SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

My Solrax kit arrived today thankyou very much.

2 Likes

The package came in a way that it was pretty much indestructible in transit.
Time to get building.

15 Likes

Looks good Pedro. Glad to be able to serve our customers Down Under.

How long did it take you to put it together?

2 Likes

It would have been all done within the hour including wiring. Very easy to put together.

6 Likes

It’s Black Friday Weekend at SolStrip.com - 20% off with BLACK20

Limited to the first 100 OGers, good sitewide except individual drivers through midnight Monday California time. Don’t miss our best sale of the year - if you are in the market for a growlight, you will likely not find a better value for quality.

2020-11-27T08:00:00Z2020-11-30T08:00:00Z

5 Likes

Shame i missed this 20% off

@Baudelaire do you have any users running these vertical?

Curious on these flat one direction lights and if its even beneficial to be used vertically. Bulbs seem to be beneficial because without a reflector their light is transmitted 360 degrees.

The area I would like to light up would be 2 4x8s. I currently have a flat 4x8 that I used 14 X2s driven by 2 320s and 4 QB304s driven by 2 240s. I love the X2s. Spreads the light well.

I would like to keep this at 1600w around that. Was thinking 36 X2s 18 for each 4x8 panel.

Mounting them parallel with the floor stacked 6 strips up with 6" between the strips. This covers the 48" vertical nicely. Doing this 3 times down the run. Just being 18in long id need 10" spacing to cover the 96" length and at that its only 94" assuming 10" of dead space between panels and at each end. Each 6 X2 panel driven by a 240h driven so each panel is 270w. Each strip around 25w.

Inspired by nitros 2000w over 81sq.ft. setup. Seems he gets good bud density from a little under 25w/sq.ft.

Curious on your thoughts

1 Like

Folks use SolStix X2s in vertical arrangements all the time. Particularly our X2-Red/Blue strips in tent and cabinet grows when a little more deep red and deep blue is desired. Others build side-lighting racks like your plan for larger canopies or trellis arrangements.

As long as they are mounted parallel to the floor in a rack with appropriate heatsinking they are tremendous at eliminating fluffy buds (larf) at the edges and down the stems of the canopy. Even with 50w of LED mounted every 6 inches across the top of an entire canopy, as long as reflective sides are being used (which they should be) there will be a degree of PFFD (light intensity) variance from the center to the edges. Side lighting levels out that variance so that every bud is in the “sweet spot”.

And yes, in that design and with premium LEDs, basically a “box of light”, 25w/sf should be an excellent overall rule of thumb.

8 Likes

So, 3500k strips is out of stock. @Baudelaire you got any estimated time when new stock arrives? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

We’ll have new 3500K strips in stock later this week. They will have a significant upgrade. Stayed tuned.

5 Likes

That’s great I wanted to order one of the 48" racks but here out of stock , I’m having light emergency and need replacement asap.
Can I order six strips and the driver and put together myself , there is aluminum framing at my local store , just not sure what driver and what strips. I want strictly veg best qaulity on all components and would love to support you and not some random seller on the web. Also is 6500k available I like to stay in the upper blue area for veg

6 Likes

Hey, we have everything in stock, just working on getting it up on the website. We have 48" Rax kits in stock with our new X3 strips - these are overall 3900K spectrum with Samsung 301B SL bin chips in a 1:2 ratio of 5000K and 3000K, plus a couple of deep red and far red Osram diodes to round out the solar-mimic spectrum.

There will be a small price bump when we list them but if you want to commit now I can send an invoice at the current pricing for the kit with the older strips. Just need a billing name, address and email. If you prefer you can send to me at sales@solstrip.com.

9 Likes

I’ll order once they hit the site , I need to build a good flower set up for a 3x6 tent

4 Likes

Site is updated now with the new stock. Let me know if you have any questions.

6 Likes

Any discount codes at the moment @Baudelaire?
I will be ordering 5 more 1.2m Rax in a couple of weeks and can’t wait to see them all setup in rows🤠

4 Likes

We have upgraded our SolStix diode mix to include Osram deep reds, so now is a great time to get a good deal on the Rax. Let me know what you need and I’ll put together a quote.

6 Likes

Thanks mate I’m just after 5 X 48" Rax with the v2 Solstix, same as the last one I bought. will see you in messages :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

It’s 420 all month at SolStrip.com – save 10% now

It’s always 420 somewhere, right? Well at Solstrip.com it’s 420 all April long, with 10% savings across the board on all SolStrip products. Just use the code 10APRIL at checkout to secure your discount. Happy shopping!

4 Likes

Received my rax kit today !! Post pics when she’s all together!!!

Thank you again!! @Baudelaire

6 Likes

And mine arrived today.
@Baudelaire you light up my life :wink::joy:

11 Likes

Nice lights. I looked the site up. I’m interested.

2 Likes