). Allowing for driver loss of around 25-30W that should be roughly 295W across the 6 strips or around 49W per strip eh.

I connected an HLG 320H-24 B to that rig but it wont draw more than 260W with the external pot turned up, the last few degrees makes no further increase in output. Taking driver loss into account that’s only around 230W so around 38W each. The voltage at the strips is 23.6 (max).

Have you any idea why this driver is holding it’s output down so low? Apart from low(ish) output it appears to work as it should.

1 Like

Can you attach a pic of your pot? Have u tried unhooking the pot and capping the leads? See what output is then?

2 Likes