SOLSTRIPS UK (q&a)

Hello fellow OG’ers

A few of you may know that myself and @Robin have teamed up to do what we can to bring both solstrips and grow automation to the UK.

I will state here that the terms of our licensing mean we can only ship to residents of the UK. Anybody outside of our area please direct all traffic to either @Baudelaire himself or the solstrip.com website.

Most of you will know my intention initially was to build myself a badass light. Which I did and @robin obviously liked it as he approached me to start a business. Just a few short weeks and many thousands of emails and pounds trading hands and we await the first authorized resale shipment landing to start building you beautiful bunch cracking lights to suit your needs.

We will use this space as a sort of q & a where necessary. Drop designs and innovations when we make them and answer any questions we possibly can.

I’d like to take this time to thank @Baudelaire for being more than gracious in assisting us with this venture. And every other OG’er thats inspired and encouraged us to proceed

Keep locked for further posts

Cola

WEBSITE AND PRICING UNDER CONSTRUCTION CURRENTLY. WE WILL UPDATE YOU HERE AS SOON AS WE UPDATE THERE.

15 Likes

Congrats bro! you deserve to make a huge success of this, all the best to ya.

3 Likes

Interesting. Is the website still under construction? Wasn’t seeing pricing or pictures for products.

3 Likes

It is I should probably have stated that. I’ll edit the original post thank you. This is also somewhere we can keep up with ourselves over the next few weeks because after all we are all stoners and quite forgetful

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing it more finished then. :smiley:

3 Likes

I hope you guys light the Queens grow, :laughing:

3 Likes

Congrats to @anon58740919 and @Robin , very best wishes to you both on your new venture…
Pretty sure it’ll be a success.!
Good luck.,
Gaz

5 Likes

Lizzy’s got a fathead burning already from all the taxes she’s shafting us for brother.

@Gaz29 thanks mate. It’s mainly our Scottish brothers encouraging us so far.

1 Like

lol probably cos we are rebels at heart and cant ignore a high tech way to say - fuck you! to the establishment :grin:

5 Likes

We fight for Solstrips ya bass… FREEdom.!
lol…

Yeah bro i support you coz i believe you both will do well ,Plus I know you build safe ,killer lights and i believe others will want some of your lights ,or parts for diy etc… there isn’t many cob/solstrips et al available in the uk. I paid a tidy sum for just 2 x 55w cobs from the US - got humped for another 100$ US or £71 customs and VAT charges …
Anyway take it easy and have a good day mate
Talk soon…
Gaz

2 Likes

More PAR in this box than you ever did see :sunglasses: so many more parcels to arrive it’s like 8 christmas’ none of them for me but still got all the excitement. @Robin I’m quite sure is as excited but he’s all southern and they don’t do emotion :wink:

8 Likes

Nice to have an option over here for them, I interested in this , good timing lol …

4 Likes

Good luck on your adventure.

3 Likes

Thanks 99 means a lot bro

And @Arthur-Mix hopefully we can get you sorted mate. You may even be customer#1

5 Likes

Hi @anon58740919, @99PerCent @Gaz29 @Arthur-Mix and @Albannach, sorry if i’ve missed anyone… I’m very excited despite Cola’s emotionless quip :-), we do speak to people down south, well some of us do anyway. I’m really pleased to be involved in a young business, with a smashing and knowledgeable bloke, Colanoscopy, It was without doubt a direct result of hanging around on OG, I feel part of this community thanks to your kind comments :slight_smile: I’m learning fast about LED’s. And I’m definitely into using the new tools available to bring smartphone control to the growers fingertips… so hopefully practical advice of whats achievable and how :slight_smile:

Good to be along for the ride :slight_smile: Happy Days to all…:sunglasses::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thanks for the shout out @Robin … you guys will do well, just what the market in uk needs. Happy for you both.!
Happy growing guys
Gaz

3 Likes
  • Should our lights be built A using lower power drivers increasing efficiency but also decreasing the watt/£ ratio.
  • B pushing the strips hard using higher power driver’s and potentially shortening the life of the strips whilst increasing temperatures and running slightly less efficiently.

0 voters

There are very much mixed feeling’s here and it’s come to our attention that some people just want more watts/£. My opinion is biased towards efficiency but I never started my project to be cost effective as an outlay. More of an accumulative saving over time.
I’ve come to the conclusion though that my opinion isn’t really worth a toss so I would like some input from my OG family. Wherever you’re from in the world.

Cola

2 Likes

i’d suggest having the option. i personally like HLG-A type drivers because they have a built in potentiometer so i can turn it down during veg etc and slowly increase it over the first half of flower

2 Likes

We always use A type drivers. But the initial idea was to sell our units running strips at circa 30w each (for efficiency reasons) I’m not going to lie and say we’re smashing it at the moment because money is tight. (Can’t really afford to stock a massive selection of drivers at the minute so trying to hedge our bets using the information we gather here as to the best option to start getting units out) once we’re slightly more established that’s definitely the aim and is always a possibility if someone requests a “custom build”

Also toying with the idea of a competition. (That would have to be UK side only unfortunately for any prizes) but a single plant/single solstix (40w output straight through) best plant wins a 5 strip 150w rig. Would need to have at least 15 entrants. And they would all have to purchase a single solstix unit as an entry requirement. That sound too fussy?

2 Likes

For me the main advantages of switching to led is reduced heat and lower energy consumption, the potential long life of leds is an added bonus. I recon running them at close to full power loses you most of those benefits, you’d probably be as well using hps fixtures.

3 Likes